Glen Durrant

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Re: Glen Durrant

Post by Wazza180 »

Michael Smith is world number 5?

Interesting, given that Glen easily beat him on Thursday night and in the Grand Slam last year.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

PDC player in shock win over PDC player there.....
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:05 pm
phil davies wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:00 am I see no reason why he couldn’t get himself up into the top 6. Gando is likely to drop. MvG, Cross, Wright and Price will be up their in the top 4 still some the end of the season. No reason Durrant couldn’t make himself up to number 5. Smiths their and he’s won nothing of note.
"There", there

Corrected :grin:
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

Glenda will not be troubling the trophy engravers in any major. The little pointless satellite ones maybe.
But the big ones, no
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Yeah, he’s no Darren Webster.

😂
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Darren Webster only ever made 1 TV semi final
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:21 am Darren Webster only ever made 1 TV semi final
That's some whoooosh, Oche. Even for you.
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

Haha Duzza drilled 6-1 by DVD
Top six my arse
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Demolition_fan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:58 pm Haha Duzza drilled 6-1 by DVD
Top six my arse
How did Darren Webster get on?
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:44 pm
Top six my arse
Irrelevant
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Demolition_fan wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:44 pm
Top six my arse
Irrelevant
He certainly is.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

oche balboa wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:37 am
NvH wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:24 am
Rout wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:01 pm Barney is an all time great of darts. A hall of famer. Would make most peoples top 5 darts players in the history of the game.

I dont think anyone has suggested Glen is of that calibre. Not yet anyway.....
It's good to see sensible opinions again. Honest discussions are always better than constant trolling, even if I'm not averse to a bit of :fishing myself.

There was a time when no matter how weak the BDO field got, the BDO stalwarts (who in my opinion are not true BDO fans anyway if they want the Jacklins to keep running the show) would try to put Adams on a par with John Lowe. They weren't interested in the fact that Barney (who had beaten Adams 6-2, 6-1 and 6-2 in their final three major meetings before switching) had to leave before Adams won his first major. Same idiots who would say "All hail Auntie Sue" as she oversaw the BDO lurch from one disaster to another.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing Adams 2007 victory (where he beat A-Game, Box Office and Toplad) to Wayne Warren's (where he mostly beat county plodders) in 2020, but Martin had it rather easy in 2010 and 2011.

Wolfie's route to the title in 2010 (opponent's average and seed [if applicable] in brackets)

Fleetfaced 3-0 (65.34)
Gurney 4-1 (85.41)
Glory Gloryhole 5-2 (87.12)
Binman 6-4 (92.94)
Chizzy 7-5 (93.42)

World Master West 3-1 (86.58)
John Boil 4-3 (92.04)
Ross "jobber4life" Smith 5-1 (87.36)
Binman 6-4 (85.89)
Mathematician with Secret of Eternal Youth 7-5 (89.07, #3)

Ten matches, one top 16 seed. Two world titles. Three opponents averaged over 90.

At least now people recognise that who you beat matters. Mark McGeeney being 2nd to Durrant in the BDO isn't doing him much good in the PDC. And I'll admit I was one of those people who thought McGeeney was a great talent but he barely made it through Q-school

I do believe Duzza will reach the top 8 after the 2021 worlds (my guess would be #6). He's already top 8 in the one year system and I think Smith and Gurney have a lot of prize money to defend. Those ranked 9-20 are mostly on their way down except for Clayton, Ratajski and Dobey.
Why have you gone on about Martin Adams?

Also McGeeney was excellent at Q school. Final in his 1st day. Qualified in his 2nd
I mention Adams to show how the PDC has been stronger for a long time. But only now are the bumboys admitting it.

As for McGeeney, do any of you really think last year was a success? Three time major finalist in the BDO isn't even in the top 64 yet. 0 wins and 2 losses so far this year. It's going awfully well. Still, I suppose he had the sense not to associate with a disgusting rapist. Glad I never defended Tony Eccles :)
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

NvH wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:10 pm
Rout wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:01 pm Barney is an all time great of darts. A hall of famer. Would make most peoples top 5 darts players in the history of the game.

It's good to see sensible opinions again. Honest discussions are always better than constant trolling, even if I'm not averse to a bit of :fishing myself.

There was a time when no matter how weak the BDO field got, the BDO stalwarts (who in my opinion are not true BDO fans anyway if they want the Jacklins to keep running the show) would try to put Adams on a par with John Lowe. They weren't interested in the fact that Barney (who had beaten Adams 6-2, 6-1 and 6-2 in their final three major meetings before switching) had to leave before Adams won his first major. Same idiots who would say "All hail Auntie Sue" as she oversaw the BDO lurch from one disaster to another.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing Adams 2007 victory (where he beat A-Game, Box Office and Toplad) to Wayne Warren's (where he mostly beat county plodders) in 2020, but Martin had it rather easy in 2010 and 2011.

Wolfie's route to the title in 2010 (opponent's average and seed [if applicable] in brackets)

Fleetfaced 3-0 (65.34)
Gurney 4-1 (85.41)
Binman 6-4 (92.94)
Chizzy 7-5 (93.42)

John Boil 4-3 (92.04)
Binman 6-4 (85.89)

Ten matches, one top 16 seed. Two world titles. Three opponents averaged over 90.

At least now people recognise that who you beat matters. Mark McGeeney being 2nd to Durrant in the BDO isn't doing him much good in the PDC. And I'll admit I was one of those people who thought McGeeney was a great talent but he barely made it through Q-school

I do believe Duzza will reach the top 8 after the 2021 worlds (my guess would be #6). He's already top 8 in the one year system and I think Smith and Gurney have a lot of prize money to defend. Those ranked 9-20 are mostly on their way down except for Clayton, Ratajski and Dobey.

Also McGeeney was excellent at Q school. Final in his 1st day. Qualified in his 2nd
I mention Adams to show how the PDC has been stronger for a long time. But only now are the bumboys admitting it.

As for McGeeney, do any of you really think last year was a success? Three time major finalist in the BDO isn't even in the top 64 yet. 0 wins and 2 losses so far this year. It's going awfully well. Still, I suppose he had the sense not to associate with a disgusting rapist. Glad I never defended Tony Eccles :)
What did Tony Eccles do?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ILAD wrote:

Fleetfaced 3-0 (65.34)
Gurney 4-1 (85.41)
Binman 6-4 (92.94)
Chizzy 7-5 (93.42)

John Boil 4-3 (92.04)
Binman 6-4 (85.89)

What did Tony Eccles do?
Repeatedly raped a child, mate. Some on here said he couldnt have possibly have done it, all because he plays darts.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:41 pm
ILAD wrote:

Fleetfaced 3-0 (65.34)
Gurney 4-1 (85.41)
Binman 6-4 (92.94)
Chizzy 7-5 (93.42)

John Boil 4-3 (92.04)
Binman 6-4 (85.89)

What did Tony Eccles do?
Repeatedly raped a child, mate. Some on here said he couldnt have possibly have done it, all because he plays darts.
Ffs Ginge, I wasn’t trying to hook you. :grin:

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH »

Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:41 pm
ILAD wrote:

Fleetfaced 3-0 (65.34)
Gurney 4-1 (85.41)
Binman 6-4 (92.94)
Chizzy 7-5 (93.42)

John Boil 4-3 (92.04)
Binman 6-4 (85.89)

What did Tony Eccles do?
Some were still saying it after the verdict which is pretty disgusting. If that was some random guy you read about in the newspaper, nobody here would defend him. Glen is a pleasant character and a fine player but his association with Eccles AFTER the charges were brought did him no favours whatsoever.

At least Claire moved on (rather quickly). I hope she knew nothing of what he was up to because she stayed with him up until the guilty verdict, didn't she? Someone must have known what he was doing other than the victim and himself.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

If he played basketball all would have been forgiven.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

NvH wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:56 pm Some were still saying it after the verdict which is pretty disgusting. If that was some random guy you read about in the newspaper, nobody here would defend him. Glen is a pleasant character and a fine player but his association with Eccles AFTER the charges were brought did him no favours whatsoever.

At least Claire moved on (rather quickly). I hope she knew nothing of what he was up to because she stayed with him up until the guilty verdict, didn't she? Someone must have known what he was doing other than the victim and himself.
Sometimes people truly believe in treating others as innocent until proven guilty.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Black Velvet wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:24 pm If he played basketball all would have been forgiven.
Which basketball player, having been found guilty of multiple incidents of rape, has been forgiven?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

1205 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:40 pm
Black Velvet wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:24 pm If he played basketball all would have been forgiven.
Which basketball player, having been found guilty of multiple incidents of rape, has been forgiven?
Velvet is just furious because he has not been forgiven for what he has done.