6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BlueSpark
International

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Post by BlueSpark »

Come on Neil ffs. You have a very well paid job, don’t live with your parents and own your own house, married with three kids and own your own car.
Grow up for goodness sake.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

BlueSpark wrote:Come on Neil ffs. You have a very well paid job, don’t live with your parents and own your own house, married with three kids and own your own car.
ImageImage
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

BlueSpark wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:55 am Come on Neil ffs. You have a very well paid job, don’t live with your parents and own your own house, married with three kids and own your own car.
Haha
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Moving on

Did anyone find it really odd the wild celebrations during the Woman’s final from 2 woman’s dart players who was eliminated

Talk about being in the back pocket
Last edited by oche balboa on Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Think we need a translation on that. Anyone?
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Even after the edit I'm still confused. Why would two people in the crowd celebrating mean someone is in the back pocket?
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I’m going back to bed

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I assume people were celebrating because the dirty stinking foreigner didnt win in the final.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

They were supporting Ashton.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And they hate foreigners. I remember when Suzuki won at Lakeside, the camera cut to a very pissed-off Paula who then suddenly realised the camera was on her and she decided she better start clapping to keep up appearances.
Big Jock Knew
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

maninasuitcase wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:34 am Scott Mitchell.

Hmmmmmm. Something about him I don't like and I can't figure out what it is. He seems a Jekyll & Hyde character to me. I reckon he has a really nasty side to him. Sheer speculation mind you. Come find out he is as nice as John Part!

I hate the way Mitchell waddles around the stage like a fat penguin with a large pebble stuck up its chuff. If he moved any slower he would turn to stone.

And how does he manage to get up into the cab of his "legendary" tractor? Judging by the size of him I would say he would need a block and tackle.
Is it because he is alive?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:16 am And they hate foreigners. I remember when Suzuki won at Lakeside, the camera cut to a very pissed-off Paula who then suddenly realised the camera was on her and she decided she better start clapping to keep up appearances.
I doubt they were supporting Lorraine Winstanley.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

fling wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:40 am

Hmmmmmm. Something about him I don't like and I can't figure out what it is. He seems a Jekyll & Hyde character to me. I reckon he has a really nasty side to him. Sheer speculation mind you. Come find out he is as nice as John Part!

I hate the way Mitchell waddles around the stage like a fat penguin with a large pebble stuck up its chuff. If he moved any slower he would turn to stone.

And how does he manage to get up into the cab of his "legendary" tractor? Judging by the size of him I would say he would need a block and tackle.
:grin:
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:42 am
fling wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:40 am

:grin:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:16 am And they hate foreigners. I remember when Suzuki won at Lakeside, the camera cut to a very pissed-off Paula who then suddenly realised the camera was on her and she decided she better start clapping to keep up appearances.
FFS Ninge, you are basing your bitchy opinion on one person there........ it would be great to have an overseas player win this event. No one supported Barney when he won BDO tournaments then......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:52 am
FFS Ninge, you are basing your bitchy opinion on one person there........ it would be great to have an overseas player win this event. No one supported Barney when he won BDO tournaments then......
Aye but the Brexit vote has happened since then, the world has changed.

Most darts players will look like they will have voted for it, imo. With their own pens.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:54 am

Most darts players will look like they will have voted for it, imo. With their own pens.
Parliament will overthrow Brexit next week so this should not affect it........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:56 am
Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:54 am

Parliament will overthrow Brexit next week so this should not affect it........
Ah is that what's going to happen.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

heres my view went friday not saturday saw some on tv went sunday afternon, overall credit to des & sporttotal for getting this together and for getting a crowd (by whatever means) there is a good story there but not for now, loads better than event city & last year at depreston, this is where the bdo is now smaller venues & the realising that by folk at the top for me is a big plus, having the practise at back of main room was a winner, could wander round at leisure have a gander & chat with players then back to table, the scheduling of the tourney just at end of holidays before schools start back is good a trip to the darts for the kids before back to school & giving tickets to the local junior clubs was also a good idea that i congratulate. this is a good point for bdo the accessabilty of players to crowd none of the us and them attitude, well done to the dutch tv production company from what i saw fleetingly on saturday was good, good on chris mason was happy to walk round (when he could) as were majority of players having photos chatting etc, overall a relative good showing & by having a 3 year home at least should give the tourny the stability it has been lacking
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Definitely an looked better this year but they could do with headlines sponsor so the prize fund get upped might also increase qualifying numbered.
a few years ago it was 78k men’s 22k woman’s in think we a long way off seeing that’s but maybe 50ks men’s 20k woman’s could happen if a sponsor found in next 12 month