Glen Durrant

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ILAD
International

Re: Glen Durrant

Post by ILAD »

Well done the BDO, hats off for allowing their best player join the premier darts org. That truly is ‘darts for all’. Well done Des.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

All hail Des!!! What a numpty.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Kinsella
Brass Darts

Post by Kinsella »

The way it was reported on the local news in the north east was he had left the BDO to join the ‘elite’ PDC. Love it.
Pompey Col
Brass Darts

Post by Pompey Col »

Met him a few times at Lakeside,top bloke. The wonderful abuse he gets on Twitter is disgraceful. No wonder so much players leave social media.
Kinsella
Brass Darts

Post by Kinsella »

Pompey Col wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:25 am Met him a few times at Lakeside,top bloke. The wonderful abuse he gets on Twitter is disgraceful. No wonder so much players leave social media.
He is a smashing guy and he goes get a lot of stick for no good reason. That tit with the knob of the week blog is always being nasty about him. God knows why. Social media gives retards the opportunity to have a platform to scream abuse. Sad.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Kinsella wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Pompey Col wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:25 am Met him a few times at Lakeside,top bloke. The wonderful abuse he gets on Twitter is disgraceful. No wonder so much players leave social media.
He is a smashing guy and he goes get a lot of stick for no good reason. That tit with the knob of the week blog is always being nasty about him. God knows why. Social media gives retards the opportunity to have a platform to scream abuse. Sad.
Talking of Gaz where is he, banned again?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Murphio wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:29 pm
Kinsella wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Talking of Gaz where is he, banned again?
He has decided to stop posting on all forums. Only reads now.
Pompey Col
Brass Darts

Post by Pompey Col »

I had to shut down my Disability Twitter account because of abuse from 4 x wonderful scumbags from Scotland.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Durrant's guaranteed minimum £50,000 for his World Matchplay semi-final puts him up to 47th on the Order of Merit.

45 Willie O Connor Ireland £108,750
46 Richard North England £107,750
47 Glen Durrant England £106,000+
48 Robert Thornton Scotland £101,250
48 Jan Dekker Netherlands £100,0
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Pompey Col wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:34 pm I had to shut down my Disability Twitter account because of abuse from 4 x wonderful scumbags from Scotland.
This is Robson? Yes?
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:37 pm Glen might just squeek into the seedings at Ally Pally at this rate.
Ahem
UKDA 4 Life
Pompey Col
Brass Darts

Post by Pompey Col »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:50 am
Pompey Col wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:34 pm I had to shut down my Disability Twitter account because of abuse from 4 x wonderful scumbags from Scotland.
This is Robson? Yes?
No m8,Im not Jerome either. Im Colin aka Pudski. My Twitter is McDarter Hater,since he gave me and my family so much grief.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ah yes i remember
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Pompey Col
Brass Darts

Post by Pompey Col »

oche balboa wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:44 am Ah yes i remember
He used to refer to you as Chris Winton!
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zeyes wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:44 pm
A year or two on the Challenge Tour would do Durrant good.

I'm being serious. The level of play might not be stronger than at the BDO's top end, but there's a lot more depth to it. And he'd get 20 quality tournament opportunities compressed into just five weekends, which should be compatible with his job. (Plus low-pressure Pro Tour experience as an add-on if he's good enough for the fill-in spots and he wants it.) Short of finally making up his mind and taking the PDC plunge completely, that's the only other way he'll ever find out if he's cut out for the PDC style darts circuit.

Of course, a two-time (maybe soon to be three-time) Lakeside champion doing the Challenge Tour as a learning experience wouldn't sit too well with some people.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

1205 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:33 am Somebody suggested a thread for Glen Durrant appreciation.
But that would be pointless. Instead here's a thread about Glen Durrant for appreciation and depreciation.

I think he's top 32, and maybe even just into the top 16. But his weakness under pressure will prevent him from doing well enough in bigger tournaments to earn the money that gets him right up there.
Yea, probably right...
Kinsella
Brass Darts

Post by Kinsella »

Super glen has had a great tournament. He is now in the last eight. The last eight. Let that sink in. No player has made such a colossal impact in their first year since switching. It’s a tough ask to beat Gezzy, even if he fails he’ll have had a great year. I’ve said he’s top 10. Was mocked but he is.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Kinsella wrote: No player has made such a colossal impact in their first year since switching.
Aye lets ignore what Barney did then Image
Big Jock Knew
Kinsella
Brass Darts

Post by Kinsella »

Ginge wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:54 am
Kinsella wrote: No player has made such a colossal impact in their first year since switching.
Aye lets ignore what Barney did then Image
Style over substance.