Welsh Open

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: Welsh Open

Post by Deleted User »

McCleaner wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:55 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm
McCleaner wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:36 pm
Demolition_fan wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:20 pm So the deals aren’t in place then are they. Otherwise they would have been shouted from the rooftops
Let's look at it this way, the deals were in place and then something cropped up. That's what the Jacklins have said. It's a false narrative to accuse the Jacklins of lying. There is no evidence.
Is that you, Des?

Stop being an apologist for his incompetence.

Oh, and where exactly have the Jacklins said that "something cropped up". Paula was too busy refusing to mark to comment on this, for a start.
You missed the bit where Des Jacklin said there was a spanner in the works. Something that happened 3 years ago. A clear demonstration that something had cropped up. Read the Metro article.
So if it happened 3 years ago, it didn't "just crop up". It's something he should have known about as it already existed.

So if you don't mind, I'll stick to my view that Des is incompetent.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Yes, something cropped up before a deal was finalised. Do keep up.

Did this person appear before or after "Robson" vanished?
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

I'd like to announce an announcement that the WDT will be held in my living room.
Everything is definitely in place and more will be announced shortly. Or at least just before the event kicks off.
Oh, and this may all change if something unforeseen crops up, that happened 3 years ago.
McCleaner
Feather Flights

Post by McCleaner »

No dears, Des Jacklin said that the deals were not confirmed. He said that he believed they would be confirmed and announced in weeks. Wake up.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:58 pm Yes, something cropped up before a deal was finalised. Do keep up.

Just thinking that. Our new Jacklin apologist joined the morning of May 9th. About 12 hours before thelad1985/robson announce they were "bowing out".

I wonder if McCleaner is experienced in payin' on door?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Ginge wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:58 pm Yes, something cropped up before a deal was finalised. Do keep up.

Just thinking that. Our new Jacklin apologist joined the morning of May 9th. About 12 hours before thelad1985/robson announce they were "bowing out".

I wonder if McCleaner is experienced in payin' on door?
Indeed, set this account up to carry it on. IP check needed methinks.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

McCleaner wrote:No dears, Des Jacklin said that the deals were not confirmed. He said that he believed they would be confirmed and announced in weeks. Wake up.
Beep beep beep!

McCleaner wrote:
Let's look at it this way, the deals were in place
Big Jock Knew
McCleaner
Feather Flights

Post by McCleaner »

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I am not the person you think I am.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

McCleaner wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:08 pm Sorry to rain on your parade, but I am not the person you think I am.
That's what Robson said.
Are you implying that you are someone else they we know already?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Ginge wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:31 pm "An announcement that Paula Jacklin & Trina Gulliver have left the building because they lost & didn’t mark is met with a chorus of boos"

Tut tut.
If true, that's an absolute disgrace.
Is this who TT is referencing on fb?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Once again posts about people not marking after they have lost, but no one wants to do anything about it, until the organisers band together and anyone and I mean anyone, including current England International players, found guilty at any ranking event is banned from the next 12 months ranking events across the countries, where ever they are held, then nothing will ever be sorted out. I will advise everyone attending the England Open, you don’t mark, you don’t play in the next events over the weekend, and the next event that England runs The England Classic in September, irrespective of whether that person or persons are top of the tree on the Invitational Tables, again your choice, everyone has signed an acceptance that they will mark, when they entered online. If any player removed from England events, wants to make an appeal to the BDO, then they (The BDO) can show where their true colours lie, do they want to eradicate this, or does it depend upon who it is.

TT
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Sounds liken it :D
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

phil davies wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:05 pm Doubles let Suzuki down as she loses the battle of by far the best two ladies players 4-1 to Ashton.
I think you do Fallon a disservice there - she can match those two on her day no problem, as she showed in Denmark!
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

phil davies wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:18 pm
Addicks Fan wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:10 pm
phil davies wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:05 pm Doubles let Suzuki down as she loses the battle of by far the best two ladies players 4-1 to Ashton.
I think you do Fallon a disservice there - she can match those two on her day no problem, as she showed in Denmark!
Yes but unlike the other two she is not consistent enough. Both of those will throw averages over 75 all day long where as all the other women are still capable of throwing naff averages in the 60's. Plus unlike her they are both world champs.

I put her in the second group along with Ana, Winstanley and de Graaf just below the top 2.
I'm not disagreeing that they are better, but not by far - the gap is narrow in my opinion, and both Fallon and Ana are better than Lorraine and Aileen in my opinion.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

phil davies wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 pm Greaves into her 3rd final of the weekend could she pull of a remarkable treble?

Looking forward to seeing the Williams v Bennett semi and seeing how Wolfie preforms in his final.
Greaves has been too good for girls darts for a couple of years. She's _very_ good on the 20s, more accurate than a lot of the other* top ladies players, but had been weaker when switching.

So it's good to see her playing ladies darts now, and if she can round out her game, she could be right at the top.

* I think we can put her in there.
Jowinho
Steady Sixties

Post by Jowinho »

phil davies wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:47 pm Kleermaker looks tailor made for PDC hopefully he gives q school a go next year really simple throw.
He will stay in the BDO for the next two years. He said that in an interview with the dutch site Dartfreakz.

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I’m there.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
County Player

Post by 1205 »

phil davies wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:33 pm Brilliant performance by Greaves if she can match that level then she has a chance against Ashton.
Started nervously, but picked up her game. I think you can forgive her nerves at the end. That's her first women's title.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Good game so far Ashton v Greaves.
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

Beaten by a kid
#embarrassing