Scottish Open 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Addicks Fan
County Player

Scottish Open 2019

Post by Addicks Fan »

See below for entries so far for the singles events. Those registered include Jamie Caven, Leighton Bennett, Andy Hamilton, Cody Harris, Cameron Menzies, Wes Newton, Diogo Portela, as well as most of the usual BDO travellers and a sizeable contingent from Iceland!

768 entries for the men so far, 121 for the Ladies.

Caven, Harris and Portela are also playing the Isle of Man festival. This forum's biggest Caven fan will no doubt be watching with interest!

http://www.sdadarts.com/Menssingles.pdf

http://www.sdadarts.com/Womensingles.pdf
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Re: Scottish Open 2019

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Probably the closest thing to a local BDO event for the Icelandic players!
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Good to see some of the lads who just missed out on a tour card getting active. It looks like players such as Cammie, Portela and Harris won't be able to play much of the PDC tour this year, so I'd like it if they did a Hamilton/Newton and tried to make it to the BDO Worlds (if they don't make Ally Pally) although that would take a fair bit of commitment. While they're no great shakes, they have more about them at this stage than the likes of Hamilton and Newton who could hardly win a game in the PDC by that stage and bombed at Lakeside
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

So Caven going for Lakeside/O2side.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

fancy newton to have a decent bash here hes qualified for the uk open other week that will have given him a lift & he needed that boost after the lakeside disaster
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

see Brian woods is down to play to !!!
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

phil davies wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:49 am
ChrisW wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:43 am So Caven going for Lakeside/O2side.
The way he’s been playing he won’t be good enough to qualify for it. But we shall see I guess. Is Waites down? Or has he simple decided to give up the BDO tour.
Nah, Waites isn't down for it. He doesn't like floor tournaments it seems so I guess we might see him sit out most of the campaign until January (for which he's already qualified). As for Jabba, yes he's absolutely shot to pieces, but so were Newton and Hamilton and they scraped into Lakeside. Not sure how good Caven is in comparison to them, but if anything it should be even easier to make the Worlds in January this time around
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The way he’s been playing he won’t be good enough to qualify for it. But we shall see I guess. Is Waites down? Or has he simple decided to give up the BDO tour.
Hes been doing the least amount of floor tournaments possible for the last few years.

Can see him just doing Challenge tour, Euro tour qualifiers (if challenge tour players can), WDT, Masters and then whereverside.
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:25 am
Hes been doing the least amount of floor tournaments possible for the last few years.

Can see him just doing Challenge tour, Euro tour qualifiers (if challenge tour players can), WDT, Masters and then whereverside.
He's way down the Challenge Tour Order of Merit at the moment so he can't enter ETQ 1-6 even if British/Irish Challenge Tour players can take part
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Yeah, Waites didn't enter the Scottish Open last year. He has entered the Slovak Open and Slovak Masters in a couple of weeks, the Slovak Open was his only tour win last year. He will need to keep an eye on his ranking to qualify for the World Trophy.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

So Zapps email begging all challenge Tour players to not play on the bdo circuit “it will poison your beautiful minds” as failed

Shame
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
mrsj180
Brass Darts

Post by mrsj180 »

Been to this the past few years and there always seems to be a big group of Icelandic lads, had a drink with a few of them the first year turned out to be a really good night! not going this year as not a big fan of the venue.
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

phil davies wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 pm
Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 am
Nah, Waites isn't down for it. He doesn't like floor tournaments it seems so I guess we might see him sit out most of the campaign until January (for which he's already qualified). As for Jabba, yes he's absolutely shot to pieces, but so were Newton and Hamilton and they scraped into Lakeside. Not sure how good Caven is in comparison to them, but if anything it should be even easier to make the Worlds in January this time around
Caveman has being much much worse than Hamilton ever has been in the PDC tour. Not sure about Newton as he was also dire when he lost his card but I don’t think quite as bad as Caven.
Hamilton won £11,500 in his final year on the ProTour (which I must admit is more than I thought, though with just the 16 ProTour qualifiers for the Worlds I guess it seemed worse than it would do now). Newton won £6,250 that same year, compared with £8,000 for Caven last year, so Caven is in the same ballpark as both of them. With a few big names from last year missing (as well as starting in the BDO earlier, IIRC Hamilton and Newton started midway through the season), Caven should make the BDO Worlds if he's that way inclined
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:33 pm So Zapps email begging all challenge Tour players to not play on the bdo circuit “it will poison your beautiful minds” as failed

Shame
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

phil davies wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:10 pm
Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Caveman has being much much worse than Hamilton ever has been in the PDC tour. Not sure about Newton as he was also dire when he lost his card but I don’t think quite as bad as Caven.
Hamilton won £11,500 in his final year on the ProTour (which I must admit is more than I thought, though with just the 16 ProTour qualifiers for the Worlds I guess it seemed worse than it would do now). Newton won £6,250 that same year, compared with £8,000 for Caven last year, so Caven is in the same ballpark as both of them. With a few big names from last year missing (as well as starting in the BDO earlier, IIRC Hamilton and Newton started midway through the season), Caven should make the BDO Worlds if he's that way inclined
His average were dire last year and at q school though so I honestly can’t see him doing that well in the BDO but we shall see. Hamilton’s averages were always still decent enough (Lakeside apart) Newton seemed to drop of a cliff similar to Caven but achieved much more than Caven ever has in the game of darts so we shall see if he can replicate Newton but I’m doubtful.
Both Newton and Hamilton were just as bad as Caven in their last years pdc. So I cannot really see the difference.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Summing up Jamie Caven at the moment:
Q School 3: 79.9, 1 match
Q School 4: 73.7, 2 matches
Challenge Tour 3: 74.9, 2 matches
Challenge Tour 4: 74.7, 1 match
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

phil davies wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:10 pm
Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:12 pm

His average were dire last year and at q school though so I honestly can’t see him doing that well in the BDO but we shall see. Hamilton’s averages were always still decent enough (Lakeside apart) Newton seemed to drop of a cliff similar to Caven but achieved much more than Caven ever has in the game of darts so we shall see if he can replicate Newton but I’m doubtful.
Well, looks like a gentle average in the mid-80s for him last year, which in itself would probably be what the Lakeside also-rans would have been averaging to be fair. His form in 2018 is concerning, depends on whether that's a sign of things to come or whether he can bounce back to some degree
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Dean Reynolds for the record has hit some averages just as bad, sometimes worse, than Caven, and wasn't he seeded at the Lakeside? Sad how such a promising career seems to be grinding to a shuddering halt, I'd like to predict an upturn in form for him but I can't see it
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Addicks Fan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Yeah, Waites didn't enter the Scottish Open last year. He has entered the Slovak Open and Slovak Masters in a couple of weeks, the Slovak Open was his only tour win last year. He will need to keep an eye on his ranking to qualify for the World Trophy.

Are there still wildcards for the world trophy? You’d think Waites would get one but then again I think he’s had one quarter final in the world trophy since it’s inception and lost first round (albeit a close match) every other time...
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

It's only an exbo anyway, who cares who gets one.
Sorry, wrong thread