Gerwyn Price fined £21,500

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
robot
Superleague Player

Re: Gerwyn Price fined £21,500

Post by robot »

Price was the instigator and had plenty of previous so has got off lightly.
His behaviour of excessive gamesmanship won him the title though he still needed to hit the doubles.
Anderson was robbed of the title through gamesmanship, though once he put his hands on Price should have received a fine as well a warning.
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 pm
The Crusader wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:39 pm Probably still worth it as he won £110.000 for winning it. Really if he lost behaving himself he would be £33.500 worse off. Justifies his actions.
Hes also gained a likely PL place out of it, and a slightly better seeding for 2 years than if he had lost. Quite sure this fine wont bother him one bit. Least he wont sulk for the rest of his career about a sanction like Ando is doing, has he even bothered playing a Euro event since they banned him all those years ago? Silly sulky Scottish tit.

Or he rather fuck it off to spend time with his young family
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nah hes been sulking ever since.
Big Jock Knew
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

I’m of the view if gando was financially punished he would have said that’s it see ya folks, point of interest has been said before price is still up on the deal even after paying this fine compared to finishing runner up when seedings places etc are taken into account
Ted Hankeys Cape
Brass Darts

Post by Ted Hankeys Cape »

Ridiculous punishment........a prime Prowler or MVG and Barry's magical brush would be out to sweep it under the carpet.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Gando will carry on for as long as he gets paid loads and loads of money for throwing three little pointy things for which he doesn't even need to practice much for. He has a young family and realises he needs to earn plenty more yet to continue living in the style that him and his family have probably become accustomed to. Which puts him in the same 'wage slave' position as 95% of the population!
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

Now they have set a precedence I think they should now state that :
As soon as the third dart is thrown all darts must be retrieved immediately , to stop all the posturing & gesturing just because they have hit a 180.
SolidSCB
Brass Darts

Post by SolidSCB »

I mean certain shots I don't see a problem with a player giving it some. There's nothing wrong with caring.

But turning round and doing a 10-15 second pantomime routine every time you hit a successful cover shot for a score of 97 is pathetic and cringeworthy, and anyone that happens to be tuning into the game for the first time is also going to find it pathetic and cringeworthy and get fed up of it before the end of a match.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Will Price learn the lesson come the 28th of February, (when he plays Gary at Exeter for the first time after the Grand Slam farce, Players Championships and Masters permitting)?

We'll have to wait and see..... I seriously doubt it....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

favoritism and bias always in abundance on here.

Ando fans making excuses for his behavior
Welsh members defending the welsh price
anti pdc members ready to slate the dra
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
County Player

Post by 1205 »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 pm
BeppeBergomi wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:40 pm Will Price learn the lesson come the 28th of February, (when he plays Gary at Exeter for the first time after the Grand Slam farce, Players Championships and Masters permitting)?

We'll have to wait and see..... I seriously doubt it....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I’d wind him up more given he has gotten away with pushing him
Had he gone out of his way to push him, I think he'd have been stuck with a hefty fine. But he did it after walking to the oche as he normally does.
robot
Superleague Player

Post by robot »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:45 pm
robot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:34 pm Price was the instigator and had plenty of previous so has got off lightly.
His behaviour of excessive gamesmanship won him the title though he still needed to hit the doubles.
Anderson was robbed of the title through gamesmanship, though once he put his hands on Price should have received a fine as well a warning.
What a load of tosh how was Gando robbed of the title? Price played better and beat him the players are already bad enough at making excuses for losing they don’t need the fans to add into the pathetic excuses.
Thought that would reel you in Phil :IIII:
Price’s antics which was tant amount to cheating altered the course of the final. Had he not crossed the line as per the DRA’s findings, then there is no way Anderson would have lost his rag and with it his form. Anderson’s frailty in dealing with players whose pace/mannerisms is well documented and the needle inspired Price to raise his game no question.
Anderson’s own fault he lost in the end, but he nor any other pro should be subject to circus antics at the sharp end of the final of a professional tv major.
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

This ruling from the DRA is absolutely outrageous.

As far as I'm concerned, only Gary Anderson broke rules in that final. He was entering the exclusion zone pretty often during the match before Gerwyn Price had even started walking to retrieve his darts, and he shoved Price on the oche. What did Price do? Celebrate, pump his fists and wave Anderson bye-bye.

The DRA should be disbanded, as they are not fit for purpose. And who the heck are the DRA anyway? They have shown blatant favouritism to Anderson because of his star name and because he has been muttering about retirement since the Grand Slam final. The next time that the PDC say that they want "a show" or "needle", remember this, because their actions show that they certainly don't want a show or needle, especially if one of their star players is on the receiving end of a defeat.
Last edited by PT13 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

The DRA can't even enforce their own rulebook regarding Anderson going into the exclusion zone more than once and shoving Price on the oche.
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

I think Ando's got off lightly, definitely, but Price deserves everything he gets.

Celebrating a 180, I get it. Celebrating winning a leg, fantastic. Hitting a ton and then taking an age to collect your darts because you're gurning at the crowd with veins bursting, that's taking the piss and is clearly gamesmanship. Price has been at it for ages, and he overstepped the mark in the GSOD by some distance. It was a matter of time before it caught up with him.

He doesn't need to do it either, because he's a bloody good player.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:18 pm favoritism and bias always in abundance on here.

Ando fans making excuses for his behavior
Welsh members defending the welsh price
anti pdc members ready to slate the dra
Luckily, I am none of those things :grin:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Just to clarify, I am absolutely delighted with the decision of the DRA regarding these unsavoury episodes.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 pm What a load of bollocks if their going to fine him then Gando should get the exact same fine or even more as he actually laid his hands on his opponent to push him.

Really though neither should be fined at all.
He was provoked........and isn't he the fans favourite player........no chance.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 pm What a load of bollocks if their going to fine him then Gando should get the exact same fine or even more as he actually laid his hands on his opponent to push him.

Really though neither should be fined at all.
I bet if Price was not Welsh then you would be shouting like fuck for the fine to be doubled!!