Challenge Tour

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8377
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Ginge wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:25 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:01 pm
Why are middle aged men posting about darts on here ffs.
I know. I should be correcting grammar instead.

If Phil was here, that would be keeping me busy. Have I mentioned that he claims to have a masters degree, where you have to use English to the academic rules as described in Fowler's Dictionary of English usage? Yet he can't string a coherent sentence together on here. Weird, that. :D
Are you at a lose end today, David. Their, their.
Off to rugby at 2pm. Just trolling about the place until then :D

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8377
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Crewe's Danny Ayres beats Richie Burnett 5-2. Plays Richie Edhouse in board final (last 64). Ben Davies also through to his board final.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25885
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by ChrisW » Sat May 11, 2019 12:40 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:24 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:01 pm
Why are middle aged men posting about darts on here ffs.
I know. I should be correcting grammar instead.

If Phil was here, that would be keeping me busy. Have I mentioned that he claims to have a masters degree, where you have to use English to the academic rules as described in Fowler's Dictionary of English usage? Yet he can't string a coherent sentence together on here. Weird, that. :D
Modern English surely.

Maverick
Superleague Player
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by Maverick » Sat May 11, 2019 12:49 pm

He’s an animal that lad , happy enough with how I played , huge improvement on last time . Practise is paying off, only disappointment is I had a chance to make it 4 all but couldn’t dispatch 60!
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8377
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Edhouse takes out 121 for a 12-darter beat Ayres 5-4.

Former Cheshire player Simon Preston into the last 32, wins 5-3 against Marc Dewsbury.

Darren Beveridge is the first player into the last 16 with 102.6 average in a 5-1 win.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by phil davies » Sat May 11, 2019 1:57 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:01 pm
Why are middle aged men posting about darts on here ffs.
Don’t become as petty a nick ;-)
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by phil davies » Sat May 11, 2019 2:01 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:40 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:24 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:01 pm
Why are middle aged men posting about darts on here ffs.
I know. I should be correcting grammar instead.

If Phil was here, that would be keeping me busy. Have I mentioned that he claims to have a masters degree, where you have to use English to the academic rules as described in Fowler's Dictionary of English usage? Yet he can't string a coherent sentence together on here. Weird, that. :D
Modern English surely.
It’s called online submission my friend no need to worry about spelling :grin:

As for exams I spent more time thinking about it than when I quickly type on my phone on here where nobody other than the forum pedant gives a shit about it :grin:
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by phil davies » Sat May 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Geert De Vos has been disappointing used to rate him highly. Not really much of a surprise that’s its the people who lost their tour cards last year that seem to be doing well on this.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by phil davies » Sat May 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Armando Slotboom may have just found my favourite name in darts.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9260
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by BlueSpark » Sat May 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Dave Green off the top of the list then.
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

ILAD
The Ton Club
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by ILAD » Sat May 11, 2019 4:47 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:34 pm
Dave Green off the top of the list then.
:DDD:

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by phil davies » Sat May 11, 2019 5:23 pm

ILAD wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:47 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:34 pm
Dave Green off the top of the list then.
:DDD:
Wheres our polish friend with the laughing men :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by phil davies » Sat May 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Is Scott Waites actually going to turn up then for challenge tour 6 given he is through to the last 32. Given how pathetic he has been in his attempts this year.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by phil davies » Sat May 11, 2019 6:13 pm

phil davies wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:25 pm
Is Scott Waites actually going to turn up then for challenge tour 6 given he is through to the last 32. Given how pathetic he has been in his attempts this year.
Nope his pathetic attempt continues as he loses to Boris the Viking with a 77.6 average.

Maverick through to the last 16 though :DDDD:
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

Maverick
Superleague Player
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by Maverick » Sat May 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Bloody knackered but still fighting lol Painter next at 25 past 6
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx

Maverick
Superleague Player
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by Maverick » Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 pm

5-3 iffy game but 121 on the bull to win it. Into the quarters. Getting a nose bleed!! Never been this high lol
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by phil davies » Sat May 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Maverick wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 pm
5-3 iffy game but 121 on the bull to win it. Into the quarters. Getting a nose bleed!! Never been this high lol
Good luck only 3 more to go!
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

The Jolly Man
County Player
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by The Jolly Man » Sat May 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Tony into the semis now

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 18519
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by ssjsa » Sat May 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Maverick through to the Semis, beating Fran Carracher in a deciding leg to win his Quarter Final.

Well done Tony. :DDDD:
Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Challenge Tour

Post by phil davies » Sat May 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Tough game now v Gilding who IMO is the most likely person to win the challenge tour OOM this year.

Good luck though Maverick.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”