2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Players Championship Tour 2019

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:30 pm the results on the floor prove everything I have always said how winning one floor comp is nothing miraculous.

Bunting won one when he switched, Jamie Caven won back to back titles in one weekend, Dan Dawson called Durrant among the "best in the world" for reaching a final, yet never spouted the same for clemens, and others.It was a poor statement by Dawson

Ian White, Justin Pipe, Mark Walsh etc all have cleaned up on the floor and did absolutely nothing on TV. Durrant has done nothing on TV in the PDC including his GSoD appearances....these are facts.
If or when durrant wins a proper major tv title in the PDC, then the hype can begin, until then its just hype by people who haven't got a clue
forgot to add, the hypocrisy be certain people.

When Scott Baker reached a players champs final this year, the usual suspects were out praising him
When durrant made a final, same thing, same individuals out praising him.
Where were those people praising clemens when he reached a final ?
Where were they when Ricky Evans reached a final, yet these people have the audacity to call others trolls.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Takes its soooo seriously
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:36 pm
They have van de pass 2016 Dutch maters 2nd rounds against Webster it on YouTube
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:34 pm Takes its soooo seriously
Still thinking about Durant i see.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:36 pm

Can you ask Mr Kempf if MvG going 141 on t19, t16, d18 was a first? How about the 9 darter he hit without a 180 - has that ever been done before (til Edhouse today) ??
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:48 pm
You should see his blog

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:03 pm
ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:48 pm
You should see his blog
He has a blog?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Durrant has really made an impact on Gary........he's only just switched and he can't stop talking about him, it's like in someway he's a threat.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
robot
Superleague Player

Post by robot »

Not a Gerwyn Price fan by any means, but that was a brilliant weekend performance by him to win both events - that takes some doing (even if MVG and Gary A not there).
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

robot wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:26 am Not a Gerwyn Price fan by any means, but that was a brilliant weekend performance by him to win both events - that takes some doing (even if MVG and Gary A not there).
No no no no he should have been banned for life and had his Grand Slam title taken off him because he wound up a sulking Scotsman! :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
neil rose
Steady Sixties

Post by neil rose »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:09 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:30 pm the results on the floor prove everything I have always said how winning one floor comp is nothing miraculous.

Bunting won one when he switched, Jamie Caven won back to back titles in one weekend, Dan Dawson called Durrant among the "best in the world" for reaching a final, yet never spouted the same for clemens, and others.It was a poor statement by Dawson

Ian White, Justin Pipe, Mark Walsh etc all have cleaned up on the floor and did absolutely nothing on TV. Durrant has done nothing on TV in the PDC including his GSoD appearances....these are facts.
If or when durrant wins a proper major tv title in the PDC, then the hype can begin, until then its just hype by people who haven't got a clue

When Scott Baker reached a players champs final this year, the usual suspects were out praising him
When durrant made a final, same thing, same individuals out praising him.
Where were they when Ricky Evans reached a final, yet these people have the audacity to call others trolls.

When did Scott Baker reach a "players champs final " ??
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Probably the same time Steve Farmer became the BDO ranked #1 ;)
Big Jock Knew
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:09 pm

90.2, 90.8, 95.0, 95.9, 95.0, 93.2
When Durrant made a final, same thing, same individuals out praising him.
95.8, 98.3, 97.1, 93.3, 87.6, 94.4, 92.5
99.8, 92.4, 99.4, 91.7, 90.5, 92.7, 79.4
92.4 , 101.0, 92.9, 91.0, 98.8, 88.6, 87.8

Baker and Durrant got praise in the context of being new to the PDC, and people being happy to see that they weren't overwhelmed by the higher standard of competition. (And both of them have followed up those with better performances. Baker hasn't been as far as his first tournaments, but he's had some better performances even in losses.)

Clemens and Evans are known quantities, and their runs weren't particularly special.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Is Glenn Durrant capable of beating the best in the PDC regularly? I'd say so - he is an excellent player who knows how to win. I don't see anything particularly controversial about describing him as one of the best players in the world. Even if we are conservative and rate him inside the top 32 that would still be true. I'd say he is currently in and amongst the top 20 dart players about - inside that list you have guys like Steve West, Jonny Clayton, Mervyn King and Darren Webster - so it's hardly that much of a leap.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Murphio wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:02 pm Is Glenn Durrant capable of beating the best in the PDC regularly? I'd say so - he is an excellent player who knows how to win. I don't see anything particularly controversial about describing him as one of the best players in the world. Even if we are conservative and rate him inside the top 32 that would still be true. I'd say he is currently in and amongst the top 20 dart players about - inside that list you have guys like Steve West, Jonny Clayton, Mervyn King and Darren Webster - so it's hardly that much of a leap.
But but he lost to Clemens :omg:

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 pm
Murphio wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:02 pm Is Glenn Durrant capable of beating the best in the PDC regularly? I'd say so - he is an excellent player who knows how to win. I don't see anything particularly controversial about describing him as one of the best players in the world. Even if we are conservative and rate him inside the top 32 that would still be true. I'd say he is currently in and amongst the top 20 dart players about - inside that list you have guys like Steve West, Jonny Clayton, Mervyn King and Darren Webster - so it's hardly that much of a leap.
I think Glenn Durrant is capable of winning a TV major in the PDC. Winning Lakeside might not be the achievement it once was but it is still tough to win and getting over the line three times is no mean feat. Glenn's problem is that he has half a dozen to 10 players - MVG, Lewis, Gurney, Anderson, Wright, Cross, Smith, Price - in front of him. He is capable of beating all of them on any given day - it remains to be seen if he has the game to finish ahead of all of them on TV in one event.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Michael van Gerwen lost a game to Martin Schindler, Madars Razma, Willie O'Connor and Brendan Dolan last year.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

1205 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:59 pm
Michael van Gerwen lost a game to Martin Schindler, Madars Razma, Willie O'Connor and Brendan Dolan last year.
those four are a lot better quality than

Vince Tipple
Darren Herewini
Reece Robinson
Kirk Shepherd
Luke Woodhouse
etc

who have all beaten durrant THIS YEAR
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time