ChrisW
International

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Post by ChrisW »

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

malcy93 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:37 am Eurosport though don’t care about no crowd watching at the venue.

Most of the snooker tournaments they screen from China have no one there. The promoters price the tickets sky high so the locals can’t afford to go. Is all about the massive TV audience in China.

Those promoters are well prepared with black curtains and rows of empty seats in shot for the TV cameras.
Expect David Owen to ignore this
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

For Ginge.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

malcy93 wrote:Eurosport though don’t care about no crowd watching at the venue.

Most of the snooker tournaments they screen from China have no one there. The promoters price the tickets sky high so the locals can’t afford to go. Is all about the massive TV audience in China.

Those promoters are well prepared with black curtains and rows of empty seats in shot for the TV cameras.
Are you claiming here the BDO are pricing tickets high on purpose so nobody attends? Image

Ridiculous comparison.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge pretending to be thick there.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wot?
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

malcy93 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:37 am Eurosport though don’t care about no crowd watching at the venue.

Not really the same though is it.

Snooker dont have constant shots of the crowd, its a shot of the table and they know a shot of a table has a million people in China watching, the world seniors at Scunthorpe the other year had an average of over 100,000 streams from China.

Darts with rows and rows of empty seats looks awful, look at last year and how much they tried to hide it and Duzza even brought up how bad it was.

Eurosport knows this but I imagine the top and bottom of this is they are paying nothing for 3 days of tv when they dont have anything else to show.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Still all speculation at the moment though isn't it.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:26 am
malcy93 wrote:Eurosport though don’t care about no crowd watching at the venue.

Are you claiming here the BDO are pricing tickets high on purpose so nobody attends? Image

Ridiculous comparison.
HNNNNNNNGGGGGG

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Its a lottery.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 am

Snooker dont have constant shots of the crowd, its a shot of the table and they know a shot of a table has a million people in China watching, the world seniors at Scunthorpe the other year had an average of over 100,000 streams from China.

Darts with rows and rows of empty seats looks awful, look at last year and how much they tried to hide it and Duzza even brought up how bad it was.

Eurosport knows this but I imagine the top and bottom of this is they are paying nothing for 3 days of tv when they dont have anything else to show.
When i tune in to watch the darts.....I want to watch the darts....not a crowd of people, I can see that anytime down town on a Saturday night.... Seems like you quantify a good game of darts by the amount of folk watching.....very sad, stick to the plastic side of darts if that's what turns you on.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Defiantly!!

One of my pet hates that - people not knowing how to spell definitely so being tripped up by auto-correct.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 pmIts a lottery.
:D

Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:03 pm

When i tune in to watch the darts.....I want to watch the darts....not a crowd of people, I can see that anytime down town on a Saturday night.... Seems like you quantify a good game of darts by the amount of folk watching.....very sad, stick to the plastic side of darts if that's what turns you on.....
For someone who claims to have absolutely no interest in the crowd and what is going on away from the stage when the darts is on, you've been known to get awfully worked up about flying pints of piss on a Thursday night.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 pm

For someone who claims to have absolutely no interest in the crowd and what is going on away from the stage when the darts is on, you've been known to get awfully worked up about flying pints of piss on a Thursday night.
That';s because the camera often shows the crowd holding up their silly signs......I don't want to be seeing that. You're the sort of guy who goes to a football match and watches the crowd all night.... the bigger the crowd the better the match eh?
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

trotter01 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 am
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:42 am OMG they were there!!!!!

The Skipjack Tuna Fishcakes in M & S :grin:

No posters outside, not even in the ones that have been empty for the last month.
Maybe the BDO photocopier couldn't produce 5 foot posters..
I haven't seen a 5 foot poster since Rout left....
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:50 pm
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 pm

That';s because the camera often shows the crowd holding up their silly signs......I don't want to be seeing that. You're the sort of guy who goes to a football match and watches the crowd all night.... the bigger the crowd the better the match eh?
The bigger the crowd the better the atmosphere though. When you support a lower league football team and they play someone from a higher league and thus you get a bumper crowd the event is more enjoyable.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:09 pm
trotter01 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 am
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:42 am OMG they were there!!!!!

The Skipjack Tuna Fishcakes in M & S :grin:

No posters outside, not even in the ones that have been empty for the last month.
Maybe the BDO photocopier couldn't produce 5 foot posters..
I haven't seen a 5 foot poster since Rout left....
:DDD: