6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23860
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Paddy McGinty » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:28 am

el_ringo wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 am
devosteve wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:49 pm

And he does say new comps with high incentive sponsorship are sorted. Wonder what these are.
Well one is the brand new Northern Cyprus mega ultra wristband open for sure.

The other i presume is some bell ringing competition he keeps mentioning
I see the hatred is still strong in you......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2357
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by el_ringo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:28 am

I see the hatred is still strong in you......
Wait until you ever meet and have to deal with the JackChins and you will be typing such comments of support with gritted teeth

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29647
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 pm

el_ringo wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:30 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:28 am

I see the hatred is still strong in you......
Wait until you ever meet and have to deal with the JackChins and you will be typing such comments of support with gritted teeth
It's OK, paddy will take his teeth out before he meets them.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8812
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by devosteve » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:54 pm

nikkiboycan handle wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 pm
el_ringo wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:30 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:28 am

I see the hatred is still strong in you......
Wait until you ever meet and have to deal with the JackChins and you will be typing such comments of support with gritted teeth
It's OK, paddy will take his teeth out before he meets them.
Pasddy /smidge can handle himself. He once hit a 170!
Whip it!

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8817
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by BlueSpark » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Paddy is hard as nails, even assaulted me and nicked all my fags
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

Demolition_fan
Brass Darts
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Demolition_fan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:50 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Paddy is hard as nails, even assaulted me and nicked all my fags
Pussy

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23860
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Paddy McGinty » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:12 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Paddy is hard as nails, even assaulted me and nicked all my fags
Ha, it was like trying to get blood out of a stone......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

ILAD
Steady Sixties
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by ILAD » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:50 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Paddy is hard as nails, even assaulted me and nicked all my fags
He is also a massive pdc fan....

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61108
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:37 am

No PDC darts on telly now until the 2nd July, plenty of time for Uncle Des to get a bit of publicity and announce the details.......

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25006
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by ChrisW » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:03 am

Tick tock

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61108
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:05 am

Maybe the bloke from the Metro can run another article.

Handed out for free to boost the figures....but enough about the WDT ticket strategy.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61108
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 am

27th March Metro article

"I've been a bit naive I think, I fully intended everything to be done and dusted by the last week in March. It's pushed me back three or four weeks"

A week is 7 days, yes?

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29647
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by nikkiboy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:44 am

Getting beyond a joke now, for god's sake just announce it or cancel it.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Astonvilla
Superleague Player
Posts: 1440
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Astonvilla » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Maybe he wont bother to announce it publicly this year and just contact the players and crowd one evening by telephone.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61108
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Astonvilla wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:50 pm
Maybe he wont bother to announce it publicly this year and just contact the players and crowd one evening by telephone.


And if its cancelled, the usual procedure is just to tell Darryl Fitton who then can just tell anyone else who matters, before deleting the event from the website and hope nobody notices.

Skewball
International
Posts: 6913
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Skewball » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:12 pm

And to think everyone said Des couldn't be any worse.....

ILAD
Steady Sixties
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by ILAD » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Skewball wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:12 pm
And to think everyone said Des couldn't be any worse.....
Oche for the job. He has the passion, he has the interest of the BDO at heart, he has a loyal following on Twitter, he is Mr BDO. OCHE IS THE FUTURE.

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by 1205 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Ginge wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 am
27th March Metro article

"I've been a bit naive I think, I fully intended everything to be done and dusted by the last week in March. It's pushed me back three or four weeks"

A week is 7 days, yes?
Depends on which planet he's living.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8817
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by BlueSpark » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Hopefully a venue where we can count the tickets sold/blocked out/given away free.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

trotter01
Steady Sixties
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by trotter01 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:57 pm

I think Des thought he'd just Swan in.. Get some venues.. Get some TV.. Get some sponsors... Easy peazy..

I think he's found it a lot harder than he inagined.. Its a tough world out there to provide multi thousand pound prize funds for 3 years on TV with new venues

We'll wait to see what announcements come...nedd to be now though really.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”