Gerwyn Price fined £21,500

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Re: Gerwyn Price fined £21,500

Post by daveboygreen »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:08 pm
phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 pm What a load of bollocks if their going to fine him then Gando should get the exact same fine or even more as he actually laid his hands on his opponent to push him.

Really though neither should be fined at all.
He was provoked........and isn't he the fans favourite player........no chance.
Ignore him Paddy...He has is tongue right up every Welsh players arse.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

PT13 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:03 pm The DRA can't even enforce their own rulebook regarding Anderson going into the exclusion zone more than once and shoving Price on the oche.
A “Throw” shall consist of a maximum of three darts thrown consecutively (without interruption for any throw by any other Player) by a Player unless a leg, set or match is completed in less than three darts thrown by that Player.
If the throwing Player physically touches any dart which is in the dartboard during a Throw, then that Throw shall be deemed to have been completed.
Any dart bouncing off or falling out of the dartboard prior to being retrieved by the throwing Player after that Player’s Throw does not count and shall not be re-thrown.

The Player with the Throw, after retrieving his darts, will be obliged to turn to their right and to walk back to the non-playing position without stepping in to the marked exclusion zone.
The non-throwing Player must not enter the exclusion zone behind or at the side of the Oche until the throwing Player has completed their Throw.

If there are any pertinent rules that I'm missing, please let me know, because from the above I read that a player is entitled to walk up to the oche as soon as the 3rd dart is thrown.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:58 pm Just to clarify, I am absolutely delighted with the decision of the DRA regarding these unsavoury episodes.
Ando fan justifying his lenient punishment there. :)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I read it as as soon as the throwing player touches a dart in the board, their throw is deemed completed and the next player can enter the exclusion zone.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:24 pm I read it as as soon as the throwing player touches a dart in the board, their throw is deemed completed and the next player can enter the exclusion zone.
5.2.5 describes a dart falling out prior to being retrieved as being "after their Throw" (note the upper-case T), so I think it must be completed before they've retrieved their darts.
I think that 5.2.4 is in case a player mistakenly (by their own error or that of the scorer) thinks they've bust or finished, and walks up to the board and touches their darts before they realize the mistake.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

1205 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:44 pm
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:24 pm I read it as as soon as the throwing player touches a dart in the board, their throw is deemed completed and the next player can enter the exclusion zone.
5.2.5 describes a dart falling out prior to being retrieved as being "after their Throw" (note the upper-case T), so I think it must be completed before they've retrieved their darts.
I think that 5.2.4 is in case a player mistakenly (by their own error or that of the scorer) thinks they've bust or finished, and walks up to the board and touches their darts before they realize the mistake.
Well sort of. If a dart falls out before a player retrieves one, it is not scored. So the throw at that point is not complete. Ergo, once a dart is touched the throw is deemed over as per the rule above and the next player can enter the exclusion zone.
How else can a throw be deemed completed?
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:13 pm
phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 pm What a load of bollocks if their going to fine him then Gando should get the exact same fine or even more as he actually laid his hands on his opponent to push him.

I bet if Price was not Welsh then you would be shouting like fek for the fine to be doubled!!
Go get some help you utter cretin.

Nothing to do with Price being Welsh it’s the fact that Gando did something far worse which is actually in the rules and didn’t get a fine.
Give your head a shake ffs....All you ever do is big up and defend the Welsh players, Price was the aggressor and was seen as such hence the fines, He admitted as much in one of his post match interviews when he put his aggressive celebrations down to him being a rugby player.

End of the day...There was and is no defending his aggressive manor or actions, It was gamesmanship and seen as such so end of the day he got what he deserved.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:23 pm
robot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:35 pm
phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:45 pm
robot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:34 pm Price was the instigator and had plenty of previous so has got off lightly.
His behaviour of excessive gamesmanship won him the title though he still needed to hit the doubles.
Anderson was robbed of the title through gamesmanship, though once he put his hands on Price should have received a fine as well a warning.
What a load of tosh how was Gando robbed of the title? Price played better and beat him the players are already bad enough at making excuses for losing they don’t need the fans to add into the pathetic excuses.
Thought that would reel you in Phil :IIII:
Price’s antics which was tant amount to cheating altered the course of the final. Had he not crossed the line as per the DRA’s findings, then there is no way Anderson would have lost his rag and with it his form. Anderson’s frailty in dealing with players whose pace/mannerisms is well documented and the needle inspired Price to raise his game no question.
Anderson’s own fault he lost in the end, but he nor any other pro should be subject to circus antics at the sharp end of the final of a professional tv major.
Just proves how fekkin sad you are then if you get pleasure from trolling on Internet forums.
I don't think Robot meant it as you have taken it.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:33 pm
phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:23 pm
robot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:35 pm
phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:45 pm
robot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:34 pm Price was the instigator and had plenty of previous so has got off lightly.
His behaviour of excessive gamesmanship won him the title though he still needed to hit the doubles.
Anderson was robbed of the title through gamesmanship, though once he put his hands on Price should have received a fine as well a warning.
What a load of tosh how was Gando robbed of the title? Price played better and beat him the players are already bad enough at making excuses for losing they don’t need the fans to add into the pathetic excuses.
Thought that would reel you in Phil :IIII:
Price’s antics which was tant amount to cheating altered the course of the final. Had he not crossed the line as per the DRA’s findings, then there is no way Anderson would have lost his rag and with it his form. Anderson’s frailty in dealing with players whose pace/mannerisms is well documented and the needle inspired Price to raise his game no question.
Anderson’s own fault he lost in the end, but he nor any other pro should be subject to circus antics at the sharp end of the final of a professional tv major.
Just proves how fekkin sad you are then if you get pleasure from trolling on Internet forums.
I don't think Robot meant it as you have taken it.
God help anyone says anything about a dart player who is Welsh!!
Last edited by daveboygreen on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Just catching up on this after a long day at the coal shaft.

Think, that the Welshman got off very lightly, and appalled that Gary got a warning.

Before Phil, or the poster known as Garry Murphy go apoplectic, I am only kidding.

Genuinely believe that Ando has been let off lightly, given he put hands on Price, and whilst Gerwyn was well over the top in his conduct, the disparity in sanctions between the two is little more than a joke.

Wade, surely will get hammered when his case comes up as his behaviour against Asada was much, much worse.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:36 pm Just catching up on this after a long day at the coal shaft.

Think, that the Welshman got off very lightly, and appalled that Gary got a warning.

Before Phil, or the poster known as Garry Murphy go apoplectic, I am only kidding.

Genuinely believe that Ando has been let off lightly, given he put hands on Price, and whilst Gerwyn was well over the top in his conduct, the disparity in sanctions between the two is little more than a joke.

Wade, surely will get hammered when his case comes up as his behaviour against Asada was much, much worse.
My honest thoughts on it....

Price has pushed the boundaries with gamesmanship and over celebrating in televised events, The more it has gone without consequence, The more Price has tested the waters.

Unfortunately for Price, There have been complaints and the DRA have had to act on those and like with everything else in life, Someone has to take it on the chin and be made an example of so that the law can be firmly laid down.

Do I think the fine is harsh? Yes

Do I think Anderson should have been accountable for his actions? Absolutely...As under no circumstances should anyone lay their hands on an opponent during a darts match.

Do I think Price should have a fine and suspended ban? 100% but not as hefty as was dished out.

We can all argue what we think is right or wrong here but the fact remains that the DRA had to act on complaints made but one positive from it all is that there now seems to be a line as far as gamesmanship is concerned which I think was a long time coming.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:36 pm Just catching up on this after a long day at the coal shaft.

My honest thoughts on it....

Price has pushed the boundaries with gamesmanship and over celebrating in televised events, The more it has gone without consequence, The more Price has tested the waters.

Unfortunately for Price, There have been complaints and the DRA have had to act on those and like with everything else in life, Someone has to take it on the chin and be made an example of so that the law can be firmly laid down.

Do I think the fine is harsh? Yes

Do I think Anderson should have been accountable for his actions? Absolutely...As under no circumstances should anyone lay their hands on an opponent during a darts match.

Do I think Price should have a fine and suspended ban? 100% but not as hefty as was dished out.

We can all argue what we think is right or wrong here but the fact remains that the DRA had to act on complaints made but one positive from it all is that there now seems to be a line as far as gamesmanship is concerned which I think was a long time coming.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

daveboygreen wrote:
phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:13 pm

I bet if Price was not Welsh then you would be shouting like fek for the fine to be doubled!!
Go get some help you utter cretin.

Nothing to do with Price being Welsh it’s the fact that Gando did something far worse which is actually in the rules and didn’t get a fine.
Give your head a shake ffs....All you ever do is big up and defend the Welsh players, Price was the aggressor and was seen as such hence the fines, He admitted as much in one of his post match interviews when he put his aggressive celebrations down to him being a rugby player.

End of the day...There was and is no defending his aggressive manor or actions, It was gamesmanship and seen as such so end of the day he got what he deserved.
Not sure you can use the excuse of being a rugby player for excessive celebrations. If you ran to an opposition player and celebrated like that after scoring a try u am pretty sure you would get a slap or 10.
Maybe Professor Owen can confirm if players celebrate a try in the face of their opponents.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:36 pm

:DDD: :DDD: oh dear.

You think Wade who screamed once at a player on stage is worse than Ando who used actual physical conduct ?
You think shouting is worse than physical contact, remind me again how you are not bias.

I think Wade deserves a fine for screaming, not as high as Price who screams constantly and did so in multiple games, and also since prices actions in the final earned him 110 k .....wades sole "crime" was a single incident. and did not earn ten of thousands.

Will Keegan Brown being fined for his scott mitchell imitations ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:21 pm

You think Wade who screamed once at a player on stage is worse than Ando who used actual physical conduct ?
You think shouting is worse than physical contact, remind me again how you are not bias.

I think Wade deserves a fine for screaming, not as high as Price who screams constantly and did so in multiple games, and also since prices actions in the final earned him 110 k .....wades sole "crime" was a single incident. and did not earn ten of thousands.

We shall see. Personally I am of the firm belief that Wade's conduct was far worse than that, of both Ando and Price. Your reference to a "sole crime" is either a piss take or delusional.

And despite your reference to the Welsh and Scottish, neither of the players of those nationalities tried to support their actions by articulating they did it for their country. :WWWW:

Let's just see how much of a fine James gets. ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:26 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:21 pm

We shall see. Personally I am of the firm belief that Wade's conduct was far worse than that, of both Ando and Price. Your reference to a "sole crime" is either a piss take or delusional.

And despite your reference to the Welsh and Scottish, neither of the players of those nationalities tried to support their actions by articulating they did it for their country. :WWWW:

Let's just see how much of a fine James gets. ;-)

Saying he did it for his country is retarded, but not breaking the rules. as ridiculous as it was

You are so biased you actually would try have us believe ando physically assaulting a player is less than screaming at a player.

Keep telling yourself that.
Likewise when gurney shoulder barged whitlock, he should have been heavily fined for physical conduct as should ando, but you dont seem to accept this.

I wonder why that is.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Think of the example it sets for the children. They are representatives of their organisation and should act accordingly.

Price should be banned for life.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:29 pm Think of the example it sets for the children. They are representatives of their organisation and should act accordingly.

Price should be banned for life.
Whilst this is clearly a wind up :grin:

What should Gando get then for his physical assault prison time? ;-)
No wind up........what else could Gazzer do.......it went on for ages and the ref did sweet FA.....in my opinion the ref should be fined as well for letting the harassment continue for so long.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Arranmore180
Feather Flights

Post by Arranmore180 »

Skewball wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:59 pm Gando will carry on for as long as he gets paid loads and loads of money for throwing three little pointy things for which he doesn't even need to practice much for. He has a young family and realises he needs to earn plenty more yet to continue living in the style that him and his family have probably become accustomed to. Which puts him in the same 'wage slave' position as 95% of the population!
He doesn’t get paid, as far as I’m aware you’ve got to go and earn your money by winning. I could be wrong, do the PDC pay them appearance money ?
County Player

Post by 1205 »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:10 pm
1205 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:44 pm
Well sort of. If a dart falls out before a player retrieves one, it is not scored. So the throw at that point is not complete. Ergo, once a dart is touched the throw is deemed over as per the rule above and the next player can enter the exclusion zone.
How else can a throw be deemed completed?
It can't be complete only when you've retrieved the darts because then the dart falling out that doesn't score wouldn't be _after_ the Throw, it'd be _during_ the Throw.
The definition just says it's throwing 3 darts, with some exceptions.

So, I don't see a problem with approaching the oche once the player's thrown all the darts. Just don't expect them to have moved and shove them if they haven't.