Re: Slovak Darts Masters and Open 2019

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:31 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:31 pm
phil davies wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:18 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:03 pm
trotter01 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 pm

That doesn't reflect too well on the current state of the BDO

Considering the current BDO world champion has already won a PDC event and is currently 2nd on the pro tour rankings suggest the BDO isn’t in a bad as state as you think/wish to think (delete as appropriate)...
He’s not a BDO player anymore though. Nor is their former world number 1. Plus they have lost other highly ranked players like Scott Baker. So obviously it’s in a weaker state than it was last year. Only an idiot or a troll would suggest otherwise.

Still good players in the BDO but the oraganisation is still lacking as is evidence by the fact the full results of these still haven’t been given.

You’re missing the point which is hardly surprising...

The point is there are still some very good players in the BDO, no one is suggesting it’s as strong after the top 2 have gone to the PDC but still some very good players remain. Who would have thought 4 years ago that Duzza would be three time Lakeside champion and then go and win a PDC event?? Also Harms is currently only number 1 by default - whether he can actually prove he’s the number 1 is another story.

Oh and this event isn’t even a BDO run event before you talk without thinking... :WWWW:
BDO ranking points and yet doesn’t even get updates as per usual :WWWW:

Enjoy your trolling tomorrow.

Like usual you have no answer when you’re wrong and resort to name calling, sad.

Enjoy getting more predictions wrong tomorrow :WWWW:
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:26 pm Maria O' Brien having a good clash with Lisa, she really looks to be pushing on with her game. Good crowd in and what looked like a decent day for the "Martin" household.
I got 85.06 average in her win.
Lost with 8 and 40 in 21 and 15 darts, and won in 18, 15, 18, 16 and 19 darts.
(Out by 3, 83.02, out by 6, 81.07)
Seemed to improve by a dart last year. Another step up would have her more regularly mixing it with the top women players.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:18 am
DavidB wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:49 pm
phil davies wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:31 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:31 pm
phil davies wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:18 pm

He’s not a BDO player anymore though. Nor is their former world number 1. Plus they have lost other highly ranked players like Scott Baker. So obviously it’s in a weaker state than it was last year. Only an idiot or a troll would suggest otherwise.

Still good players in the BDO but the oraganisation is still lacking as is evidence by the fact the full results of these still haven’t been given.

You’re missing the point which is hardly surprising...

The point is there are still some very good players in the BDO, no one is suggesting it’s as strong after the top 2 have gone to the PDC but still some very good players remain. Who would have thought 4 years ago that Duzza would be three time Lakeside champion and then go and win a PDC event?? Also Harms is currently only number 1 by default - whether he can actually prove he’s the number 1 is another story.

Oh and this event isn’t even a BDO run event before you talk without thinking... :WWWW:
BDO ranking points and yet doesn’t even get updates as per usual :WWWW:

Enjoy your trolling tomorrow.

Like usual you have no answer when you’re wrong and resort to name calling, sad.

Enjoy getting more predictions wrong tomorrow :WWWW:
Wasn’t wrong but don’t let that get in the way of your trolling.

Goodnight see you chase me around like smiten teenager tomorrow ;-)

See that’s your problem Phil, you make silly comments then when posters here (not just me) bring you up on them (even when it’s friendly banter) you turn into a spoilt person and trade insults and start sulking.

It’s very sad and like you keep saying to another poster, it’s you that has an issue and you need to resolve it...

Remember folks this started because Jamie Lewis was walloped early doors again - one didn’t even mention the posters name and he still started his verbal tirade against me!

No doubt you’ll reply with more hurtful names...
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Slovak organisers have had teething problems.... Ie they are clueless

This isnt BDO's fault
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

It’s not the BDO issue, I read that they were trying to sort it but obviously to no avail

Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

phil davies wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:06 pm
oche balboa wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:52 pm Slovak organisers have had teething problems.... Ie they are clueless

This isnt BDO's fault
Its the same for virtually all their ranking events any cat A in particular should have instant updates but they are always slow as hell and usually the full results dont come out till days later.

Their are good players in the BDO but how anyone can defend how the actual organisation of it and its ranked events is beyond me. They have zero media skills at all.
So according to oche, the BDO decided to award points to a comp run by people who are clueless.

But then say its not the fault of the bdo.

priceless :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

They don’t organise it lol

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:45 pm They don’t organise it lol
I blame the WDF.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:45 pm They don’t organise it lol

No no no, they give it their points so they must run it and be at blame...
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

phil davies wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:36 pm So they just hand points out willy nilly to any two bit organisers (a bit like themselves TBF).

I feel sorry for the BDO players at how inept the BDO are at media work, runnining events, the idiotic points system etc.

Why people like Oche can’t just except that they deserve criticism about such things rather than taking it as some personal insult I do t understand.

Good players in the BDO absolute shambolic organisers and decision makers and don’t blame that on the Slovaks or any other of national orgs as the BDO give them the points. They also run their own events including once proud majors like the Msters absolutely shockingly even had to give free tickets away for their own world champs and don’t even have a venue set for next years yet.
Its the Slovak organisers who are to blame, I criticise the BDO quite often on my Twitter page, But i dont do it willy nilly to fit in with the status quo of the forum.

Slovak organisers control the website yet no updates are on it. How is this the BDO fault?#

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Oche : you criticise the bdo on twitter but are you reluctant to do so on here to maintain a pro bdo presence on here?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:24 pm Looking like Harms will become the #1 in the ranking if he continues like this.

Considering the current BDO world champion has already won a PDC event and is currently 2nd on the pro tour rankings suggest the BDO isn’t in a bad as state as you think/wish to think (delete as appropriate)...
Well Durrant was head and shoulders above other players in the BDO so no surprise to see him do well in the PDC...a class act....Harms on the other hand would make no inroads in the PDC whatsoever , although I do take the BDO rankings with a huge pinch of salt as they are definitely not truly reflective of ability in that system..I do think the strength in depth now in the BDO is at an all time low though..
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

devosteve wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:57 pm Oche : you criticise the bdo on twitter but are you reluctant to do so on here to maintain a pro bdo presence on here?
You do realise that i play a story on here, You dont believe that i think Brett emails all the time do you

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I love the fact Trotter has made a comment about Harms not making it in the PDC based on a few performances at Lakeside

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

trotter01 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:59 pm
ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:24 pm Looking like Harms will become the #1 in the ranking if he continues like this.

Well Durrant was head and shoulders above other players in the BDO so no surprise to see him do well in the PDC...a class act....Harms on the other hand would make no inroads in the PDC whatsoever , although I do take the BDO rankings with a huge pinch of salt as they are definitely not truly reflective of ability in that system..I do think the strength in depth now in the BDO is at an all time low though..
And yet Harms beat Durrant in 3 out of 5 of their last meetings.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Seen some of the complaints on bdof. No tournament director to set the rules, players drinking mid game, players not getting scratched and perhaps the strangest complaint of 2 players having to play again because they cocked the draw up.

Sounds like a complete fek up
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

At least the results are up now lol

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:15 am Seen some of the complaints on bdof. No tournament director to set the rules, players drinking mid game, players not getting scratched and perhaps the strangest complaint of 2 players having to play again because they cocked the draw up.

Sounds like a complete fek up
Leave them alone you nasty man, they are amateurs and dont get paid.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:10 pm
trotter01 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:59 pm

And yet Harms beat Durrant in 3 out of 5 of their last meetings.
:DDD: :DDD: Not a clue.......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Good to see this getting some press coverage.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/24/wesley-h ... s-8726307/

Wesley Harms continued his excellent 2019 form by picking up the Slovak Open title in Samorin on Saturday.

The Dutchman edged out Adam Smith-Neale 6-5 in the final, after winning the Scottish Open title in Renfrew the previous weekend.

‘Sparky’ lived up to the billing of being the new BDO number one and top seed for the event as he picked up his second Category A title of the month.

Harms beat Anoop Ramdajal in the quarter-finals, before seeing off Dutch Open champ Richard Veenstra in the final four. In the women’s singles event, Maria O’Brien triumphed in the final, beating Lisa Ashton 5-3.

It was O’Brien’s first Category A title as she continues to become one of the dominant forces in the women’s game. As well as the CAT A Slovak Open, the Category B Slovak masters was also played on Friday in Samorin.

The husband and wife pair of Tony Martin and Anastasia Dobromyslova took home the singles titles.

Martin saw off Scott Mitchell 6-1 in the men’s final while Anastasia whitewashed Kirsty Hutchinson 5-0.
Last edited by ChrisW on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.