Re: Bdo winnings

Post by Black Velvet »

:D
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:37 am
Black Velvet wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:36 am Did they specify that it was flights?
"FLIGHTS NOW MOST UNDER £40 RETURN
SOME AIRPORTS UNDER £20 Return"

Formatting hasn't been changed.

Maybe they are saying you could buy an airport for £20, tbf. Or maybe they are just on about flights for darts.
Flights to Aleppo just £8.57 with KGB airlines.....
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
rubyred90
Feather Flights

Post by rubyred90 »

Out of those winnings who do you pay your taxes to?

I mean if I’m Not from uk and win in uk do I pay uk taxman or my place of residence ?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

You think they will all pay tax on their winnings?
No chance :D
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

rubyred90 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:37 pm Out of those winnings who do you pay your taxes to?

I mean if I’m Not from uk and win in uk do I pay uk taxman or my place of residence ?
Does it really matter?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Wasn't it Romania the helpful organisers were deducting the tax before paying out.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:51 pm Wasn't it Romania the helpful organisers were deducting the tax before paying out.
They always have done in Yankland and its always been a bone of contention as it seems its impossible to be able to get OT back !
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:27 am Des and Paula are insistent you can get there for £20 return.

Therefore, if anyone can find a return to Malaga (including all relevant taxes and a checked bag as you cant take darts in the cabin) from any UK airport for less than £20 (in cash, no tricks like using Avios points etc....), to get them to Torromolinos [sic] in time for the event no more than 2 days before, and leaving no more than 2 days afterwards, I will donate £20 to charity.

There is a challenge for you, folks
That's impossible unless you give the Captain your darts to hold......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:27 am Des and Paula are insistent you can get there for £20 return.

Therefore, if anyone can find a return to Malaga (including all relevant taxes and a checked bag as you cant take darts in the cabin) from any UK airport for less than £20 (in cash, no tricks like using Avios points etc....), to get them to Torromolinos [sic] in time for the event no more than 2 days before, and leaving no more than 2 days afterwards, I will donate £20 to charity.

I would wager even without a checked bag you arent going to find any at all for less than £20 return and very few for £40, if any at all.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:19 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:

I would wager even without a checked bag you arent going to find any at all for less than £20 return and very few for £40, if any at all.
Tis true, last time I took that route from Bristol is was between £80~100 return, that's with one checked bag...... still cheap compared to train fares though and you have a chance of joining the mile high club....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
County Player

Post by 1205 »

rubyred90 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:37 pm Out of those winnings who do you pay your taxes to?

Depends on the countries.

I remember a few years ago, some international athletes were complaining about the UK's taxation rules. If they travel to the UK as an athlete, then the UK will demand a outsized chunk of worldwide endorsement/promotional income unless they go to the trouble of keeping detailed training records.

But, the general principle is that you may be expected to pay tax to the country where you earned the money, but if there's a tax agreement you will be able to deduct the taxes paid from the amount you'd be expected to pay here.

(I am not an accountant)
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

el_ringo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:47 pm
rubyred90 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:37 am I’m trying to find out how much the top 16 in the BDO system would earn in a calendar year.
I googled this for you and found the following image below which I believe is correct

:grin:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time