Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Barney's back

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:21 am
JOEY wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:06 am
Ginge wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:42 am
JOEY wrote:
Ginge wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:24 am So you want to see him hoying turds live one more time. Fair enough, everyone has a dream.
Whose your favourite player?
I dont have one really mate. In any case i dont like watching games where one player goes up there and plays utter garbage as happened this week.
Fair enough but the dream as you said isn't to go watch him play shite its for one more time...
Pretty sure Fulham are gonna sell there ground out every week for the rest of the season but why bother eh? There crap and going down

Now I challenge you to stop griping at the guy for the rest of the weekend....
Absolutely not. The man is an embarassment and an adulterer.
Ginges jealousy showing through there........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

From RTL7: (ggogle translated)

Raymond van Barneveld is in his final year as a professional darter. After the World Cup of 2020, the Dutchman will put his arrows away and may then say goodbye officially during a special evening.

"There are plans for that," says Van Barneveld in conversation with Radio 538. "More about that will be announced soon. Tickets will be sold for it, but it seems completely insane."

The evening will probably not take place in 'the home' of Van Barneveld. "No, not in Ahoy, but in the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam I think. That will be in February next year," he says. "Dart players who i have played in finals will come."

Thursday April 4, starting at 7:30 PM, Raymond van Barneveld is in the studio of RTL7 Darts.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 am From RTL7: (ggogle translated)

Raymond van Barneveld is in his final year as a professional darter. After the World Cup of 2020, the Dutchman will put his arrows away and may then say goodbye officially during a special evening.

"There are plans for that," says Van Barneveld in conversation with Radio 538. "More about that will be announced soon. Tickets will be sold for it, but it seems completely insane."

The evening will probably not take place in 'the home' of Van Barneveld. "No, not in Ahoy, but in the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam I think. That will be in February next year," he says. "Dart players who i have played in finals will come."

Thursday April 4, starting at 7:30 PM, Raymond van Barneveld is in the studio of RTL7 Darts.
He obviously needs to some cash to fund the divorce. He should retire gracefully and pack it in now.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

fling wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:08 pm

He obviously needs to some cash to fund the divorce. He should retire gracefully and pack it in now.
He is also hoping that MVG carries the Dutch through to victory at the World Cup, so he can retire a winner. Though with MVG in dodgy form it might end in disaster.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Hij lijkt "geleefd" te worden nu. (not translated by Google, yet)
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:21 pm

He is also hoping that MVG carries the Dutch through to victory at the World Cup, so he can retire a winner. Though with MVG in dodgy form it might end in disaster.
If Uncle Barry crowbars him into the World Cup and MvG tows that barge to the final, that should give him a free ride into the GSoD as well.

Thoroughly undeserving, so he is.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Barney lost me when he told Dutch television of a worldcup with or without him.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Sounds like he doesn't like the idea of Q-School.

I got an undercurrent of "If you want me back, just let me straight back in"
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Well i dont think the PDC do. But there is a lack of a fans favourite really
Last edited by oche balboa on Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

oche balboa wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:06 pm Well i dont think the PDC do. But they is a lack of a fans favourite really
What?
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:56 am
Sounds like he doesn't like the idea of Q-School.

I got an undercurrent of "If you want me back, just let me straight back in"
I can see why Barney is pissed as WST snooker also run by Barry Hearn, gives bonus tour cards to what they call legends. Those who are former World Champions or are seen as marketable as famous names for TV sales or get higher attendance at events.

The likes of Jimmy White and Ken Doherty have these. Ken’s has just been renewed for another two years, helped by being the losing finalist at the recent Seniors World Championship. However, it appears that James Wattana’s wasn’t renewed.

Think these are on top of the 128 tour cards, so may need to play a pre round if all 128 card holders turn up. So alongside invited local players at the overseas events who also play in the pre round with the lowest ranked in OOM tour card holders.

PDC could easily do similar for Barney and others like Taylor and Mardle if they want to play again. Guess the problem for darts is they don’t have all 128 players at the mainstream TV events outside the UK Open they are fewer numbers. So you may need to do a pre round with these guys and lowest ranked pro tour qualifiers before the likes of Matchplay, Grand Prix and WC.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

phil davies wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:27 pm I still think that all previous PDC world champions should get a spot in the worlds if they wish to take them up on it. The field is massive already and it would be easy to remove the PDPA qualifier spots down to just one which is all it should be anyway and their are only 4 currently without a card anyway plus it’s unlikely all of those would take it up.
Priestley - retired - unlikely
Taylor - retired - maybe
Part - very likely
Barney - retired - probably

All the others - Lewis, Gando, MvG, Cross and Wright would all be in on ranking at the moment anyway.

Would be easy to add any or all of those 4 if they wanted to play - don't think it would bring anything new to the table.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Rejoice.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

So Barney says he is going to do QS.. Well I didn't think he would and I'll only believe it when he throws his first dart on day 1... He's probably still good enough to get a card though if his head is right and he's motivated enough
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

He won't get a card as long as Oche eats crayons.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

malcy93 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:20 pm Makes the BBC Sports news
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/54271509
Was headline on the national sport news here.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:57 pm
malcy93 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:20 pm Makes the BBC Sports news
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/54271509
Was headline on the national sport news here.
fabulous
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage: