6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 am Do Des/Paula benefit from helping to run this Cyprus comp, either financially or in kind ( free accomodation etc)?
Is there an issue if they did? Far as I see it, the only two issues are a) constantly using the BDO social media outlets to advertise it, to the detriment of most other events, and b) the fact they are brazenly plugging it whilst all the players only want to know whats happening about a major event 8 and a bit weeks away
Exactly.

Well, other than the fact I'm sure I remember him saying once that they didn't gain from the Turkish one.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

It's got to the stage now its all sad.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:15 pm
Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 am Do Des/Paula benefit from helping to run this Cyprus comp, either financially or in kind ( free accomodation etc)?
Is there an issue if they did? Far as I see it, the only two issues are a) constantly using the BDO social media outlets to advertise it, to the detriment of most other events, and b) the fact they are brazenly plugging it whilst all the players only want to know whats happening about a major event 8 and a bit weeks away
Exactly.

Well, other than the fact I'm sure I remember him saying once that they didn't gain from the Turkish one.

Cant believe that for a minute, but if the organisers cant make it worth their while, whats the point?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

This is way beyond a joke now
This will probably cost the BDO a fortune whether it runs or not. What’s the lesser of two evils.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:25 pm
Cant believe that for a minute, but if the organisers cant make it worth their while, whats the point?
Multi ultra mega millionaires have no need to be on 10% and a free trip for services given in organising it

Like all self made zillionaires we know and play darts with they do it simply for their love of the game and to give you all a good time in an occupied country
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:21 pm This is way beyond a joke now
This will probably cost the BDO a fortune whether it runs or not. What’s the lesser of two evils.
It doesn't matter because the North Cyprus Open is almost fully booked.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Sandman added.
Still some dates up for grabs. Tick tock.

Before end June - BlueSpark
1st July - Wubbalubbadubdub
2nd July - Si Robin
3rd July
4th July
5th July - devosteve
6th July
7th July - Swewball
8th July
9th July - ChrisW
10th July - The Jolly Man
11th July
12th July - Ginge
13th July
14th July
15th July - TheSandman
16th July
17th July
18th July
19th July - Buzzfledder John
20th July - fling
21st July
22nd July
23rd July
24th July
25th July
26th July - nikkiboy
27th July - SAFC
28th July
29th July
30th July
31st July
01st - 04th August - DavidOwen67
5th to 11th August - clemy1989
12-18th August - The Crusader
19-25th August
26th- 29th August
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

All negotiations are being completed by Sportotal.
Latest Press Release on BDO F closed facebook group.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Will be killing him not being able to do a thing about it.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Steve, why did you delete this?

"Have had numerous PMs texts for information on various BDO events , people asking why Des in Marbella with all the uncertainty . I will be honest I have or Deta has been told the WDT has to happen as will the WC and Masters ! Des is resting as all negotiations are being completed by Sportotal , everybodies patience is wearing thin but waste of time messaging me as this is all I know .
If need be Des could be back in a couple of hours and could probably get to London as quickly from Marbella as from Lincolnshire . As soon as anything sorted I will post on here ."
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm Steve, why did you delete this?

"Have had numerous PMs texts for information on various BDO events , people asking why Des in Marbella with all the uncertainty . I will be honest I have or Deta has been told the WDT has to happen as will the WC and Masters ! Des is resting as all negotiations are being completed by Sportotal , everybodies patience is wearing thin but waste of time messaging me as this is all I know .
If need be Des could be back in a couple of hours and could probably get to London as quickly from Marbella as from Lincolnshire . As soon as anything sorted I will post on here ."
I'm sat in a boiling hot car and thought this quote was the one on the sportal thread!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Has anyone contacted Sportotal ? What’s their spin on this?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ILAD wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:42 pm Has anyone contacted Sportotal ? What’s their spin on this?
They are on a four week holiday.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:09 am This article hasnt aged well.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/26/des-jack ... d-8395428/

Just noticed the final bit...
‘The cost involved in playing a BDO event is a lot less than a PDC event, more than double for a PDC event. ‘If a player is a bit flush that month and can afford to travel to a PDC event, stay in a hotel, play the Challenge Tour then great. ‘If the following month they’ve only got £150 in their pocket then they can book into the British Open, or the British Classic, or an England Open, a Belgian Open, wherever. ‘They can play to where their budget lies.’
Costs nothing to get to and stay in Belgium then does it, Des? :roll: :roll: :roll:
But, but, but.... the North Cyprus Open is Mega Cheeeeeapppp!
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

“I can’t believe people are questioning Des being in Marbella”

Is he a holy god or something & can’t be criticised

The fandom is strong & sad
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Between this and the other thread it doesn’t paint Des in a great light. He was on the board of the BDO and either had no interest in understanding the BDO workings to have not bothered looking at what it had in place. Or he was so naive to think he would be able to change what he was aware of.

When does this deal finish with the Sportotal?

If they can’t get a venue and sponsor in place by now they must be struggling to get anything when the new boss of the BDO has stated he has contacts wanting to get involved.

When Paul says it has to happen, why does it have to. At what point can the BDO step in? Just because there is a tv deal with Eurosport doesn’t mean it will still happen. Surely Eurosport would just walk away at a point. At what point do they need schedules etc to be confirmed? How many companies to cover the tv side of things are available?

If Eurosport do walk away where does that put the BDO? the future looks increasingly bleak.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Jolly Man wrote:Between this and the other thread it doesn’t paint Des in a great light. He was on the board of the BDO and either had no interest in understanding the BDO workings to have not bothered looking at what it had in place. Or he was so naive to think he would be able to change what he was aware of.

When does this deal finish with the Sportotal?

If they can’t get a venue and sponsor in place by now they must be struggling to get anything when the new boss of the BDO has stated he has contacts wanting to get involved.

When Paul says it has to happen, why does it have to. At what point can the BDO step in? Just because there is a tv deal with Eurosport doesn’t mean it will still happen. Surely Eurosport would just walk away at a point. At what point do they need schedules etc to be confirmed? How many companies to cover the tv side of things are available?

If Eurosport do walk away where does that put the BDO? the future looks increasingly bleak.
I would imagine it has to happen or Eurosport ask for money back (or it gets taken to court), or something.
Big Jock Knew
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

It's easy this running the BDO lark.. anything goes wrong just throw in the word Sportotal.. not my fault guvnor honest..

Sportotal and its contract whatever it may be was around way before Des took over. He must have known about it way before he took over and way before he started spouting about major sponsors and plush venues.. He's handled his reign appallingly so far regardless of what his mouthpiece Pauly says and his ridiculous disciples on Fanatics say
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

I'd just like to go on record and say we all owe Des an apology.
When he came on here and said he had no interest in running the BDO we all scoffed.

It's becoming more apparent by the day that he was telling the truth.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

There's still the delusion that there's a market for non-PDC televised darts. I know there's a contradiction there with the Eurosport deal, but the glory days aren't coming back, though some still believe that.

Des is getting away with this. Those waiting on confirmation of venues are letting him do so.

Bazza can go on as many holidays as he wants, the dates and venues for PDC events are (pretty much) set I stone. Des should either be saying that they can't confirm anything and explain why, or stop posting about irrelevant events across the globe.