6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Post by devosteve »

601-625

There will be a big push on fanatics etc that will see some (short term) improvement
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

451-475 please
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

craigmc wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:41 pm The Party comes to Blackburn? Who in their right mind would pay to watch that? Don't get me wrong i like a bit of Darts but this will be friends and family and a few zealots. yoghurt yer money up the wall
At least des has realised the pdc need to be followed, imitated. The pathetic 'proper darts ' comment by Sue now laud to rest

hope paddy, oche, moongoose and the rest of the loyal family meets are going to be okay with the final piece of the 'bdo turning into the pdc ' jigsaw being put into place (though prize fund, sponsors, professional leadership, etc need to be copied yet).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

devosteve wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:29 pm
craigmc wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:41 pm The Party comes to Blackburn? Who in their right mind would pay to watch that? Don't get me wrong i like a bit of Darts but this will be friends and family and a few zealots. yoghurt yer money up the wall
At least des has realised the pdc need to be followed, imitated. The pathetic 'proper darts ' comment by Sue now laud to rest

hope paddy, oche, moongoose and the rest of the loyal family meets are going to be okay with the final piece of the 'bdo turning into the pdc ' jigsaw being put into place (though prize fund, sponsors, professional leadership, etc need to be copied yet).
If anyone thinks for one minute that the BDO can ever achieve a tenth of the success the PDC enjoys then they need to go and see a shrink.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

576 - 600 please
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

ILAD wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:34 pm

If anyone thinks for one minute that the BDO can ever achieve a tenth of the success the PDC enjoys then they need to go and see a shrink.
But they don’t need even 10%.

The Premier League crowds are 10k+. For WDT 500 a session which is 5%, would be fantastic. Most here are betting it’s less than 500 in total across all 6 sessions.

People these days to go to live events want to be entertained and have a party. That’s not the atmosphere old school BDO fans want but they’re not turning up just sitting at home moaning. For other “sports” even 2nd tier promoters can draw crowds with the right product. There’s clips on YouTube of British promoted wrestling (as they like calling it it’s sports entertainment). It’s not the Premier League of the WWE (or PDC) but they get a few thousand at events with a rocking party atmosphere crowd.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

malcy93 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:49 pm

The Premier League crowds are 10k+. For WDT 500 a session which is 5%, would be fantastic. Most here are betting it’s less than 500 in total across all 6 sessions.

People these days to go to live events want to be entertained and have a party. That’s not the atmosphere old school BDO fans want but they’re not turning up just sitting at home moaning. For other “sports” even 2nd tier promoters can draw crowds with the right product. There’s clips on YouTube of British promoted wrestling (as they like calling it it’s sports entertainment). It’s not the Premier League of the WWE (or PDC) but they get a few thousand at events with a rocking party atmosphere crowd.
3 out of 6 so far.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

376-400 please
Thinking of one.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:58 pm
malcy93 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:49 pm

3 out of 6 so far.
What about some helpful comments on how the BDO can generate the party atmosphere they promise in their flyer.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

malcy93 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:06 pm What about some helpful comments on how the BDO can generate the party atmosphere they promise in their flyer.
Decent darts matches, booze and good company usually does it.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

A group of us going on the Friday possibly Saturday too if you are around??
UKDA 4 Life
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

If they get a session 200+ in there I be surprised this late tickets going on sale but if they did that won’t look as bad on tv as last year event did

I don’t expect that many Friday afternoon session but on pdc Europe tour is the same it weather the other sell enough
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Bdo website now saying woman prize fund back to last years 13.5k

3000 1500 1000 750 500
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Missed all the fun yesterday. Des seems liable to make' mistakes' when announcing info. Paula must have sorted him out on the sunbed yesterday.

Good news that ticket counting is back on !! I have a mind to email back the woman who told me they would not be sold via the ticket office , but I guess the bdo changed their mind when they realised literally no one would come if they tried to sell them all by themselves, hence the delay until monday.
Which of course also means less time to sell tickets than even Sue managed!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Indeed...Sue had a full 6 weeks to sell the Welsh cinema, only going to be 5.5 weeks here. Shambles.
Big Jock Knew
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:11 pm
malcy93 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:06 pm What about some helpful comments on how the BDO can generate the party atmosphere they promise in their flyer.
Decent darts matches, booze and good company usually does it.
Pints o piss and a Mass brawl?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Never mind emailing King George. What's your guess in the sweep :)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:11 pm Neither mens finalist from last year on the poster. One of them no surprise though...

"on line" :roll:
Big Jock Knew
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

I'm going to be bold and predict the 1000 barrier will be broken - I have faith in my Blackburn based cousins.

1001-1100
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Skewball wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:03 am Missed all the fun yesterday. Des seems liable to make' mistakes' when announcing info. Paula must have sorted him out on the sunbed yesterday.

Good news that ticket counting is back on !! I have a mind to email back the woman who told me they would not be sold via the ticket office , but I guess the bdo changed their mind when they realised literally no one would come if they tried to sell them all by themselves, hence the delay until monday.
Which of course also means less time to sell tickets than even Sue managed!
That's a mental image I could have done without.