6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
devosteve wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:55 pm Why don't people listen hands are tied with some things the sh#t the old regime put in place things take time as for Chizzys manager the BDO didn't want him so that'll never happen all I'm hearing and seeing is NEGATIVITY NEGATIVITY I personally am getting sick and tired of hearing and seeing this if you can do a better job apply for the position yourself the BDO isn't and never will be in the position the PDCs in but it's in a better position ty Han it was a year ago

it didn't go down well. But most folk are wising up that des needs to say something.
What deluded fool wrote that?
How dare patience wears thin 7 weeks before a major event with no venue and sponsor!
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

devosteve wrote:Why don't people listen hands are tied with some things the sh#t the old regime put in place things take time as for Chizzys manager the BDO didn't want him so that'll never happen all I'm hearing and seeing is NEGATIVITY NEGATIVITY I personally am getting sick and tired of hearing and seeing this if you can do a better job apply for the position yourself the BDO isn't and never will be in the position the PDCs in but it's in a better position ty Han it was a year ago

it didn't go down well. But most folk are wising up that des needs to say something.
The spin is starting

“Tried our best, couldn’t do anything but it’s all Wayne sue and sportotals fault so don’t you dare say anything negative about us”
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Des Jacklin was on the board, He knew what the problems were but he still gave that Metro interview
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Will any venues with glitz and glamour still be available 7 weeks beforehand, during prime wedding season?
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Will they change the dates?
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They probably cant, TV company will want something to show on those dates and the contract was signed on that basis.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Let's hope the TV contract didn't specify "must be held at venues with glitz and glamour", or they really are in trouble.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Even crappy WMC function rooms will be booked up with weddings.

Is the Memo Arts Centre available?
Big Jock Knew
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

The WDT the gift that keeps on giving!
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Ginge wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:06 am Even crappy WMC function rooms will be booked up with weddings.

Would you believe that according to the list of events on their website, it is fully available on the dates in question?

I imagine Des would rather scoop his own eyeballs out with a piss-soaked teaspoon than go back to Sue's last-ditch desperation venue though.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:06 am Even crappy WMC function rooms will be booked up with weddings.

Would you believe that according to the list of events on their website, it is fully available on the dates in question?

I imagine Des would rather scoop his own eyeballs out with a piss-soaked teaspoon than go back to Sue's last-ditch desperation venue though.
Not his choice by the looks of it.....
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

They could hold it in a village hall with the amount of fans that will turn up
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Ginge wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:30 am
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

That's a good point, I'd momentarily forgotten that.
Do we know if Sportotal sorted that venue out last time?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 am
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

This is the thing...surely they didnt. They never mentioned it on their website and it was round the corner from Sue's house, so why are they suddenly having to sort it now?

Unless Sue sorting that out herself was one of the 27 "breaches".

Memo Arts Centre was named 44 days before the event (tickets went on sale 2 days later). I believe we are now at 50 days before the 2019 version?
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Ginge wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:36 am
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

This is the thing...surely they didnt. They never mentioned it on their website and it was round the corner from Sue's house, so why are they suddenly having to sort it now?

Memo Arts Centre was named 44 days before the event (tickets went on sale 2 days later). I believe we are now at 50 days before the 2019 version?
I'd always assumed that venue was the result of Sue going rogue and bypassing Sportotal given how local it was to her, but seeing as no-one ever actually owned up to it, I wasn't sure.

If that is one of the 27 breaches, I'd love to have a look at that contract. Sportotal were contractually obliged to find the venue, they didn't bother so Sue sorted it herself at the last minute, and she's the one in breach.
Only she could have signed up to something like that.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:31 am They could hold it in a village hall with the amount of fans that will turn up
If that's the criteria then there's an empty telephone box at the end of the street.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:56 am
BlueSpark wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:31 am They could hold it in a village hall with the amount of fans that will turn up
If that's the criteria then there's an empty telephone box at the end of the street.
Oche is going.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Would you believe that according to the list of events on their website, it is fully available on the dates in question?

I'd always assumed that venue was the result of Sue going rogue and bypassing Sportotal given how local it was to her, but seeing as no-one ever actually owned up to it, I wasn't sure.

If that is one of the 27 breaches, I'd love to have a look at that contract. Sportotal were contractually obliged to find the venue, they didn't bother so Sue sorted it herself at the last minute, and she's the one in breach.
Sue found out they could get the venue for free as it was part of a council project to get local events there, so I imagine she told sportotal and they got it done
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:30 am Not his choice by the looks of it.....

Sue found out they could get the venue for free as it was part of a council project to get local events there, so I imagine she told sportotal and they got it done
Other than the World Darts Trophy being classed as a "local event", that sounds like a reasonable explanation.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 am That's a good point, I'd momentarily forgotten that.

Other than the World Darts Trophy being classed as a "local event", that sounds like a reasonable explanation.
Bdo is registered at a Cardiff address so that helped them