Players Championship Tour 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Players Championship Tour 2019

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Has anyone ever got to a players champ final against so many chokers. ?

Razma chokes when he was well on top
Thornton 4-1 and should have been 5-1 up and bottles it.
Hendo misses multiple darts to go 5-1 up and chokes
He then play a proven choker in Cullen who last week lost 10 legs out of 12 to Wade...no surprise Cullen bottled it
Chizzy who has never in his entire life won a major title hits an 88 average and misses match darts and still wins.

People heralded Bunting as a top player because he won an event, and where is bunting now ?
Durrant could only beat what was in front of him, but other than Peter Wright, durrant beat no one who is decent, even Robert Thornton is a shell of the player he was.Hendo, Cullen, and Madars showed why they will never win anything of note.

As for Chizzy, he too was lucky and nearly blew it, like Wade did when he missed 5 match darts against Chizzy.
When Durrant is scraping lucky wins against fodder players it does not look encouraging....remember Jamie Caven won back to back players champs...and where is he
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Duzza first aim should be 64th which 6k in his first weekend goes a long way towards.

Add in UK open and whether or not he gets grand slam money he should piss it.

Is the pro tour order of merit rolling or does it reset each year. Where does he have to get to go get to the other majors?
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

BlueSpark wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:10 pm So close.
Never mind.

Upset??
County Player

Post by 1205 »

foggs3355 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 pm Close but still good weekend picking up £6000
Up to at least 87th after that. :)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Well done to Glen. Could have been doing this 2yr ago if it wasn't for the bdo, threatening to withhold prize fund.

out of interest it seems some folk think that this comp is the gsod, that Glen is playing as a bdo player. I thought the thread title may have been a clue.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Can’t wait to see all the deflecting tonight from our friend...

The BDO world champion making the final of a PDC event at just his second attempt - took him 3 days at Q-School to do that, just let that sink in... :grin:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

DavidB wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 pm
Never mind.

Upset??
Er, no.
Flitted in and out of dart connect throughout the afternoon, I'm fairly busy at the moment.
Little Lonely Garry
International

BlueSpark wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 pm
Never mind.

Upset??
Er, no.
Flitted in and out of dart connect throughout the afternoon, I'm fairly busy at the moment.
aye, watching the chelsea keeper take the ball out of the net six times :grin:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Never mind.

Upset??
Er, no.
Luckily not.
In delivery room at hospital, wife being induced as we speak.
thecat
Steady Sixties

Post by thecat »

So am I right in saying that challenge tour players don’t get money in THE order of merit but do earn on the players championship order or merit?
Little Lonely Garry
International

BlueSpark wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:28 pm
Never mind.

Upset??
Er, no.
Luckily not.
Best of Luck
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Just in from work and looking through the results from today.

Congratulations to Glen in getting to his 1st PDC final in only his 2nd tournament. :DDDD:

Reading there were 4 niners today. :omg:

The standard is getting better and better. Over 100 average for 1st night of the PL. 91.2 average today and 91.7 for PC1.

Roll on the PL on Thursday.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:15 pm Has anyone ever got to a players champ final against so many chokers. ?

He then play a proven choker in Cullen who last week lost 10 legs out of 12 to Wade...no surprise Cullen bottled it
Chizzy who has never in his entire life won a major title hits an 88 average and misses match darts and still wins.

People heralded Bunting as a top player because he won an event, and where is bunting now ?
Durrant could only beat what was in front of him, but other than Peter Wright, durrant beat no one who is decent, even Robert Thornton is a shell of the player he was.Hendo, Cullen, and Madars showed why they will never win anything of note.

As for Chizzy, he too was lucky and nearly blew it, like Wade did when he missed 5 match darts against Chizzy.
When Durrant is scraping lucky wins against fodder players it does not look encouraging....remember Jamie Caven won back to back players champs...and where is he
Agree with all of this. It's like that time you said Wade was a complete jobber and he'd never win a title again, and he won the next two TV tournaments after lads missed multiple match darts against him. Pure genius.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Little Lonely Garry
International

waddle147 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:37 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:15 pm Has anyone ever got to a players champ final against so many chokers. ?

Agree with all of this. It's like that time you said Wade was a complete jobber and he'd never win a title again, and he won the next two TV tournaments after lads missed multiple match darts against him. Pure genius.
What part of my post is wrong ?
Bunting was heralded by people on here when he won a UK Open qualifier, one person claimed there was only 2 players better, and others even agreed.
Years on, and where is Bunting...well outside the top 16, and he even contemplated retiring from the game TWICE.

Another fact, Chizzy has never won a major, and averaged 88 and still won.
Another fact is joe Cullen is over rated and did indeed lose 10 of his last 12 legs to wade last week.
Thornton is in a slump no matter how you spin it and blew a huge lead and was given the chances and failed to take them.
Hendo was given multiple chances and failed to take them as did Razma.

I did not knock Durrant, as said you can only beat what is in front of you, I was criticizing his opponents who blew huge leads at crucial times.
Make no mistake, to meet that many players on a way to a final who caved in is thankfully a rare thing, and I saw nothing from durrant to suggest he would fare any better than Bunting has.
Factor in durrants age, and how he clearly shows the pressure he is under I dont see him as a top player. He luckily got a tourcard, lost to Alan Tabern,yesterday and failed to be a woeful chizzy averaging 88.
That said he might be a better stage player, but on the floor he looks like he will struggle.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Love it.

On the floor it looks like he will struggle. :DDD:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm Love it.

On the floor it looks like he will struggle. :DDD:

This is priceless from our ‘poster formally known as...’ friend tonight, comedy gold :DDD:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

waddle147 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Well played :DDD:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

BlueSpark wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:28 pm
Never mind.

Upset??
Er, no.
Luckily not.

Wish you and wife well.