2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by 1205 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:29 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:11 pm
This has to be the worst tournament in the PDC.
The World Series of Darts has 5 events and then the finals.

So, no, definitely not.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 17814
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by ssjsa » Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm

THE China and United States of America teams for June's BetVictor World Cup of Darts has been confirmed, while Lithuania will replace Switzerland in the 32-nation field for the event.

Following two qualifying events in China, Xiaochen Zong and Qingyu Zhan have been confirmed to represent their country in Hamburg from June 6-9.

Zong, 21, has previously competed last year in the World Cup and also at the World Championship, while 21-year-old Zhan previously competed at the 2017 PDC Unicorn World Youth Championship - losing to eventual winner Dimitri Van den Bergh.

Darin Young and Chuck Puleo will compete for the United States of America in Hamburg, after qualifying as the top two American players on the CDC Order of Merit.

Young, an Event Winner on the latest CDC Tour weekend in Ontario, will extend his ever-present record at the World Cup, while Puleo is making his debut in the event.

Puleo made his TV debut at the World Championship last December, losing to Van den Bergh in round one, and was a three-time CDC event winner in 2018.

Lithuania, meanwhile, will make their World Cup of Darts debut in June after being confirmed to replace Switzerland in the 32-nation event.

They will be represented by Darius Labanauskas and Mindaugas Barauskas in June's tournament.

Labanauskas overcame Raymond van Barneveld at the World Championship in December, then won a PDC Tour Card at the PDC Qualifying School and reached a Players Championship final last week.

Barauskas, meanwhile, was a finalist on the PDC Nordic & Baltic circuit in March and also played in the 2019 PDC Qualifying School.

The 2019 BetVictor World Cup of Darts will be held at the Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany from June 6-9. Tickets are available now through PDC Europe.
Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 6-9 Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
SAFC
Steady Sixties
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by SAFC » Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm

wise choice still think its time Gibraltar and Italy were replaced with Latvia and Portugal

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 7858
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by DavidOwen67 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 am

SAFC wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm
wise choice still think its time Gibraltar and Italy were replaced with Latvia and Portugal
Is that you, Phil?

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8729
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by BlueSpark » Thu May 09, 2019 1:27 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 am
SAFC wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm
wise choice still think its time Gibraltar and Italy were replaced with Latvia and Portugal
Is that you, Phil?
He’s back online after a few days hiatus.
Probably for the best.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
SAFC
Steady Sixties
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by SAFC » Thu May 09, 2019 5:55 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 am
SAFC wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm
wise choice still think its time Gibraltar and Italy were replaced with Latvia and Portugal
Is that you, Phil?
Am i missing something here?

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by 1205 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:03 pm

SAFC wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:55 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 am
SAFC wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm
wise choice still think its time Gibraltar and Italy were replaced with Latvia and Portugal
Is that you, Phil?
Am i missing something here?
From earlier in the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18039&start=20#p725355
the phil wrote: Replace Switzerland, Hungary and Italy with the tour card holder countries of Portugal, Lithuania and Latvia. I would personally also remove Gibraltar in favour of another Asian country to make it a bit less Eurocentric. Either Thailand or South Korea where their good potential for future growth.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by phil davies » Thu May 09, 2019 9:17 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:27 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 am
SAFC wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm
wise choice still think its time Gibraltar and Italy were replaced with Latvia and Portugal
Is that you, Phil?
He’s back online after a few days hiatus.
Probably for the best.
#Obsessed
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8783
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by devosteve » Fri May 10, 2019 11:19 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:11 pm
This has to be the worst tournament in the PDC.
why do you think that?

For me it's got a different format. We see lots of different players. And for some players it seems to mean a lot (thinking about Nicholson when England beat Australia - he was gutted.).

And its good for the game from an overseas aspect.
Whip it!

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8729
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by BlueSpark » Fri May 10, 2019 12:34 pm

devosteve wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:19 am
BlueSpark wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:11 pm
This has to be the worst tournament in the PDC.
why do you think that?

For me it's got a different format. We see lots of different players. And for some players it seems to mean a lot (thinking about Nicholson when England beat Australia - he was gutted.).

And its good for the game from an overseas aspect.
The format is crap and only having two players from each country is boring.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 60915
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Ginge » Fri May 10, 2019 12:45 pm

There isnt the depth to have more than 2 from loads of counties. Barely the depth to have 2 from some of them ffs.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by phil davies » Fri May 10, 2019 2:32 pm

I disagree as I have said on here in the past it’s the third best PDC event to watch IMO only behind the worlds and GSOD.

Though I would prefer it if it was just pair match’s throughout.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 7858
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by DavidOwen67 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:45 pm
There isnt the depth to have more than 2 from loads of counties. Barely the depth to have 2 from some of them ffs.
Ginge loves county darts.

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan » Sun May 12, 2019 6:18 am

phil davies wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:32 pm
I disagree as I have said on here in the past it’s the third best PDC event to watch IMO only behind the worlds and GSOD.

Though I would prefer it if it was just pair match’s throughout.
I do like the event, not because it's super meaningful or anything (I mean, it doesn't actually really go to show who the best country is, the WDF World Cup has a better format in this regard) but it's a fun little weekend that the players rightly love. People complain that there are too many samey events in the PDC, well that's certainly not an accusation you can throw at the World Cup. My only minor gripe (outside of the format, which obviously boils down to time constraints) is that it's a route to the Grand Slam. Forget Barney this year (potentially anyway lol), Barrie Bates qualified two years running for Wolverhampton off the back of being carried Mark Webster, don't think he even won a singles game on the way to that final

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 7858
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 am

I'm not a fan. I like seeing different players and loved Ken Macneil beating Feel back in the day, but recently it's been Barney's meal-ticket.

Crow-bar him In. MvG carries him to some cash and a finals place.

Finals place = Grand Slam of Darts entry.

= More undeserved cash for Barney.

I just hope Sylvia gets her share if her gets the nod over Wattimena.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by phil davies » Sun May 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:18 am
phil davies wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:32 pm
I disagree as I have said on here in the past it’s the third best PDC event to watch IMO only behind the worlds and GSOD.

Though I would prefer it if it was just pair match’s throughout.
I do like the event, not because it's super meaningful or anything (I mean, it doesn't actually really go to show who the best country is, the WDF World Cup has a better format in this regard) but it's a fun little weekend that the players rightly love. People complain that there are too many samey events in the PDC, well that's certainly not an accusation you can throw at the World Cup. My only minor gripe (outside of the format, which obviously boils down to time constraints) is that it's a route to the Grand Slam. Forget Barney this year (potentially anyway lol), Barrie Bates qualified two years running for Wolverhampton off the back of being carried Mark Webster, don't think he even won a singles game on the way to that final
Exactly my point it’s something different not just generic Unranked Matchplay event 101 that fill our screens such as the masters.

I have no problem with it giving GSOD places I much prefer that to the qualifiers as it’s supposed to be a champion of champion type event and despite what people stay both players still have to play well together in the pairs otherwise your not winning this event.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 60915
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Ginge » Mon May 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Apparently all the teams/players will be announced today.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29583
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by nikkiboy » Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Barney Barney Barney!
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
SAFC
Steady Sixties
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by SAFC » Mon May 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Would not surprise me if Gando dosn't play this i reckon it wil be Mensur and RJR instead of Lerchbacher

Bomber
Brass Darts
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Bomber » Mon May 13, 2019 2:35 pm

I don't know if gib have picked their team yet but if they're serious they should be picking wade/chizzy as according to my euro election card gib are now classed as part of south west England not just britain, leaving cross and smith to play for England 'A' team

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”