Gerwyn Price fined £21,500

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Gerwyn Price fined £21,500

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:33 am
phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:30 am In all seriousness though I had some leeks in a stew yesterday. It was glorious :grin:
My favourite soup has leeks in it :DDD:

I wont type the full name of it as it will lead to some utterly predictable and, I am sure, high quality jokes :roll:
I have a great recipe for it if you want, delicious.
Aye go on, post it. I have never made a soup from scratch before.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:30 am In all seriousness though I had some leeks in a stew yesterday. It was glorious :grin:

I wont type the full name of it as it will lead to some utterly predictable and, I am sure, high quality jokes :roll:
Is it Menudu a delicious Mexican soup?

This is a personal favorite and while it is not very bizarre, some may find cow stomach soup to be a little odd. Menudo is a traditional Mexican soup that is very popular and often made for special occasions. It is also widely known as a cure all for hangovers. Menudo consists of tripe or cow stomach, onions, cilantro, leeks, oregano, chilis and hominy. It takes anywhere from seven to ten hours to make, as the meat needs to cook for an extended time to make it tender.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Is it Menudu a delicious Mexican soup?

This is a personal favorite and while it is not very bizarre, some may find cow stomach soup to be a little odd. Menudo is a traditional Mexican soup that is very popular and often made for special occasions. It is also widely known as a cure all for hangovers. Menudo consists of tripe or cow stomach, onions, cilantro, leeks, oregano, chilis and hominy. It takes anywhere from seven to ten hours to make, as the meat needs to cook for an extended time to make it tender.
Haven't had tripe/stomach, but I generally like offal, and that spice sounds good.

But he's very obviously referring to a well-known Scottish soup which as well as having leeks, has a common poultry variety for the meat.

I like leeks as well. Vichysoise is tasty. I'm a fan of alliums in general.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

How the feck did this thread turn into soup fest.........?
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:48 pm
nikkiboy wrote:

I have a great recipe for it if you want, delicious.
Aye go on, post it. I have never made a soup from scratch before.
I have a quick and easy recipe if you prefer not to make it from scratch.
!: Buy a tin of Cock-a-leekie soup (preferably Baxters)
2: Heat and add salt an pepper if required.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Luddites
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
County Player

Post by 1205 »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:06 pmLuddites
I think you meant gastronomical philistine.

Eating soup from a can is very much _not_ Luddite. Like eating freeze-dried potato.

BTW does anyone have anything more to say about Price's fine, Anderson's warning and what might happen to the ironically-nicknamed James Wade?
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:42 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:14 am
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm Nothing justifies his actions.
Blatant gamesmanship, glad it has been recognised as such.
So I will expect to see the same for MvG for his roaring and fist pumping then, shall I?

Same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, van Gerwen will get away with it unless the DRA somehow appoints Sheriff Isabella MacColl.
He went beyond the pale after almost every throw in the end David, can't stand what MVG or Hamilton do but it is nowhere near as intentional to put off as our my fellow Welshman Price.

As for those claiming Anderson ahould have been treated the same you just need to look at the findings, the DRA have stated that Price cheated and deliberately tried to win the game by slowing the game down and putting his opponent off, all Ando did was give him a shove towards the board and gesture 'get on with it'
People go on about how it happened in the Bristow/Wilson era, yes it did but the difference would have been that Eric and Jockey would have thrown their dart at him whilst he was faffing about and he would not have done it again.

The PDC/PDPA need to bring in a rule that darts must be retrieved within seven/ten seconds of the final dart hitting the board or it will be considered a foul throw, with the obvious exceptions of a game shot dart where the leg/match has finished and WDDA games. That would sort this out straight away, Price hit a 180, stops, gurns and screams at the crowd, does his Charles Atlas and takes one dart out of the board to the sound of the caller shouting 'NO SCORE' - it'll soon speed the cheat up as well as people like Mitchell et al.

Totally agree with you Nikki, retreive your darts straight away. Many years ago when i was playing County my opponent kept walking back along the oche. I warned him & still he did it. So the next time i stuck my dart in his arm, funnily enough he never did it again.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

My opinion for what it’s worth , Price punishment was probably right , Anderson shouldn’t have any fine but a warning for future conduct and use of the exclusion zone, Wades offence was I felt worse than Price, it wasn’t a shout, it was the shout , the first and the aggressive manor directed AT Asada who’s conduct was exemplary. Coupled with the comments in the TV interview spouting the jingoistic bollocks he did wanting to “hurt him in his face” that will earn James a serious fine and possible suspension.

The amount of fine for Price was because of
1) the high profile tournament
2) the pay cheque he received
3) the numerous previous offences for the same/similar behaviour
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Maverick wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:18 pm My opinion for what it’s worth , Price punishment was probably right , Anderson shouldn’t have any fine but a warning for future conduct and use of the exclusion zone, Wades offence was I felt worse than Price, it wasn’t a shout, it was the shout , the first and the aggressive manor directed AT Asada who’s conduct was exemplary. Coupled with the comments in the TV interview spouting the jingoistic bollocks he did wanting to “hurt him in his face” that will earn James a serious fine and possible suspension.

Did Wade get pulled up for his behaviour?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:04 am
Maverick wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:18 pm My opinion for what it’s worth , Price punishment was probably right , Anderson shouldn’t have any fine but a warning for future conduct and use of the exclusion zone, Wades offence was I felt worse than Price, it wasn’t a shout, it was the shout , the first and the aggressive manor directed AT Asada who’s conduct was exemplary. Coupled with the comments in the TV interview spouting the jingoistic bollocks he did wanting to “hurt him in his face” that will earn James a serious fine and possible suspension.

Paddy has a bot of an agenda re the ref's responsibility. And I think he has a point. Unless they have been told not to act why are they not intervening, speaking to the players?

I wonder: do the ref's lack the confidence to pull up the 'big stars' of the game. Think it's an interesting point/question.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

We don't know yet
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Skewball wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:38 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:

We don't know yet
I think he means during the game, by the ref.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

devosteve wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:34 am

Paddy has a bot of an agenda re the ref's responsibility. And I think he has a point. Unless they have been told not to act why are they not intervening, speaking to the players?

I wonder: do the ref's lack the confidence to pull up the 'big stars' of the game. Think it's an interesting point/question.

Perhaps but the problem in darts is the stage officials (ref, markers) are always facing the board and unable to see anything between the players behind!

Some kind of 3rd umpire at the side or front of stage would be able to take care of these matters whilst a game is ongoing.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

has wade been fined, warned or suspended yet ?

Afterall one shout at an opponent is far far worse than actually putting your hand on someone according to ssjsa
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidB wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:05 pm
devosteve wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:34 am

Perhaps but the problem in darts is the stage officials (ref, markers) are always facing the board and unable to see anything between the players behind!

Some kind of 3rd umpire at the side or front of stage would be able to take care of these matters whilst a game is ongoing.
Good point....
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:08 pm has wade been fined, warned or suspended yet ?

Afterall one shout at an opponent is far far worse than actually putting your hand on someone according to ssjsa
And the DRA/PDC which kind of makes your argument look a little silly doesn't it.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Little Lonely Garry
International

nikkiboy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:16 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:08 pm has wade been fined, warned or suspended yet ?

And the DRA/PDC which kind of makes your argument look a little silly doesn't it.
Is it ?
Was wade fined then ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

As stated earlier , it wasn’t just a shout at his opponent , it was the aggressive move, the clenched fist, the aggression displayed AT his opponent, followed by his extremely inappropriate comments. Asada was an absolute gentleman through it even bowing to wade at the end and wade dismissing him with a condescending wave of his hand. Left a bad taste in my mouth watching it.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Little Lonely Garry
International

Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:52 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Is it ?
Was wade fined then ?
whats wrong nikki ?
unable to answer ?