BDO getting daily coverage in the metro

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: BDO getting daily coverage in the metro

Post by Deleted User »

Chambord wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:26 pm "However, Jacklin says that some huge announcements are coming that will ‘shock’ darts fans"

The announcements of announcements will be back !!
And when we'll hear the sums it will make us FLIP !!!
Free hot dogs?
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Des is BDO's leader, let that sink in...

Good luck "BDO".
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Getting recycled now.
https://dartsnews.com/jacklin-bdo-rival ... eme=active

BDO chairman Des Jacklin firmly believes that the organisation can rival the PDC in the coming years.
Jacklin made headlines when he allowed Lakeside competitors to attend Q-School and PDC Challenge Tour players to compete on the BDO circuit, bridging the gap between the two previously disparate organisations. Yet plans to merge the two couldn’t be further from his mind. In fact, he is determined to foster a genuine rivalry between the codes.

“There was a time that nobody wanted to know the PDC, it was only 20 years ago, and the BDO was everything,” Jacklin told the Metro.

“I don’t want that to happen again, I want us to have an equal footing, I want it to be 50% BDO and 50% PDC.

“That keeps you on your toes, that gets a rivalry going, and at the minute there is no rivalry, we’ve been grounded.”

There have been doubts about the BDO’s ability to grow for a number of years. It has led to dwindling attendances and difficulties attracting sponsors, venues or TV deals. Jacklin secured Eurosport and Quest as Lakeside broadcasts in a largely successful move. Now he is confident that the BDO is on the way up.

“We’ve not announced yet the venue for the World Championship, the World Masters, the World Darts Trophy. We’ve not announced the title sponsor for the World Masters and World Championship. And we have several, whereas we didn’t before.

“We have a clothing manufacturer, a company who have approached me and asked if they can sponsor the BDO. This isn’t just a one event issue; they want to sponsor the BDO. I don’t believe the BDO have ever had that.

“I believe in the next four to five weeks, the announcements will shock a lot of people.

“But people will not have to ask anymore what direction the BDO is going anymore.”
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Dartsnews recycling old hat, there
Desperate stuff.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 pm Dartsnews recycling old hat, there
Desperate stuff.
Do you mean the recycling of material as desperate or Des's claims/statements of intent ?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

el_ringo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:28 pm
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 pm Dartsnews recycling old hat, there
Desperate stuff.
Do you mean the recycling of material as desperate or Des's claims/statements of intent ?
Indeed :grin:
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 pm Getting recycled now.

“There was a time that nobody wanted to know the PDC, it was only 20 years ago, and the BDO was everything,” Jacklin told the Metro.
Not really true. The PDC had Sky from the beginning and Hearn who was a promoter of sport involved. Yes it was small and took a while to take ground but people wanted to know it.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

The Jolly Man wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:53 pm
ChrisW wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 pm Getting recycled now.

Not really true. The PDC had Sky from the beginning and Hearn who was a promoter of sport involved. Yes it was small and took a while to take ground but people wanted to know it.
Even if that was true and people did not care for the PDC...which is utter rubbish anyway, what does that say about the BDO that the PDC that no one cared about could grow to the juggernaut it is while the bdo went backwards.

Des is basically admitting the BDO was left behind due to their own lack of ability, clueless management, backward thinking, and its failure to progress.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I can't make des out sometimes.

Reading that above he is either deluded and waffling, sincere but naive, down right cracked or actually the best thing to happen in bdo land for years

Which is it? Surely he doesn't believe it's going to be 50 /50. But these sponsors: I can't see him making that up.

Anyway TV figures dropped and lakeside attendance as well (?). Plus the 3 yr contracts.

lakeside isn't the key though, or necessarily the masters. It is what happens with the wdt. Improve that re crowd, atmosphere etc and then maybe des won't be a one trick pony.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:03 pm I can't make des out sometimes.

Reading that above he is either deluded and waffling, sincere but naive, down right cracked or actually the best thing to happen in bdo land for years

Which is it? Surely he doesn't believe it's going to be 50 /50. But these sponsors: I can't see him making that up.

Anyway TV figures dropped and lakeside attendance as well (?). Plus the 3 yr contracts.

lakeside isn't the key though, or necessarily the masters. It is what happens with the wdt. Improve that re crowd, atmosphere etc and then maybe des won't be a one trick pony.
Yes yes but back on topic what do you think about the BDO getting regular features in the Metro. Post lakeside.
Dutch Open, Youth talent Leighton etc.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

It's a good thing Chris. Better than bring ignored or mocked by the press.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.