COLUMN: The PDC’s idea for a Gary Anderson replacement is better than its execution

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

COLUMN: The PDC’s idea for a Gary Anderson replacement is better than its execution

Post by PVDarts501 »

The decision from the PDC to replace Gary Anderson with nine different players in the Premier League Darts has created a social media storm.
Darts followers, fans and even players were blown away by the shock announcement.

I wrote a column about it, do you agree or disagree with it?

https://dartsnews.com/column-the-pdcs-i ... execution/
nikkiboy
International

Re: COLUMN: The PDC’s idea for a Gary Anderson replacement is better than its execution

Post by nikkiboy »

PVDarts501 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:31 am The decision from the PDC to replace Gary Anderson with nine different players in the Premier League Darts has created a social media storm.
Darts followers, fans and even players were blown away by the shock announcement.

I wrote a column about it, do you agree or disagree with it?

https://dartsnews.com/column-the-pdcs-i ... execution/
I would have been tempted to invite just one player myself but I see the idea. It may have been better to have increased it to twelve with the same three in rather than this but hey ho it's certainly different.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
County Player

Re: COLUMN: The PDC’s idea for a Gary Anderson replacement is better than its execution

Post by 1205 »

What's the TL;DR on it?
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Isn’t this just an admittance from the PDC that the format is getting a bit stale? Because if it wasn’t they wouldn’t have been doing this.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Dannyboy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:41 pm Isn’t this just an admittance from the PDC that the format is getting a bit stale? Because if it wasn’t they wouldn’t have been doing this.
No. If it's anything, it's an admission. ;)

They had an injured Anderson, and probably looked down the OOM and saw:

Whitlock
White
Chisnall
Webster

and thought, no, they need to do something different.
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

1205 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:31 pm
Dannyboy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:41 pm Isn’t this just an admittance from the PDC that the format is getting a bit stale? Because if it wasn’t they wouldn’t have been doing this.
No. If it's anything, it's an admission. ;)

They had an injured Anderson, and probably looked down the OOM and saw:

Whitlock
White
Chisnall
Webster

and thought, no, they need to do something different.
Darren deserves to be in the pl more than any of the 9 picked for the one off matches.