Re: Romanian Open

Post by ChrisW »

Parletti beats Robson 6-5.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Well played to Michel & Parletti for winning the Romanian Open/CLassic
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

The Boss not happy on Fanatics...Sparidaans fuming...Barry Hearn saying he applied for permission to play and it was granted .....surely it's down to the event organisers to have the final say then and they allowed it and the PDC allowed it
neil rose
Steady Sixties

Post by neil rose »

trotter01 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:02 am The Boss not happy on Fanatics...Sparidaans fuming...Barry Hearn saying he applied for permission to play and it was granted .....surely it's down to the event organisers to have the final say then and they allowed it and the PDC allowed it
Very surprised that Barry allowed it , what does he say now if MvG says he wants to enter the Dutch open
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

McGeeney had entered the Dutch Open

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

neil rose wrote:
trotter01 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:02 am The Boss not happy on Fanatics...Sparidaans fuming...Barry Hearn saying he applied for permission to play and it was granted .....surely it's down to the event organisers to have the final say then and they allowed it and the PDC allowed it
Very surprised that Barry allowed it , what does he say now if MvG says he wants to enter the Dutch open
Surely it's a question of scale. The Romanian Open is a nothing event over that side of the divide in terms of points, exposure and entries. Same can't be said for the Dutch.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:54 am McGeeney had entered the Dutch Open

Yeah but wasn’t the cut-off for Dutch Open entries before Q-School thus he was (rightly) hedging his bets??
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
oche balboa wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:54 am McGeeney had entered the Dutch Open

Yeah but wasn’t the cut-off for Dutch Open entries before Q-School thus he was (rightly) hedging his bets??
^^^^this is the most likely scenario.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well seems maybe all along if you ask you get permission.
Perhaps the whole The Hague Championship was a 'warning' to ask.
Or is it possible that the PDC's standpoint has changed now that the BDO have relaxed the rules.

Personally I think the freedom to choose where to play has got to be a good thing for darts.
So I hope they keep asking for permission.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

You , I and most players agree that what has happened at this weekends Romanian Open , or whatever it’s called , is wrong but IMO I believe the organisation of said country had the opportunity to deal with it. They checked the permissions given and said player was allowed to play . It is done now and no need to go on and on about it, BUT it doesn’t stop other organisations to protect their tournaments from future controversies , anomalies etc etc etc , protect your tournaments because nobody else will , players included ."

Ross seemed a bit upset with all of this.
1st not happy with pdc having a rule but then changing it. Not happy with the rule by the bdo removing restrictions: told the bdo to wake up. And post above saying national organisation could have done something.

This all maybe a one off but it's going to be interesting if hearn gives more players permission.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

What a mess this is all turning out to be, the BDO imposed contracts that they were not in a financial position to enforce, so the sensible thing was to scrap the contracts. The BDO unilaterally removed any restrictions on players being able to compete, perhaps because they were aware that Barry Hearn would not allow his Tour card holders to appear in any event which is streamed or has TV coverage, which in essence we could live with. We did this with no firm commitment or agreement from Barry Hearn or the PDC that this compromise and show of good faith would be reciprocated from them.

This weekend in Romania we see a situation which I didn’t expect, that permission was given to a Tour Card holder to take part in the Romania Open. This begs the question is the PDC’s stance on this that they will look at the player asking for permission on a player to player event to event scenario or will we see a complete lifting on all PDC Tour Card holders to play on all events within the BDO/WDF sphere of influence, whether they are streamed or feature on TV around the world. MY view is this will not happen, he may allow the lesser players holding a tour card, but not the players he has tied up on contracts and needs to keep exclusive TV and commercial contracts, and for the record neither would I expect him to. Just take a for instance, should say the British Open have a commercial deal with Euro-Sport and all finalists appearing in the finals have to wear a Eurosport patch, and the players who have contracts to Sky are not allowed to wear the Sky patch but are, as part of the British Open contract have to wear Eurosport patches, so the exclusive Sky contract for that player is no longer exclusive and as such deals/contracts of that nature are no longer enforceable leaving the player to make the choice, his contract via PDC or the BDO/WDF event sponsors.

To what end are we allowing Tour Card holders into our events, they may cherry pick this event or that event, look at the possible prize pot, and decide they will do a few, hardly embracing our system, or showing any loyalty, when we know their priority is not us. Further how do we promote an identity in the market place, with our own product, when our product is an extension of the PDC’s, the same players?. Is Barry Hearn going to allow Gary Anderson, Van Gerwin to appear on our TV events? Not in a million years, which for me, means commercial suicide to us allowing them the opportunity. There are many events running which are not ranking events where players of both codes compete, happy days.

We now see players for whatever reason; they didn’t get a tour card or are happy to play within the BDO/WDF system to suit their personal lives, not being supported by our system. We know in our system some of the events are not well funded, but we help develop these countries with our support through a system which gives ranking points for the ultimate goal of appearing in our World Finals, so in effect all the events are important, and with the support of the players committed to our system, they can improve and increase the rewards going into the future. We now put our system in jeopardy. Until there is a commitment from Barry Hearn/PDC , that all their Tour Card holders are entitled to take part without any commercial restrictions, and that all PDC events are opened up to all players, a completely open system, until this commitment is made I really do think that tour card holders should not be allowed into BDO/WDF system.

TT's thoughts on the subject.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:58 am You , I and most players agree that what has happened at this weekends Romanian Open , or whatever it’s called , is wrong but IMO I believe the organisation of said country had the opportunity to deal with it. They checked the permissions given and said player was allowed to play . It is done now and no need to go on and on about it, BUT it doesn’t stop other organisations to protect their tournaments from future controversies , anomalies etc etc etc , protect your tournaments because nobody else will , players included ."

Ross seemed a bit upset with all of this.
1st not happy with pdc having a rule but then changing it. Not happy with the rule by the bdo removing restrictions: told the bdo to wake up. And post above saying national organisation could have done something.

This all maybe a one off but it's going to be interesting if hearn gives more players permission.
As usual Devo points the blame at an innocent organisation, he'd be the first to moan if Romania banned the player in question. There is only one org to blame here, for once in your life be honest Stevo......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I'm not reading all that ffs. Can someone summarise it in one word?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:06 am I'm not reading all that ffs. Can someone summarise it in one word?
FFS
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Or one acronym.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

You are lazy bradders

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:You are lazy bradders
The point being he rambles on and on and on and on. Can't he be concise for once?
Big Jock Knew
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

T-Rex talks some amount of shit

Hopefully someone who’s a forward thinker and not stuck in the 80s with a personal hatred of all things pdc takes over the edo soon. T-Rex’s time has come and gone.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I'm assuming the word loyalty is in there somewhere.