Bulls German Open & Masters 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Addicks Fan
County Player

Bulls German Open & Masters 2019

Post by Addicks Fan »

This message has appeared on the BDO website:

http://www.bdodarts.com/index.php/item/ ... nd-masters

Following some recent enquiries, we can confirm that the upcoming Bulls German Open and German Masters in April 2019 will be open to all players, without restriction.

Please note, the event will be live streamed from the start. All entrants must be prepared to play on a live stream from the first round or will be eliminated from the event.

I wonder who's been asking?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Bulls German Open & Masters 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Me thinks bdo players are complaining.

I can see this rule changing quickly now the sole reason they loosened them has happened now
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:59 pm Me thinks bdo players are complaining.

I can see this rule changing quickly now the sole reason they loosened them has happened now
Lot of Dutch always play in this I wonder if they asked.

I very much doubt he will overturn the rule that got him some recognition of changing things for the better so quickly as you think.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:59 pm Me thinks bdo players are complaining.

To me this is German pdc Players asking.

BDO then replying with a your welcome to play but if you do you will appear on a stream and if you refitting play your thrown out of tourney.

It’s clever as it puts it back on the PDC to reiterate tour card holders are banned from playing BDO.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

This tournament weekend takes place at the same time as Players Championships and European Tour qualifiers.

Anyway, the tournament website originally said that tour card holders are still banned. They'd scrubbed that blurb from the tournament rules page while updating it for 2019, but forgot about the main page. (It was removed there as well a few days later.) Was briefly a topic on the German forum a couple of weeks ago, where the discrepancy was pointed out.

Edit: Looking back over the discussion thread, apparently the tournament organizers weren't sure if the "players must be eligible to qualify for World Masters and Lakeside" rule was somehow still in play re: PDC players even after Jacklin rescinded the ban on tour card holders. Maybe that's what was being inquired of the BDO.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

No way will the PDC let Tour card holders play..associates will be able to.play...not much confusion really..