6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Post by Thehateful180 »

It's a shame. If they'd have waited until the month after, psychic Sally would be performing in the other room. It would be fantastic to see the BDO lads involved in that.

The looks on their faces as Sally says "I can see a man holding three darts, his name is...Eric and he says you're all pub players" would be priceless.

How quickly would Martin Adams sprint out of the room if she said "I've got a message from a woman. Her name is...Lorna."?

Heck, get Darty in there so he can explain to Sharky how he ended doublefinish through sheer incompetence.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

I am going to be brave here and predict that 1 of 2 things will happen with tickets

1. 0 nil null niet no tickets are sold for any session or any day.

Des being the astute high powered businessman he is will use this wonderful opportunity that fate has presented to to the BDO and him and seek a positive and making everything as good as a success as can be hoped by giving away every single ticket or having an open door free entry policy.

Every person who comes along will be asked for their name and contact details and a large database of keen live darts attenders will be built up to ensure that the BDO marketing department can for future events target the correct demographic market.

The BDO will also have available a great exhibition / display which highlights all their forth coming events / exhibitions / county games etc in a good clear easily understood easily remembered fashion. Old legends and the BDO household names will be available on this stand to interact with the public , sign autographs , throw a few exhibition games and help with selfies etc. Special attention will be made for any young kids who express an interest in how or where to play darts with an express directive for the BDO to be shown as a presentable alternative to the professional game with an emphasis on the family friendly fun atmosphere for all regardless of gender, ethnicity , religion or sexuality.

The event is a great success and by the final session police have to close the venue early as it is already full up with several 1000 people still queuing in the hope of getting in

or

2. They are £25 quid each with a free beer at the bar and a voucher for £25 quid off entry to the North Cyprus Open for any of the 3 12 hour sessions and as a result at any one session there are more people on stage involved playing than there are watching.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

The Crusader wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:14 pm Glad its sorted tbh, personally I would sell tickets at £5-£10 mark. Give out some to local dart acadamies, local leagues etc.

I would then add that those who purchase tickets via the official ticket seller get £5 off next year's price.

Get bums on seats, no way can you cover the costs this late but you can make a good start on next years event.
They gave away a shedload of freebies to a much better and more accessible venue at Event Ciry in Manchester.

No bugger turned up. (Cue the pic of Wayne Williams with his head in his hands).

There is just no demand for the BDO product from a live audience and you can't magically create it. The "fanatics" are not fanatical in the least and this will be another complete joke when it comes to attendances. End of.
bistochris
Feather Flights

Post by bistochris »

The Crusader wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 pm
ChrisW wrote:
The Crusader wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:14 pm Glad its sorted tbh, personally I would sell tickets at £5-£10 mark. Give out some to local dart acadamies, local leagues etc.

I would then add that those who purchase tickets via the official ticket seller get £5 off next year's price.

Get bums on seats, no way can you cover the costs this late but you can make a good start on next years event.
Free hot dogs?
Nope, was giving serious ideas.

Surely they know this year is a big hit financially, plan next years now. Get people in cheap. Have some fun stuff so youngster's want to go back next year.

We all know the PDC is better quality wise but if my kids were young I wouldn't consider taking them to a PDC event, a friendly open BDO one with fun activities could well draw them in for years to come.
This.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Was expecting my name up in lights

Glitz and glamour and the rest

Slaps will be dished out accordingly to all those against me winning!
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 am

They gave away a shedload of freebies to a much better and more accessible venue at Event Ciry in Manchester.

No bugger turned up. (Cue the pic of Wayne Williams with his head in his hands).

There is just no demand for the BDO product from a live audience and you can't magically create it. The "fanatics" are not fanatical in the least and this will be another complete joke when it comes to attendances. End of.
I think you'll be surprised at how many will attend from the local area, just for the hell of it.
They need to get in touch with Radio Lancashire(based round the corner from KGH) as soon as possible and get a few interviews and publicity on there.
bistochris
Feather Flights

Post by bistochris »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:57 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 am

I think you'll be surprised at how many will attend from the local area, just for the hell of it.
They need to get in touch with Radio Lancashire(based round the corner from KGH) as soon as possible and get a few interviews and publicity on there.
They should at least try. What is the point of just rolling over and dying. Did the PDC do that when they couldn't draw a crowd in the early days? No is the answer to that question.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

No no no no apparently Blackburn is full of people who will go unlike a larger settlement 10 miles up the road in the same county who had two more weeks notice outside of the summer holidays!

Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Tickets not actually in sale yet. This might be even later than Sue now!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:Tickets not actually in sale yet. This might be even later than Sue now!
Friday would match it.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

TheSandman wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:33 am Was expecting my name up in lights

Glitz and glamour and the rest

Slaps will be dished out accordingly to all those against me winning!
Official winner of the sweep.

TheSandman
bistochris
Feather Flights

Post by bistochris »

Let's be honest. They could sell a lot of tickets to this if they played their cards right, but they haven't got the time or brains to do so. The BDO product is not really the problem. It's those running it.

Posters in this thread have come up with some great ideas. The board won't listen to us though, it will be same old same old.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

bistochris wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:18 am Let's be honest. They could sell a lot of tickets to this if they played their cards right, but they haven't got the time or brains to do so. The BDO product is not really the problem. It's those running it.

Posters in this thread have come up with some great ideas. The board won't listen to us though, it will be same old same old.
Is the correct answer.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:56 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:44 pm .Image
When he says it's not like him to post like this, is he referring to the better than usual levels of literacy, of the lack of threats towards anyone disagreeing with him?
He is going to put the event in a what now?
Big Jock Knew
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

I'm glad this event isn't on. Des must look like a right wally.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 am
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:56 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:44 pm .Image
When he says it's not like him to post like this, is he referring to the better than usual levels of literacy, of the lack of threats towards anyone disagreeing with him?
He is going to put the event in a what now?
I never said it was perfect, just better than his usual efforts.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wonder if it will be a Chester draw?
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Some people on here have come up with some great initiatives to at least try to get this event marketed properly, and it would be nice to think the BDO would give some of them a go.

However I reckon the idea Des will go for to ensure this event is a roaring success, and the first step on the road to world domination, will be a big poster featuring himself in his shiny suit and a rather bemused looking L-Style executive.
Last edited by Buzz Fledderjohn on Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:20 am Wonder if it will be a Chester draw?
Very good.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

No mention in todays local paper or Radio Lancashire this morning. Though there is mention of another new hotel which is 5 mins from the venue for next year :)

What was the ticket count for Preston, last year Ginge?