6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
malcy93
The Ton Club
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by malcy93 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:15 pm

There’s no snooker on the weekend so Eurosport can’t use that as an excuse.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24994
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by ChrisW » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:40 pm

Tour of Deutschland is on that weekend.
And cheese rolling from Wensleydale.

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2973
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Addicks Fan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:26 am

Ginge wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm
trotter01 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:47 pm
malcy93 wrote:Eurosport do have a lot of other content and only 2 TV channels. May be a problem finding the available time slots especially at weekend. January when Lakeside is on is pretty dead for live sport outside the winter snow events Eurosport show but lots more going on rest of year.

They could be saying only on their Eurosport Player online streaming service which would then make the event dead for sponsorship as viewership on that would be minimal. Think they put some of the minor snooker events on there.
Eurosport have the US Open tennis for a few years still dont they? The WDT clashes with the first week of it.
Tennis starts at 4pm each day.
EURO sport don't have the US Open tennis any more.. That's purely on Amazon
Aha, fair enough. Probably little else on then to clash with it so no reason why they would dump it online only.
I thought the whole point was that the World Trophy and World Masters dates were moved to fit in with Eurosport schedules. The dates are not a problem, just everything else! I reckon it was going to be at Preston Guild Hall until that went tits up. Lakeside is my guess at this short notice

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61086
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:34 am

Addicks Fan wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm
trotter01 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:47 pm
malcy93 wrote:Eurosport do have a lot of other content and only 2 TV channels. May be a problem finding the available time slots especially at weekend. January when Lakeside is on is pretty dead for live sport outside the winter snow events Eurosport show but lots more going on rest of year.

They could be saying only on their Eurosport Player online streaming service which would then make the event dead for sponsorship as viewership on that would be minimal. Think they put some of the minor snooker events on there.
Eurosport have the US Open tennis for a few years still dont they? The WDT clashes with the first week of it.
Tennis starts at 4pm each day.
EURO sport don't have the US Open tennis any more.. That's purely on Amazon
Aha, fair enough. Probably little else on then to clash with it so no reason why they would dump it online only.
I thought the whole point was that the World Trophy and World Masters dates were moved to fit in with Eurosport schedules. The dates are not a problem, just everything else! I reckon it was going to be at Preston Guild Hall until that went tits up. Lakeside is my guess at this short notice
Oche on Twitter suggested that the Guild Hall going tits up was the reason for the delay, for some reason a certain ITV pundit who has also worked on Lakeside found this amusing so maybe its wide of the mark.
Last edited by Ginge on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8810
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by BlueSpark » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:09 am

This will be an unmitigated disaster. Not sure even Lakeside would save it.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61086
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:18 am

BlueSpark wrote:This will be an unmitigated disaster. Not sure even Lakeside would save it.
Well it would have to be available first, August is peak wedding season....

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24994
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by ChrisW » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:22 am

Ginge wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:34 am
Addicks Fan wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm
trotter01 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:47 pm
Eurosport have the US Open tennis for a few years still dont they? The WDT clashes with the first week of it.
Tennis starts at 4pm each day.
EURO sport don't have the US Open tennis any more.. That's purely on Amazon
Aha, fair enough. Probably little else on then to clash with it so no reason why they would dump it online only.
I thought the whole point was that the World Trophy and World Masters dates were moved to fit in with Eurosport schedules. The dates are not a problem, just everything else! I reckon it was going to be at Preston Guild Hall until that went tits up. Lakeside is my guess at this short notice
Oche on Twitter suggested that the Guild Hall going tits up was the reason for the delay, for some reason a certain ITV pundit who has also worked on Lakeside found this amusing so maybe its wide of the mark.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61086
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 am

Aye he bit within a minute to something posted in the Whatsapp group, the silly sausage

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24994
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by ChrisW » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:27 am

Ginge wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 am
Aye he bit within a minute to something posted in the Whatsapp group, the silly sausage
Oh I thought that was about your post above. I don't see the tweet you are talking about.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61086
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:42 am

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 am
Aye he bit within a minute to something posted in the Whatsapp group, the silly sausage
Oh I thought that was about your post above. I don't see the tweet you are talking about.
Hang on ill find it in a minute

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61086
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:44 am

Ginge wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:42 am
ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 am
Aye he bit within a minute to something posted in the Whatsapp group, the silly sausage
Oh I thought that was about your post above. I don't see the tweet you are talking about.
Hang on ill find it in a minute


Either he knows Oche is wide of the mark, or he is just laughing at the whole situation.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8812
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by devosteve » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 am

Don't think mason would laugh at the whole situation with him now doing TV work with the BDO.

He obviously knows Oche is way off the point here. If the venue etc is sorted for the WDT then mason probably knows what's happening. But if stuff is sorted what's with the delay?

I wonder if the 'we saved the event at the last minute' card will be played? Thus if the news isn't great (venue, prize fund, sponsors etc) everyone will be happy because at least its on!
Whip it!

Buzz Fledderjohn
Pub Champion
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:29 am

devosteve wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 am
Don't think mason would laugh at the whole situation with him now doing TV work with the BDO.

He obviously knows Oche is way off the point here. If the venue etc is sorted for the WDT then mason probably knows what's happening. But if stuff is sorted what's with the delay?

I wonder if the 'we saved the event at the last minute' card will be played? Thus if the news isn't great (venue, prize fund, sponsors etc) everyone will be happy because at least its on!
You're probably right, and if the news regarding venue, sponsorship etc isn't great then the "it wasn't going to be on at all, think yourselves lucky you've got this much" card is the obvious one to play.

The problem is, this card has been played before. Multiple times. And this time it will be somewhat at odds with the promises that were made during the election campaign for the BDO leadership.

If it does indeed turn out that "everyone is happy because at least it's on" then they are getting precisely what they deserve.

foggs3355
International
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by foggs3355 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:15 am

I can’t see them selling many tickets it will be like last year 50 to 90 people I be shocked if they over 150 in any session unless they free ones

trotter01
Steady Sixties
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by trotter01 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:22 am

Paula said on fanatics months ago that all dates were set in stone.. Her words.. Because of the Eurosport deal.. So delays can only be venue or sponsorship issues really....

The Jolly Man
County Player
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by The Jolly Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:24 am

Wonder if the international players have booked to get to the uk yet. And if so where in the uk into.

Any news on when the Asian qualifier will be announced?

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61086
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:27 am

The Jolly Man wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:24 am
Wonder if the international players have booked to get to the uk yet. And if so where in the uk into.

Any news on when the Asian qualifier will be announced?
Would be more worried about the fact no UK based qualifier has been sorted yet

only85
Pub Champion
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:36 pm
Location: rzeszow polska

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by only85 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:29 pm

application to go into administration guild hall wednesday

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24994
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by ChrisW » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:45 pm

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... n-16382223

Preston Guild Hall will go into administration, it has been confirmed.

Owner Simon Rigby has announced that his company, Preston Guild Hall Ltd, has applied to the High Court in Manchester to be placed into administration today (June 5).

This come days after the Guild Hall closed its doors - a move that was said to be 'temporary'.

Mr Rigby said: "PGHL has had to be placed in Administration and Licensed Insolvency Practitioner Bev Budsworth of The Business Debt Advisor will be appointed as Administrator with the aim to maximise the return to the company’s secured and unsecured creditors.

“For individuals who have purchased tickets in advance, we will be ensuring that they receive a refund if the show is not available via the new operator”.

“The administration strategy will be to agree terms with a chosen operator who will take over the running of Preston Guild Hall.”

Rigby was in negotiations with VMS Live to take over the running of the building but they were delayed by the death of the owner of the company.

The venue had 20 full time who have since all been laid off.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61086
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:51 pm

Well if it was going to be there, at least Des can blame someone else again now.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”