Re: Welsh Open

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:35 am Drupid mocking Adams there
Well spotted.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"An announcement that Paula Jacklin & Trina Gulliver have left the building because they lost & didn’t mark is met with a chorus of boos"

Tut tut.
Big Jock Knew
deadlydiego
Steady Sixties

Post by deadlydiego »

Any results from Friday?
County Player

Post by 1205 »

deadlydiego wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:35 pm Any results from Friday?
AddicksFan posted a link to results earlier in the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18078#p728670
McCleaner
Feather Flights

Post by McCleaner »

Heard there was a good turnout this weekend. Heard a few whispers that an announcement is coming very soon.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

McCleaner wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:27 am Heard there was a good turnout this weekend. Heard a few whispers that an announcement is coming very soon.
Oooo. Are you announcing an announcement?

Des has been doing that since the start of the year but we've never actually had the announcements.
Let alone confirmation of venues, tickets and sponsors.
It's making the days of Sue Williams look positively professional.

Free hot dogs, anyone?
McCleaner
Feather Flights

Post by McCleaner »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:55 am
McCleaner wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:27 am Heard there was a good turnout this weekend. Heard a few whispers that an announcement is coming very soon.

Des has been doing that since the start of the year but we've never actually had the announcements.

Free hot dogs, anyone?
No, just posting what my mates have told me.

The Jacklins are being vilified on here. Every post about them comes with a sneer. I will take the stick if they don't follow through with their promises but in fairness they have not been given a chance on here.
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

McCleaner wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:14 am

Free hot dogs, anyone?

The Jacklins are being vilified on here. Every post about them comes with a sneer. I will take the stick if they don't follow through with their promises but in fairness they have not been given a chance on here.
search.php?author_id=7474&sr=posts
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Free hot dogs, anyone?

We sneer because it is sneerworthy.

We were told all the venues/dates/sponsors would be announced by end of March.

Once again this hasn't happened. This leads people to suspect that these deals were NOT in place when it was originally announced.

In other words Des was spinning yet another line of bullshit. If the deals are in place just publish instead of putting it back every single month.

Until then I will continue to sneer.

A quick read of Des's rants as Dilligaf (above) should tell you all you need to know.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:31 pm "An announcement that Paula Jacklin & Trina Gulliver have left the building because they lost & didn’t mark is met with a chorus of boos"

Tut tut.
If true, that's an absolute disgrace.
McCleaner
Feather Flights

Post by McCleaner »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 pm

Free hot dogs, anyone?

We sneer because it is sneerworthy.

We were told all the venues/dates/sponsors would be announced by end of March.

Once again this hasn't happened. This leads people to suspect that these deals were NOT in place when it was originally announced.

In other words Des was spinning yet another line of bullshit. If the deals are in place just publish instead of putting it back every single month.

Until then I will continue to sneer.

A quick read of Des's rants as Dilligaf (above) should tell you all you need to know.
I think you'll find that the deal were in place, but other issues interfered. Side effect of past dealings.
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

So the deals aren’t in place then are they. Otherwise they would have been shouted from the rooftops
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Demolition_fan wrote:So the deals aren’t in place then are they. Otherwise they would have been shouted from the rooftops
Exactly. Never read so much tripe.
Big Jock Knew
McCleaner
Feather Flights

Post by McCleaner »

Demolition_fan wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:20 pm So the deals aren’t in place then are they. Otherwise they would have been shouted from the rooftops
Let's look at it this way, the deals were in place and then something cropped up. That's what the Jacklins have said. It's a false narrative to accuse the Jacklins of lying. There is no evidence.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

McCleaner wrote:
Demolition_fan wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:20 pm So the deals aren’t in place then are they. Otherwise they would have been shouted from the rooftops
Let's look at it this way, the deals were in place and then something cropped up. That's what the Jacklins have said. It's a false narrative to accuse the Jacklins of lying. There is no evidence.
So they werent 100% confirmed then, thanks for confirming.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

McCleaner wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:36 pm
Is that you, Des?

Stop being an apologist for his incompetence.

Oh, and where exactly have the Jacklins said that "something cropped up". Paula was too busy refusing to mark to comment on this, for a start.
Last edited by Deleted User on Sun May 12, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:40 pm
McCleaner wrote:
Ginge confirming the confirmation, there. :D
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
McCleaner wrote:
No no no no when things are 100% confirmed you should sit on it for a few days until they have to cancel it!!!!
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:47 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
McCleaner wrote:
No no no no when things are 100% confirmed you should sit on it for a few days until they have to cancel it!!!!
BDO gonna grow x
McCleaner
Feather Flights

Post by McCleaner »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm
McCleaner wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:36 pm
Is that you, Des?

Stop being an apologist for his incompetence.

Oh, and where exactly have the Jacklins said that "something cropped up". Paula was too busy refusing to mark to comment on this, for a start.
You missed the bit where Des Jacklin said there was a spanner in the works. Something that happened 3 years ago. A clear demonstration that something had cropped up. Read the Metro article.