6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Post by Skewball »

To move it from Lakeside at this stage in the BDO's life would be a stupid move, lots of people in the game seem to want it to move but therein lies madness. Commercial suicide in my opinion.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:52 am I'll have a wager that it won't be as full as this.

Is that the hall? looks good on TV fair play.

The press release seems to indicate that it is the venue for all events? If that is the case then I'd start offering a package of tickets which gets you entry for the WDT, Masters and WC for the same price, i.e. a £10 ticket gets you into the WDT plus two free Masters and two free WC sessions, the only stipulation is that you have to confirm/claim your free tickets two weeks before the Masters and WC to give them an idea of numbers and also an opportunity to resell any tickets that will not be taken up. Obviously the free sessions will be certain dates and times and certain seats.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 am

The press release seems to indicate that it is the venue for all events?
Eh? No it doesn't.

As for the rest of that post, a tenner getting people into 5 days of events? You could have given a better example ffs. Base price at Lakeside for a WC session is £20 and thats for a midweek afternoon.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Why in the name of god would they have all 3 events in Blackburn?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Skewball wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:22 am To move it from Lakeside at this stage in the BDO's life would be a stupid move, lots of people in the game seem to want it to move but therein lies madness. Commercial suicide in my opinion.
Correct
Coming in January if it’s on?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:26 am

Eh? No it doesn't.

As for the rest of that post, a tenner getting people into 5 days of events? You could have given a better example ffs. Base price at Lakeside for a WC session is £20 and thats for a midweek afternoon.
Which was empty - better to get bums on seats, better TV atmosphere and money behind the bar than a £20 price tag that will never ever be taken up.

I read the press release wron it seems, thought it said three events not three years doh!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:29 am
Skewball wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:22 am To move it from Lakeside at this stage in the BDO's life would be a stupid move, lots of people in the game seem to want it to move but therein lies madness. Commercial suicide in my opinion.
Correct
If he does he's sitting with Gaydrian and Gazman.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:28 am Why in the name of god would they have all 3 events in Blackburn?
Cant anyway, the BBC Philharmonic are in the big room on the 10th Jan :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:30 am

Eh? No it doesn't.

Which was empty - better to get bums on seats, better TV atmosphere and money behind the bar than a £20 price tag that will never ever be taken up.

I read the press release wron it seems, thought it said three events not three years doh!
Offering people five sessions for a tenner is equally as ludicrous.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:32 am
nikkiboy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:30 am

Eh? No it doesn't.

Offering people five sessions for a tenner is equally as ludicrous.
Why?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Because its underselling it massively. Fine, offer a "season ticket" deal but not 5 sessions of darts for as low as a tenner ffs.

If its that low you are hardly committed to coming back to get your moneys worth.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

BlueSpark wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:29 am
Correct
As always I really am very keen to come, but my holiday entitlement resets on January 1st and I never like taking holiday that early, I always run out as it is! I will try!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh, a titbit of information reaches me that Ricgard Ashowdown is no longer the MC. True or not, I have no idea. Putting it out there for discussion.

Why he would turn down easy money by trying to whip 50 people up into a frenzy every night....
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

My guesses

Masters- Selsey
Worlds- o2 Intego
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:36 am Because its underselling it massively. Fine, offer a "season ticket" deal but not 5 sessions of darts for as low as a tenner ffs.

If its that low you are hardly committed to coming back to get your moneys worth.
So better to have empty sessions in empty halls with no bar sales? Five minutes ago you were all for offering tickets for free, Potter trawled Frimley in January to fill the venue for free but most never arrived until after 9 or 10pm, surely it's better to have a full venue eating and drinking all evening than fixate on the £10 ticket price.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 am Oh, a titbit of information reaches me that Ricgard Ashowdown is no longer the MC. True or not, I have no idea. Putting it out there for discussion.

Why he would turn down easy money by trying to whip 50 people up into a frenzy every night....
PDC beckoning?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:41 am
Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:36 am Because its underselling it massively. Fine, offer a "season ticket" deal but not 5 sessions of darts for as low as a tenner ffs.

So better to have empty sessions in empty halls with no bar sales? Five minutes ago you were all for offering tickets for free, Potter trawled Frimley in January to fill the venue for free but most never arrived until after 9 or 10pm, surely it's better to have a full venue eating and drinking all evening than fixate on the £10 ticket price.
One off tickets for one event being given out for free to build a base - fine. Effectively giving people tickets for £2 each for five sessions covering a period of seven months - lunacy. As said, no commitment to actually go back if its a pain.

Oh and those scrounging freebies are also likely to be scroungers once at the venue, I recall at the Welsh Cinema a table with a load of Asda Biere-de-Luxe bottles on it, hardly think the venue was selling those :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 am Oh, a titbit of information reaches me that Ricgard Ashowdown is no longer the MC. True or not, I have no idea. Putting it out there for discussion.

PDC beckoning?
He works for the PDC anyway, unless Mcdonald is retiring there isnt really an opening to be the "main man".
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:43 am

One off tickets for one event being given out for free to build a base - fine. Effectively giving people tickets for £2 each for five sessions covering a period of seven months - lunacy. As said, no commitment to actually go back if its a pain.

Oh and those scrounging freebies are also likely to be scroungers once at the venue, I recall at the Welsh Cinema a table with a load of Asda Biere-de-Luxe bottles on it, hardly think the venue was selling those :DDD:
Good luck getting those beers past Potter's security :roll:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:53 am
Ginge wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:43 am

Good luck getting those beers past Potter's security :roll:
You assume events are still at Lakeside here of course :WWWW: anyway in your example all three were at the same venue, which they wont be, so your scenario is moot. The idea has merit, just not for as cheap as a tenner for 5 days spread across 6 months.
Big Jock Knew