Players Championship Tour 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
County Player

Re: Players Championship Tour 2019

Post by 1205 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:43 pm What does the GSoD qualification race look like now?
No change. All spots are ET winners or "better". 16th spot is Hughes.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

1205 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:07 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:43 pm What does the GSoD qualification race look like now?
Duzza and Waites have the BDO World's winner and RU spots, but I'm pretty sure Uncle Des isn't going to let that fly.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:10 pm
Duzza and Waites have the BDO World's winner and RU spots, but I'm pretty sure Uncle Des isn't going to let that fly.
There is no way on this earth that Durrant will be picked by the BDO as one of their representatives, and rightly so.

Should this hugely unlikely event happen, it would be purely at the insistence of Barry Hearn, and for me would signal the end of the GSOD as we know it, signaling in the immediate term, the dilution of the BDO entries, very closely followed by them being punted permanently.

Imo would be disappointing as the involvement of the BDO players is what differentiates the GSOD from the other PDC Majors.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
dartfanaat
Steady Sixties

Post by dartfanaat »

Who do you think will win PC22? Will Ratajski winn also this one this weekend or do you think someone else. I personally hope Drrant. He lost today at the first round, but i hope he wins tomorrow. Other favourites: Michael Smith and Simon Whitlock
Follow me on twitter. (username Dartfanaat)
you may also follow me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002129614425
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

dartfanaat wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:16 pm Who do you think will win PC22? Will Ratajski winn also this one this weekend or do you think someone else. I personally hope Drrant. He lost today at the first round, but i hope he wins tomorrow. Other favourites: Michael Smith and Simon Whitlock
Would like to see Yozza win this and had a modest bet on him at 25/1.

Surprising that Glen Durrant is 10/1 favourite to win tomorrow.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ssjsa wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:05 pm
There is no way on this earth that Durrant will be picked by the BDO as one of their representatives, and rightly so.

Should this hugely unlikely event happen, it would be purely at the insistence of Barry Hearn, and for me would signal the end of the GSOD as we know it, signaling in the immediate term, the dilution of the BDO entries, very closely followed by them being punted permanently.

Imo would be disappointing as the involvement of the BDO players is what differentiates the GSOD from the other PDC Majors.
Why is it unlikely to happen ? or at Barry Hearn's insistence ?

It's already happened before Bunting qualified for the 2014 GSOD as a BDO representative , World Champion, but had left and was a current PDC PDPA member.

Pretty sure Hankey and Kist also qualified as BDO representatives despite leaving the BDO for the PDC and being active PDPA members as well

That never really caused any greta fuss so why would it now with Durrant ?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

el_ringo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:26 am

It's already happened before Bunting qualified for the 2014 GSOD as a BDO representative , World Champion, but had left and was a current PDC PDPA member.

Pretty sure Hankey and Kist also qualified as BDO representatives despite leaving the BDO for the PDC and being active PDPA members as well

They didn't qualify as BDO representatives, they qualified as winners/runners up in tournaments that the PDC said should get places in the GSOD. The situation now is that Barry has given the BDO 8 places in the GSOD to fill as the BDO sees fit. So they truly are representing the BDO. It would be very odd if the BDO gave Duzza a spot.

If Duzza goes it will be because the PDC has reduced the number of BDO picks. I don't think this would be the end of the GSOD as we know it, but it would certainly be a snub to the BDO
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Addicks Fan wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:59 am
el_ringo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:26 am

They didn't qualify as BDO representatives, they qualified as winners/runners up in tournaments that the PDC said should get places in the GSOD. The situation now is that Barry has given the BDO 8 places in the GSOD to fill as the BDO sees fit. So they truly are representing the BDO. It would be very odd if the BDO gave Duzza a spot.

If Duzza goes it will be because the PDC has reduced the number of BDO picks. I don't think this would be the end of the GSOD as we know it, but it would certainly be a snub to the BDO
Which won't happen this year as was stated in June.
The eight BDO qualifiers shall be drawn randomly, one placed in each group.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

THe difference is that the BDO dont have 8 creditable players that people want to watch and Durrant adds more interest than anyone else on both sides. A GSOD without Durrant would be a far less entertaining event. Apart from a few on here nobody would care how he qualified. After all he is
still the BDO World Champion and still shows as ranked number 10 on their website.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

So the automatic places for Lakeside winner and RU simply don't apply any more?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Let's hope this is discussed at the AGM today.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:20 am So the automatic places for Lakeside winner and RU simply don't apply any more?
No it’s now free choice by BDO. They have chosen in last few years to use Lakeside winner and runner up plus Masters winner and Trophy winner with remainder of 8 best non qualified in their OOM.

However this differs to old days when it was defined by the PDC that is was Lakeside winner and runner up plus prior years as well. So as noted when Bunting qualified he was the defined qualifier as Lakeside winner the BDO couldn’t pick or choose him.

So this year the BDO are theoretically in their rights to only choose Lakeside runner up, Master and Trophy winners plus another 5. That assumes though the PDC don’t change the entry rules again.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Surely they have to lay the law down now.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

More importantly, where does his 'point' go if he does play.
BDO or PDC.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

It’s bollocks. It was always touted as the champions from both codes tournaments playing against each other.
These days it is nothing like that.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

I agree the qualification is stupid.

I really don’t understand why Hearn and the PDC don’t stand up to the PDPA and the rank and file tour card holders and say you can’t have a qualifier. It’s only winners of PDC events who get entry. If they have less than 24 okay have a qualifier. However I think this year they would have very close to 24. Would also guarantee Durrant a PDC place with his two Pro Tour wins.

Also before the PDPA moan it’s a ranking event so they need a qualifier should be pointed out to them their members have had 30 chances to qualify as they all get free entry to the 30 Pro Tour events. If they aren’t good enough to win one of those they’re not good enough for the GSOD.

If you include Pro Tour winners think it takes it up to 21 winners including Durrant on tour this year with still lots of events to fill the other 3.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Reece Robinson bangs in 106.6 average in a 6-2 win over Barnard.

3 x 12 darters in a row in the middle, and finished off with a 13.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

King misses at match dart at 5-4 and Barney takes out 158 to level and has the darts in the decider.

Edit - then takes out 120 for a 15 darter with King sat on a finish to win it.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Dolan takes the last 3 legs to beat de Zwaan 6-5 with 100.6 average.