Should darts players be talking more about mental health?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Kinsella
Brass Darts

Re: Should darts players be talking more about mental health?

Post by Kinsella »

No. The world and his wife are droning on about the clinically fed up. It’s tedious
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Kinsella wrote:No. The world and his wife are droning on about the clinically fed up. It’s tedious
Prick
Thinking of one.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 pm You've convinced me. I'm off to patent a vending machine that dispenses consent forms. I'll have them in pub toilets up and down the country. This time next year, I'll be a millionaire.
nikkiboy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:38 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:27 pm Who'd want to be at university now? in the old days boys and girls both knew the game and how far was acceptable before stopping, now I can foresee a scenario whereby the male has to take several consent forms with him on a date and get them signed prior to every act - "is this OK? - sign here, initial here" romance will officially be dead if that happens.
It would definately put play to the "sorry love it slipped into the wrong place" excuse with her saying she never agreed to that - although I suppose you could always say "yes you did love, see paragraph 3 clause 4 sub section 1 which allows for a variance of entry of 3 inches"
Kinsella
Brass Darts

Post by Kinsella »

The Crusader wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:39 pm
Kinsella wrote:No. The world and his wife are droning on about the clinically fed up. It’s tedious
Prick
Ooh, bit rude that.
neil9629
Brass Darts

Post by neil9629 »

Yes, they are an inspiration to all athletes.
BVDRassel
Brass Darts

Post by BVDRassel »

Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Think there is more players suffering in silence then letting there voice be heard.

I suffer with Anxiety when playing darts which has spilt over for the first time the last few months into life outside of darts.
JFT97
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Bag Carrier wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:01 am Think there is more players suffering in silence then letting there voice be heard.

I suffer with Anxiety when playing darts which has spilt over for the first time the last few months into life outside of darts.
But don't most of us suffer from that? It usually manifests itself in having to have a few beers before playing to calm the nerves, without it we snatch the dart or worry so much about playing badly that we play badly, alcohol or drugs suppress that feeling.
If you're unusually anxious in normal daily life then there is an underlying and probably unresolved problem triggering it, again we all get that every now and again and sometimes for the silliest of reasons and that reason affects our mood. The big question is whether it is more common now or whether people are just speaking about it more?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BVDRassel
Brass Darts

Post by BVDRassel »

Raymond said this “I was often depressed and have been in therapy for this. I was not feeling well. When I was on stage, I thought: No! I was no longer happy with my way of life. Every week I was just playing. It became a kind of automatism, I didn't enjoy it anymore. Even when my name was mentioned on television, I didn't like it anymore.

“In January 2014 I decided to do something about it. I wanted to approach it in a different way, as I did years ago. I said to myself: Ray, you don't have a bad life at all. Everyone wants to follow in your footsteps, everyone wants to be Raymond van Barneveld. I sought help and received therapy. There they said to me: Ray, you are fantastic. You are a great player, you can do it. Then I thought: Can I do that? This brought about a change. ”
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

What a lily livered translation that is. Vacous.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:30 pm What a lily livered translation that is. Vacous.
Given some insight that. I think maybe you are one of the ones he speaks of.
BVDRassel
Brass Darts

Post by BVDRassel »

Ginge wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:30 pm What a lily livered translation that is. Vacous.
I do not know why you and others hunt my posts. Something I said
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BVDRassel wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:32 pm
I do not know why you and others hunt my posts. Something I said
They lack the imagination to create their own posts worthy of discussion so attack those that do, be not afraid my son, stand up to them.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BVDRassel
Brass Darts

Post by BVDRassel »

Okay

Rob Cross

Rob Cross won the Darts World Cup fairly unexpectedly in 2018. In the final he was too strong for Phil Taylor (7-2). After winning the world title, Cross's life suddenly took a different turn. He was seen as a favorite and no longer as an underdog . And his lifestyle changed dramatically.

"I still have it, but I took that world title as a beginner," Cross told The Mirror . "Then I went through a life-changing time."

Depression
Cross therefore revealed that he was depressed for some time. "I didn't like it when I had to play darts. I didn't feel myself and when I look back, I think something was wrong with me," said the losing Premier League finalist.

"Becoming a world champion was great, don't get me wrong, but it also caused a lot of problems. I could go on reasonably until September, but then I played like a zombie," Cross said back. "I had to learn it hard, but I'll get there."
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Dear god. He never quits.
BVDRassel
Brass Darts

Post by BVDRassel »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:12 am Dear god. He never quits.
RVB or Cross

Or were you being sarcastic.
Kinsella
Brass Darts

Post by Kinsella »

BVDRassel wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:51 pm Okay

Rob Cross

Rob Cross won the Darts World Cup fairly unexpectedly in 2018. In the final he was too strong for Phil Taylor (7-2). After winning the world title, Cross's life suddenly took a different turn. He was seen as a favorite and no longer as an underdog . And his lifestyle changed dramatically.

"I still have it, but I took that world title as a beginner," Cross told The Mirror . "Then I went through a life-changing time."

Depression
Cross therefore revealed that he was depressed for some time. "I didn't like it when I had to play darts. I didn't feel myself and when I look back, I think something was wrong with me," said the losing Premier League finalist.

"Becoming a world champion was great, don't get me wrong, but it also caused a lot of problems. I could go on reasonably until September, but then I played like a zombie," Cross said back. "I had to learn it hard, but I'll get there."

Was he actually clinically depressed though or just a little fed up. Plenty of people,say they are depressed when they are just going through a phase of being fed up with work.
BVDRassel
Brass Darts

Post by BVDRassel »

Not sure about Cross.

RVB was often clinically depressed. It was sad to see. Hes done so much for darts in Netherlands. Hes been a fine ambassador for sport worldwide.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

BVDRassel wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:41 am Not sure about Cross.

RVB was often clinically depressed. It was sad to see. Hes done so much for darts in Netherlands. Hes been a fine ambassador for sport worldwide.
Unfortunately ‘our sport’ has mental health issues which have gone untreated. An example of this is our dear friend DBG. Had he got the help he desperately needs then he would be better than Cross or MVG.

Nice to see your English has improved.....
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ILAD wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:26 pm
BVDRassel wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:41 am Not sure about Cross.

Unfortunately ‘our sport’ has mental health issues which have gone untreated. An example of this is our dear friend DBG. Had he got the help he desperately needs then he would be better than Cross or MVG.

Nice to see your English has improved.....
No, no, no!! He's clearly Dutch and doesn't post in an identical manner to Robson, McLeaner, thelad and all his those other multiples.