Justtelluswhatthefeckisgoingon July

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Messianic May

Post by Ginge »

BDO reply to the hastily deleted original Tweet :)

Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Drupes 1-0 Oche :D
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Drupes 1-0 Oche :D
Never in doubt on this one.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

devosteve wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:57 pm Someone has posted there must be 4 directors for the meeting to be able to go ahead but there was only 3, but they still made met. Is this true, accurate?
Trying to justify it by saying no decisions were made, just info fed back.

1) The constitution is the constitution

2) From what I gather, very little information was fed back anyway - still nothing on a WDT venue or tickets - Kell supree.
Last edited by Deleted User on Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:52 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:Drupes 1-0 Oche :D
Never in doubt on this one.
Also, there's utterly no satisfaction in outscoring Oche.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Duplicate post :D
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Does the term "due to go ahead " give room for a possible cancellation?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

devosteve wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:37 am Does the term "due to go ahead " give room for a possible cancellation?
It certainly does. "Due to go ahead" is a lot different from "will go ahead".

Although to be fair, that choice of words is probably the best bit of forward planning we've seen from a BDO board in years.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

A reminder of how many tickets they sold prior to the event in 2018, when they had about 2 months to sell and promote them:

Wednesday - 46
Thursday - 42
Friday - 39
Sat afternoon - 24
Sat evening - 56
Sun afternoon - 12
Sun evening - 18
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Bit surprised that Sue's resignation has passed with so little reaction.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 am Bit surprised that Sue's resignation has passed with so little reaction.
Was odd (very) she even reapplied last year, must have been just to spite Des. As for the other one, impression I got was he was very much a "sleeping partner" anyway, as it were.
Big Jock Knew
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

Bradders prefers his partners to be sleeping.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:46 am
ChrisW wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 am Bit surprised that Sue's resignation has passed with so little reaction.
Was odd (very) she even reapplied last year, must have been just to spite Des. As for the other one, impression I got was he was very much a "sleeping partner" anyway, as it were.
Hardly any reaction over on fanatics. Maybe folks don't care anymor ?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wookiee wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:50 am Bradders prefers his partners to be sleeping.
Well yes, but not to the extent they cant enjoy their 16th birthday properly the next day.
Big Jock Knew
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

Ginge wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:52 am
Wookiee wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:50 am Bradders prefers his partners to be sleeping.
Well yes, but not to the extent they cant enjoy their 16th birthday properly the next day.
Obvs! :)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 am
I was talking more about forums. I'd be surprised if there was any reaction to anything over on BDOF.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The BDO holiday Club needs to get rid of the new Problem DES. There is £28.000 in the BDO youth account this was set up a few years ago by Myself Sam Rod and Olly to pay for England Scotland and Wales to go to Europe Cup Youth not for any other use now this man has stoped that Thanks Des"

Seems vic sexton is not happy (from original fanatics)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:09 am
devosteve wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 am
I was talking more about forums. I'd be surprised if there was any reaction to anything over on BDOF.
Well there are 22 comments on real fanatics (4 by me and 1 by ifm lagging me off).

10 on original. But with vic making his point that has got a bit of interest.

Re forums considering how many folk wanted. Sue to go, you are correct:.not created much discussion.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

After a fabulous night of darts at Potters last night, I was excited to buy issue 2 and 3 of Darts Planet TV magazine courtesy of Gavin Rookyard (founder). We had a chat and it seems that although 2 copies were sent to Des, to highlight the BDO features in this magazine, (will post pics in comments) Des did nothing to acknowledge this gesture, not even a thank you or a retweet. We all know the power of social media, an example of this is a local chap to me, known as The Turdinator, was on a mission to try and eradicate dog muck being left on pavements and footpaths, his single tweet was retweeted by Hugh Grant, just 2 words - my hero - which led to local, national and international recognition, albeit 15 minutes of fame, but the Turdinator was invited onto GM TV and also was on The Doctors, aired in the USA... My point being, potential sponsors for our BDO players surely would be interested in any high lights posted in darts magazines so why Des, didn't you acknowledge or retweet to show support? A moment or 2 is all it would take to do, or to delegate.
It's a great glossy magazine, affordable, informative, some great interviews and features little fun quizzes too.. Now it's unlikely that the BDO will feature in this up and coming magazine due to Des' ignorance.
Such a shame.

If anyone knows where I may purchase issue 1 of this magazine could you please let me know. Thank you."

Seems like maddie on original fanatics doesn't like Des but she likes the magazine.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

devosteve wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:10 pm After a fabulous night of darts at Potters last night, I was excited to buy issue 2 and 3 of Darts Planet TV magazine courtesy of Gavin Rookyard (founder). We had a chat and it seems that although 2 copies were sent to Des, to highlight the BDO features in this magazine, (will post pics in comments) Des did nothing to acknowledge this gesture, not even a thank you or a retweet. We all know the power of social media, an example of this is a local chap to me, known as The Turdinator, was on a mission to try and eradicate dog muck being left on pavements and footpaths, his single tweet was retweeted by Hugh Grant, just 2 words - my hero - which led to local, national and international recognition, albeit 15 minutes of fame, but the Turdinator was invited onto GM TV and also was on The Doctors, aired in the USA... My point being, potential sponsors for our BDO players surely would be interested in any high lights posted in darts magazines so why Des, didn't you acknowledge or retweet to show support? A moment or 2 is all it would take to do, or to delegate.
It's a great glossy magazine, affordable, informative, some great interviews and features little fun quizzes too.. Now it's unlikely that the BDO will feature in this up and coming magazine due to Des' ignorance.
Such a shame.

If anyone knows where I may purchase issue 1 of this magazine could you please let me know. Thank you."

Seems like maddie on original fanatics doesn't like Des but she likes the magazine.
Should of put a free ad in it for the tupenny North Cyprus Open it would of got a mention then every day