6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by devosteve »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:23 am Whilst there's no excuse for him not knowing, I'd be interested to know exactly what he did know about Sportotal, and when.
I saw Pauly was playing the old "numerous contractual breaches which Sportotal could easily take the BDO to court for, if they were so inclined" card on Fanatics yesterday.
As he's clearly now an official Des mouthpiece, this is obviously going to form the basis of the next blame shifting exercise.
So it would be interesting to know if Auntie Sue covered her tracks regarding these breaches (and how well she did so) before scarpering. I'll be honest, I've long since forgotten the full chronology of this pantomime, and can't remember exactly when the rumours of these contract breaches first surfaced.

Is it possible Des knew of Sportotal's involvement, but not how badly Sue had handled everything? (I agree as a board member he should have known, but that's a different argument).
Did he just think he would come in, hand out a few slaps, and Sportotal would go quietly away? Only for Sportotal to turn round, hand him a list of the things they could sue the BDO for, and politely inform him they're in it for the long haul whether he likes it or not.
Good to see you are still reading Paul. Buzz look what you have made Paul post on fanatics!!!!

"As I’ve been labelled as Des’s official mouthpiece I can say 1 thing !!!! ..... that he doesn’t listen to me lol .
Before he sought election he asked me for my opinion of his standing for the role , my reply was “ in Des and Paula’s position i would retire to Spain and chill out “ they have no need to work ( lucky bastards)and the BDO was in such a dire position I think it was impossible to turn around , commercially the brand is toxic , that was Des’s official mouthpieces advise . He didn’t listen and giving the job 100% , shame others with supposedly the best interests of the BDO didn’t follow suit ."
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

:grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

He just cant help himself.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Notice he does not deny it. Just states the obvious - that no one in their right mind would listen to Paul!!!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

As was predicted on here within hours of the Sportotal announcement back in the day, this deal was always about Holland recouping some of the losses of BDO Events. Sue had to sign otherwise I suspect they would have sued the BDO for their losses, or at the very least come up with some significant dirt.
Sportotal have done nothing else with any other sport and apart from the Eurosport deal have nothing to show for the last 3 years of 'working' with the BDO.
Des would would have known all this 100%. But I suspect like most powerhungry idiots thought he could re-negotiate or circumvent the contracts in place. He clearly has a lot in common with Boris.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:04 pm As was predicted on here within hours of the Sportotal announcement back in the day, this deal was always about Holland recouping some of the losses of BDO Events. Sue had to sign otherwise I suspect they would have sued the BDO for their losses, or at the very least come up with some significant dirt.
Sportotal have done nothing else with any other sport and apart from the Eurosport deal have nothing to show for the last 3 years of 'working' with the BDO.
Des would would have known all this 100%. But I suspect like most powerhungry idiots thought he could re-negotiate or circumvent the contracts in place. He clearly has a lot in common with Boris.
Channel 4 deal...

but yes, nothing else to crow about on their website.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:06 pm
Skewball wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:04 pm As was predicted on here within hours of the Sportotal announcement back in the day, this deal was always about Holland recouping some of the losses of BDO Events. Sue had to sign otherwise I suspect they would have sued the BDO for their losses, or at the very least come up with some significant dirt.
Channel 4 deal...

but yes, nothing else to crow about on their website.
No, I'm talking about the multi year deal to cover all of the BDO Commercial interests, the one that has screwed over the BDO ever since. The Ch4 deal was with Sportotal before the multi year commercial contract
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Would this be the same Eurosport deal our favourite lurker was suggesting yesterday has actually cost the BDO money??
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:13 pm Would this be the same Eurosport deal our favourite lurker was suggesting yesterday has actually cost the BDO money??
blimey.
Anyway, I bet it will cost them money if they dont have an event to show on the agreed weekend!!

So, piss away £100k to stage it or lose £??Xk to cancel the event and pay Eurosport damages!!! LOl

Not finding a venue and announcing this event 6 months ago lies 100% at the door of Des. He should have found somewhere (of course he said he already had!!) and then switched the pressure to Sportotal to find a sponsor, which with Eurosport already on board would have been EASY!! (if not hugely lucrative)

There is something else funny going on, and it must lie with Des, With TV in place not announcing a venue and selling tickets at the start of 2019 is just nuts - explain this one Paul without changing the subject!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Let’s hope it’s on. I could do with a laugh
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Every post Paul now writes harks on about the 7 year Sportotal contract meaning no info can ever be given..

Well if such a contract exists then Des will have been well aware of it and surely should have looked into that before he took over and started saying he had plush venues and sponsors all sorted.

A true farce from all parties.. Paul on Des's knee as his little ventriloquist dummy is absolutely hilarious though..
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Vanues are sorted and sponsors are fighting each other to be involved, trust in des
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:24 pm Vanues are sorted and sponsors are fighting each other to be involved, trust in des
Anyone?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Uvavu!
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Can I go for Monday 1st July
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

We already had that joke, mate.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:39 pm
Is there anything Des said to justify this tweet? Just wondering if anyone has actually listened to it. (I clicked on link but you had to register)

I am not on twitter but read this on Dan dawson tweet (guess he is quoting Des):

"The people that was running the BDO before got us into this position and I cannot get us out.
And I'm not 100% sure I would want to get us out, because I think if it's working well, why change something that isn't working?
Unfortunately, it's just not working well at the minute."

It doesn't make sense the above statement. Also Dave Whitcombe doesn't seem too impressed.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:10 pm
Is there anything Des said to justify this tweet?
Erm, Dan listened to it. You can see his thoughts by clicking on that link, a member of Twitter or not.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:14 pm
devosteve wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:10 pm
Is there anything Des said to justify this tweet?
Erm, Dan listened to it. You can see his thoughts by clicking on that link, a member of Twitter or not.
Done that. I thought there were posts/conversations by/with folk that I couldn't read.

Anyway over on fanatics something seems to have happened or is happening behind the scenes in response to this interview. Not a clue what is but Paul did say he doesn't think des would have said what he said if he was doing the interview today.