Players Championship Tour 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Players Championship Tour 2019

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm Love it.

On the floor it looks like he will struggle. :DDD:

Here are some facts not in dispute

He lost 4 games on the floor in q-school to poor players like vince Tipple and needed league position to earn a card.
Lost to Alan Tabern yesterday on the floor

Jamie Caven WON back to back pc titles and he is now chucking averages in the 70s on his way to the bdo.
Bunting won a title when he first switched and look how he fared, and I think bunting is vastly superior to durrant.

When Durrant is playing for a living day in and day out on the floor he wont find it that easy when he is picking up a lot of defeats and his confidence is truly tested. He is a good player but absolutely no where near as good as some would have you believe.

how are the former bdo #1 s doing like Wilson. Kellet, Farmer ?
How are those lakeside winners like kist, webster, klaasen etc doing ? :grin:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Hi Glen, glad it went well today.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

devosteve wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:19 pm Well done to Glen. Could have been doing this 2yr ago if it wasn't for the bdo, threatening to withhold prize fund.

out of interest it seems some folk think that this comp is the gsod, that Glen is playing as a bdo player. I thought the thread title may have been a clue.
Kiss the ring lad
UKDA 4 Life
Richardwatson
Brass Darts

Post by Richardwatson »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:50 pm
waddle147 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:37 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:15 pm Has anyone ever got to a players champ final against so many chokers. ?

Razma chokes when he was well on top
Thornton 4-1 and should have been 5-1 up and bottles it.
Hendo misses multiple darts to go 5-1 up and chokes
He then play a proven choker in Cullen who last week lost 10 legs out of 12 to Wade...no surprise Cullen bottled it
Chizzy who has never in his entire life won a major title hits an 88 average and misses match darts and still wins.

People heralded Bunting as a top player because he won an event, and where is bunting now ?
Durrant could only beat what was in front of him, but other than Peter Wright, durrant beat no one who is decent, even Robert Thornton is a shell of the player he was.Hendo, Cullen, and Madars showed why they will never win anything of note.

As for Chizzy, he too was lucky and nearly blew it, like Wade did when he missed 5 match darts against Chizzy.
When Durrant is scraping lucky wins against fodder players it does not look encouraging....remember Jamie Caven won back to back players champs...and where is he
Agree with all of this. It's like that time you said Wade was a complete jobber and he'd never win a title again, and he won the next two TV tournaments after lads missed multiple match darts against him. Pure genius.
What part of my post is wrong ?
Bunting was heralded by people on here when he won a UK Open qualifier, one person claimed there was only 2 players better, and others even agreed.
Years on, and where is Bunting...well outside the top 16, and he even contemplated retiring from the game TWICE.

Another fact, Chizzy has never won a major, and averaged 88 and still won.
Another fact is joe Cullen is over rated and did indeed lose 10 of his last 12 legs to wade last week.
Thornton is in a slump no matter how you spin it and blew a huge lead and was given the chances and failed to take them.
Hendo was given multiple chances and failed to take them as did Razma.

I did not knock Durrant, as said you can only beat what is in front of you, I was criticizing his opponents who blew huge leads at crucial times.
Make no mistake, to meet that many players on a way to a final who caved in is thankfully a rare thing, and I saw nothing from durrant to suggest he would fare any better than Bunting has.
Factor in durrants age, and how he clearly shows the pressure he is under I dont see him as a top player. He luckily got a tourcard, lost to Alan Tabern,yesterday and failed to be a woeful chizzy averaging 88.
That said he might be a better stage player, but on the floor he looks like he will struggle.
Bunting isn't well outside the top 16 He s 17th in the OOM and only by 25 K
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

phil davies wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:17 pm Good start for Durrant will likely need to win an event if he going to be able to get into the Matchplay this year but we shall see. Hopefully he does as it would be good to see him their.

Also good start to the year for Clayton played well both days and like I said really isn’t defending much this year so should easily be top 12 after the worlds likely even top 10. Chizzy is an odd players these days doesn’t seem to play as well as he used to very often but still has a lot of deep runs on the floor.

I think making the Euro tour and having runs there key if get to that final it 10k
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:15 pm Has anyone ever got to a players champ final against so many chokers. ?

He then play a proven choker in Cullen who last week lost 10 legs out of 12 to Wade...no surprise Cullen bottled it
Chizzy who has never in his entire life won a major title hits an 88 average and misses match darts and still wins.

People heralded Bunting as a top player because he won an event, and where is bunting now ?
Durrant could only beat what was in front of him, but other than Peter Wright, durrant beat no one who is decent, even Robert Thornton is a shell of the player he was.Hendo, Cullen, and Madars showed why they will never win anything of note.

As for Chizzy, he too was lucky and nearly blew it, like Wade did when he missed 5 match darts against Chizzy.
When Durrant is scraping lucky wins against fodder players it does not look encouraging....remember Jamie Caven won back to back players champs...and where is he
Agree with all of this. It's like that time you said Wade was a complete jobber and he'd never win a title again, and he won the next two TV tournaments after lads missed multiple match darts against him. Pure genius.
Bunting was heralded by people on here when he won a UK Open qualifier, one person claimed there was only 2 players better, and others even agreed.
Years on, and where is Bunting...well outside the top 16, and he even contemplated retiring from the game TWICE.

Another fact is joe Cullen is over rated and did indeed lose 10 of his last 12 legs to wade last week.
Thornton is in a slump no matter how you spin it and blew a huge lead and was given the chances and failed to take them.

I did not knock Durrant, as said you can only beat what is in front of you, I was criticizing his opponents who blew huge leads at crucial times.
Make no mistake, to meet that many players on a way to a final who caved in is thankfully a rare thing, and I saw nothing from durrant to suggest he would fare any better than Bunting has.
Factor in durrants age, and how he clearly shows the pressure he is under I dont see him as a top player. He luckily got a tourcard, lost to Alan Tabern,yesterday and failed to be a woeful chizzy averaging 88.
That said he might be a better stage player, but on the floor he looks like he will struggle.
So you're saying that the PDC is full of job bers?
Last edited by Moongoose McQueeen on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UKDA 4 Life
Little Lonely Garry
International

he is still outside the top 16, and on current form I expect that 25k gap to increase

he contemplated retiring twice, and is not and never was a player where "there is only 2 players in the world better than him".

but feel free to ignore this like others because of who typed it, as it might not suit your agenda.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Little Lonely Garry
International

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:25 pm

So you're saying that the PDC is full of Superior Men's?
yes, the pdc does indeed have superior men in it :DDD:
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

I expect Durrant will do no better than Bunting did when he switched, currently all the hype is about will he cut it with the PDC elite, personally i doubt it today he beat Wright both averages below par and i know averages don't win matches, lets see how this pans out over the coming months but im not expecting him doing any damage in the PDC.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Darts players come back shocker and show fighting spirit.

Durrant beat two top 16 players. Not bad for an UNRANKED player. He is getting to grips on this tour, You slagged him off when he lost to the likes of tipple but when he beating Cullen, Henderson & Wright after going behind you still slag him of

Bunting is 17th in the rankings and has struggled for consistancy

Devosteve now one is saying he is a BDO player you silly boy
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:19 am
DavidB wrote:No no no, Ginge says it isn’t so he must be right... :grin:
Erm, I am.

It's been this rule for at least 2 years already. Players and their national orgs get no say in selection.

Apart from MvG, of course.
Little Lonely Garry
International

foggy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:31 pm I expect Durrant will do no better than Bunting did when he switched, currently all the hype is about will he cut it with the PDC elite, personally i doubt it today he beat Wright both averages below par and i know averages don't win matches, lets see how this pans out over the coming months but im not expecting him doing any damage in the PDC.
agree with that
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

foggy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:31 pm I expect Durrant will do no better than Bunting did when he switched, currently all the hype is about will he cut it with the PDC elite, personally i doubt it today he beat Wright both averages below par and i know averages don't win matches, lets see how this pans out over the coming months but im not expecting him doing any damage in the PDC.

FFS. Durrant cant win can he
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:20 pm bye bye scott baker.

lennon beats him
Willie o connor beats bunting....lol
But, but, but he "strolled" through the field of fellow PDC players yesterday.........
Little Lonely Garry
International

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:20 pm bye bye scott baker.

lennon beats him
Willie o connor beats bunting....lol
But, but, but he "strolled" through the field of fellow PDC players yesterday.........
toyboards ?

oh wait....both played on the same board
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:26 pm Duzza in the final.

You can all suck our BDO dicks!
Durrant is a PDC player, mate.

He should be dead to you.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Chillireyes wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:03 pm I marked the chizzy 9 darter
Good job they use those electronic tablets for marking now, because you can't count chickens.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

devosteve wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:19 pm Well done to Glen. Could have been doing this 2yr ago if it wasn't for the bdo, threatening to withhold prize fund.

out of interest it seems some folk think that this comp is the gsod, that Glen is playing as a bdo player. I thought the thread title may have been a clue.
No, no, no! Duzza is BDO 4 life. Or something.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

The tears are delicious
UKDA 4 Life
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:
So the pro tour oom for majors starts fresh in January?