6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
maninasuitcase
Brass Darts

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Post by maninasuitcase »

Chris Mason and John Rawling mentioned the Masters being at the Circus Tavern.
$500 a day plus expenses.
maninasuitcase
Brass Darts

Post by maninasuitcase »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:15 pm
maninasuitcase wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:14 pm I better not give my views on O'Brien and get banned already.
Yes, please leave him alone.
Yes, having worked at Plymouth's Devonport Dockyard I get your drift.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Bag Carrier wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:24 am
oche balboa wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:54 am Moving on

Did anyone find it really odd the wild celebrations during the Woman’s final from 2 woman’s dart players who was eliminated

Talk about being in the back pocket
Pretty embarrassing the behaviour of some. It was noted by many others and one of the sponsors who was in the venue.

Same old same old.
I didn't see this specific instance but I have mixed feelings re players supporting other players.

A few years back at Blackpool Tower there was a group of 3 ladies with the newly formed LDO banner in front of their table. The were the ladies running it I think. Anyway when trine came on playing.? (Lady who plays on pdc ) they were up screaming for trine. Totally out of order as they were supposed to be representing all ladies. Anyway Mrs devo and I started supporting the opponent. Wished I had said something now.

Now on Saturday I was sat next to trina's table. When she went to play Paula came to the table to support her and cheer her on. Wasn't to loud but then trina played very bad. In her position (as des' wife) maybe she should be a bit more neutral? I think so from a professional and respectful position.

but if a regular player is watching her friend shouldn't she be able to cheer that friend on? But not ott?

What do folks think?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Someone mentioned Anna being blanked at final walk on. on Saturday I was down the front and to honest Anna was just 'in the zone' and walked down, looking straight ahead. I am not knocking her for that btw.

Trina was the opposite in her walk on. Gave every one a kiss, including myself! I felt for her though. She looked so frail and, imo, did not look well at all.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:36 pm Someone mentioned Anna being blanked at final walk on. on Saturday I was down the front and to honest Anna was just 'in the zone' and walked down, looking straight ahead. I am not knocking her for that btw.

Trina was the opposite in her walk on. Gave every one a kiss, including myself! I felt for her though. She looked so frail and, imo, did not look well at all.
God bless her, just wish I had more on it than I did.
Big Jock Knew
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Whatever the reason for quitting of LR and the rest was, i did'nt like the substitutes.
maninasuitcase
Brass Darts

Post by maninasuitcase »

I am a newbie here and know very little about how Des Jacklin runs the BDO? Does his wife have any official duties? Is she on the payroll?

If the answer is no to those two questions then she, within reason, is surely allowed to do what she wants other than getting pissed up and puking her boots up on Lisa Ashton's elderly mother. I think it would seem fairer if she wound her neck in more and stopped being so vociferous in her support for the likes of 'O'Brien. If it was Tina O'Brien then I could see why.
Last edited by maninasuitcase on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

IS it right that the women ref was only calling womens games?
Big Jock Knew
maninasuitcase
Brass Darts

Post by maninasuitcase »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 pm IS it right that the women ref was only calling womens games?
I think so. I could barely hear what she was saying.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

maninasuitcase wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:40 pm I am a newbie here and know very little about how Des Jacklin runs the BDO? Does his wife have any official duties? Is she on the payroll?

If the answer is no to those two questions then she, within reason, is surely allowed to do what she wants other than getting pissed up and puking her boots up on Lisa Ashton's elderly mother. I think it would seen fairer if she wound her neck in more and stopped being so vociferous in her support for the likes of 'O'Brien. If it was Tina O'Brien then I could see why.
They seem to share the same FB account which, when your husband is the chair, is just stupid. At the weekend it looked like the head of the BDO was on FB trying to find an way of circumventing the broadcast contract he claimed to have negotiated :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

maninasuitcase wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:42 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 pm IS it right that the women ref was only calling womens games?
Well thats sexist in itself. Why do you need to be a man to call a mans game or a woman to call a womans game? The numbers on the board are the same ffs.
Big Jock Knew
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

That's a longwinded way of saying she provided non-legally.
maninasuitcase
Brass Darts

Post by maninasuitcase »

Case wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:40 pm Whatever the reason for quitting of LR and the rest was, i did'nt like the substitutes.
Sorry but I an new here and will take time to get used to initials, etc. To what does LR refer? I presume the refs and MC.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

maninasuitcase wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:43 pm
Case wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:40 pm Whatever the reason for quitting of LR and the rest was, i did'nt like the substitutes.
Sorry but I an new here and will take time to get used to initials, etc. To what does LR refer? I presume the refs and MC.
Little Richard
Big Jock Knew
maninasuitcase
Brass Darts

Post by maninasuitcase »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:42 pm
maninasuitcase wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:42 pm
Well thats sexist in itself. Why do you need to be a man to call a mans game or a woman to call a womans game? The numbers on the board are the same ffs.
And they should have realised I am very hard of hearing! :grin:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

markymark wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:01 pm What's the feeling on showing players in the crowd before they play? I prefer the illusion that they're mentally preparing backstage rather than sat in the audience. Just doesn't look right to me.
The players are all around you there. And it does have a family feeling. Suzuki was sat near me. Kids getting autographs off her (and the other plsyers).

Mrs devo got her picture with her. Really nice lady.

But it was a bit funny seeing her sat there shortly before her game. Got up to practices couple of times.wins the game, gets interviewed then is back on her table reading her text messages.

Got to say if players and their guests were in a vip area, like at Blackpool wintergardens, the crowd would have been at least halved on Saturday afternoon.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Ginge, there's man's game and womans games, look at where it ascended.
maninasuitcase
Brass Darts

Post by maninasuitcase »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:44 pm
maninasuitcase wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:43 pm
Little Richard
Thanks Ginge. Yes, the little fellow was sorely missed. The new chap kept looking at his idiot cards all the time. If LR did it he did it far more discretely.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Technically Paula can behave as she wants. But in her position a more professional approach would reflect better on her and the bdo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Reading on darts news bobby George shedding some light on how LR were treated. And it's not good re the board