2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9260
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by BlueSpark » Mon May 13, 2019 2:41 pm

How exciting
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by 1205 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:53 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 am
I'm not a fan. I like seeing different players and loved Ken Macneil beating Feel back in the day, but recently it's been Barney's meal-ticket.

Crow-bar him In. MvG carries him to some cash and a finals place.

Finals place = Grand Slam of Darts entry.

= More undeserved cash for Barney.

I just hope Sylvia gets her share if he gets the nod over Wattimena.
World Cup Runner-up is _almost certain_ to be a GSoD entry. It's the lowest priority of the main Qualify Tournament list, with 10 players already ahead of it and effectively 12 winner and runner-up slots to be filled ahead of it that could be taken by a player who's not already in ahead of that slot.
But most of the top players are already in, so it's hard to see how a finals place could keep the Dutch 2nd player out. Suljovic could take a Premier League spot. Wright, White and Chisnall aren't qualified so an England win with White or Chisnall could also take a place. Hard to see how a bunch of other current non-qualifiers could make a major final at the moment.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61986
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Ginge » Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm
Barney Barney Barney!
Any luck? :grin:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/05/13/2019 ... -announced

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9260
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by BlueSpark » Mon May 13, 2019 3:14 pm

ILAD wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:15 pm
By the look of that flyer RVB is playing with MVG. Not really a surprise.
Is that right?
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

Demolition_fan
Steady Sixties
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Demolition_fan » Mon May 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Barneys farewell year, snubbed for the WC.
The right decision, no doubt

Jowinho
Steady Sixties
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Jowinho » Mon May 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Demolition_fan wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:47 pm
Barneys farewell year, snubbed for the WC.
The right decision, no doubt
Barney will play the WC even without this easily.

User avatar
JOEY
Pub Champion
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by JOEY » Mon May 13, 2019 4:59 pm

I know I'm against the majority here but I was hoping Barney got one last chance, but the right decision has been made

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61986
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Ginge » Mon May 13, 2019 5:30 pm

JOEY wrote:I know I'm against the majority here but I was hoping Barney got one last chance, but the right decision has been made
He deserves fek all after the way he played the PL, the last 2 weeks especially.

He now has more time to bone 17 year old women in Tenerife, so he probably isnt that bothered. Poor Sylvia.

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by 1205 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Ginge wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm
Barney Barney Barney!
Any luck? :grin:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/05/13/2019 ... -announced
TLDR: Wattimena will partner van Gerwen.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by phil davies » Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 pm

Strong lineups amongst many of the non seeds should be the best WCD yet.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8377
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by DavidOwen67 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:39 am

1205 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:53 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 am
I'm not a fan. I like seeing different players and loved Ken Macneil beating Feel back in the day, but recently it's been Barney's meal-ticket.

Crow-bar him In. MvG carries him to some cash and a finals place.

Finals place = Grand Slam of Darts entry.

= More undeserved cash for Barney.

I just hope Sylvia gets her share if he gets the nod over Wattimena.
World Cup Runner-up is _almost certain_ to be a GSoD entry. It's the lowest priority of the main Qualify Tournament list, with 10 players already ahead of it and effectively 12 winner and runner-up slots to be filled ahead of it that could be taken by a player who's not already in ahead of that slot.
But most of the top players are already in, so it's hard to see how a finals place could keep the Dutch 2nd player out. Suljovic could take a Premier League spot. Wright, White and Chisnall aren't qualified so an England win with White or Chisnall could also take a place. Hard to see how a bunch of other current non-qualifiers could make a major final at the moment.
White and Chisnall? Surely England will be Cross and Smith?

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan » Tue May 14, 2019 10:09 am

phil davies wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Strong lineups amongst many of the non seeds should be the best WCD yet.
And probably the least convincing seeds we've seen yet. Could be some outsiders going far!

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan » Tue May 14, 2019 10:14 am

I think the rest of the teams are lucky Jeffrey has only started kicking into gear since the beginning of last year when he won his tour card back, I think he's comfortably better than Wattimena. That said, Wattimena fully deserves his place, and good luck to him, glad he's got this chance, probably won't come around again!

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by 1205 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:47 am

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:39 am
1205 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:53 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 am
I'm not a fan. I like seeing different players and loved Ken Macneil beating Feel back in the day, but recently it's been Barney's meal-ticket.

Crow-bar him In. MvG carries him to some cash and a finals place.

Finals place = Grand Slam of Darts entry.

= More undeserved cash for Barney.

I just hope Sylvia gets her share if he gets the nod over Wattimena.
World Cup Runner-up is _almost certain_ to be a GSoD entry. It's the lowest priority of the main Qualify Tournament list, with 10 players already ahead of it and effectively 12 winner and runner-up slots to be filled ahead of it that could be taken by a player who's not already in ahead of that slot.
But most of the top players are already in, so it's hard to see how a finals place could keep the Dutch 2nd player out. Suljovic could take a Premier League spot. Wright, White and Chisnall aren't qualified so an England win with White or Chisnall could also take a place. Hard to see how a bunch of other current non-qualifiers could make a major final at the moment.
White and Chisnall? Surely England will be Cross and Smith?
Honestly, I totally forgot about Smith. Worse, I forgot Wade. Jesus.

I suppose if Anderson pulls out, Henderson would play and then if by some miracle Scotland won, Wright and Henderson would both be ahead of a a runner-up.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by phil davies » Tue May 14, 2019 8:47 pm

If 16 people are up for it (no chance of 32 on here). Then I’d be up for doing a sweep like money event for this. £10 each you get 2 teams at random. Winner gets £110 runner up gets £50.

If your intrested in this let me know and I can get a list of names going so that when we reach 16 I/somebody else can collect the money and do the random allocation teams.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9260
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by BlueSpark » Tue May 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Or if you can get 8, pick the top 8 seeded teams and blind draw them.
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9025
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by devosteve » Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 pm

How do we get the money to you Phil?

My PayPal account: I haven't used for ages. Forgot passwords.
"“I was BDO World Number One and considered myself number 129th in the world as there were 128 tour card holders above me.' Mark McGeeney.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by phil davies » Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:09 pm
Or if you can get 8, pick the top 8 seeded teams and blind draw them.
Why a winner could easily come out of one of the non seeds better to give each person 4 teams.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by phil davies » Tue May 14, 2019 10:12 pm

devosteve wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 pm
How do we get the money to you Phil?

My PayPal account: I haven't used for ages. Forgot passwords.
I will pm people my bank details. When I have received 16 people who are intrested in it.

Can I add you to that list? Also Bluespark you in?

If so that’s 3 already with a decent number of weeks left hopefully be able to get up to 16.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
JOEY
Pub Champion
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by JOEY » Wed May 15, 2019 12:17 am

Count me in Phil

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”