PDC Premier League 2020

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DavidB
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2020

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:47 pm Cross really is amazingly talented averages a ton yet seemed like he wasn’t playing well.

I’d put him second only to MvG in terms of pure talent of any of today’s players.

He averaged 80 last week and didn’t play well either! :grin:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Demolition_fan wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:06 pm
Can you stop flooding the thread with this crap?
TIA

If you could please take your own advice that would do us all a favour.

TIA
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Demolition_fan wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:03 pm It’s laugh a minute in David’s head

How did the Demolition man get on last night?? Oh wait...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dunno about you guys, but I can't believe the magnitude of the breaking news Sky Sports felt the need to push through to my phone this morning.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with Hendo.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview withGerwyn Price.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 pm
Demolition_fan wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:06 pm
ssjsa wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:54 pm Stats from that Aspinall vs Hendo match.

Can you stop flooding the thread with this crap?
TIA
Can you please go forth and multiply. Ta ;-)

If you don't want to read the stats, put me on ignore and they will no longer appear. Simples.
I like those informative posts...ignore the muppet.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:41 pm
DavidB wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:02 am
phil davies wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:47 pm Cross really is amazingly talented averages a ton yet seemed like he wasn’t playing well.

I’d put him second only to MvG in terms of pure talent of any of today’s players.

Aye but that was with a new set of darts that clearly were not working hence why he binned them.

His running average for last year on tour was only behind MvG on 99. something. He is the only player I can think other than MvG and Taylor who can average close to or just over a ton and get it doesn’t look like he is playing well.

The guys talent and achievements in his short career are phenomenal. I fully expect him and MvG to be winning most big majors for the next 5 years plus.

Ah right, didn’t know he was using a new set (although I know he has a new set on the market, wasn’t aware he had switched).

Yeah I know what you mean, you don’t think he’s played that well then you see he’s averaged a ton! He’s one of those players that will often setup a double with a big score hence why his average stays high instead of taking several darts to leave a finish then more on hitting the double.

Yes his achievements so far are outstanding but I don’t echo the sentiment he’ll be sweeping up all the trophies with MvG. Although he has the steady game which as you say is generally a ton average without looking like he’s played that well, he more often than not in the past two years has too many stinkers about his game where he averages in the 80’s and it really does look bad. There’s no in between with him! Also factor in he’s going to have 500k slashed off his ranking this year. Where would he also be ranked had he not won the matchplay??
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:45 pm
DavidB wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:25 pm

Aye but that was with a new set of darts that clearly were not working hence why he binned them.

His running average for last year on tour was only behind MvG on 99. something. He is the only player I can think other than MvG and Taylor who can average close to or just over a ton and get it doesn’t look like he is playing well.

The guys talent and achievements in his short career are phenomenal. I fully expect him and MvG to be winning most big majors for the next 5 years plus.

Ah right, didn’t know he was using a new set (although I know he has a new set on the market, wasn’t aware he had switched).

Yeah I know what you mean, you don’t think he’s played that well then you see he’s averaged a ton! He’s one of those players that will often setup a double with a big score hence why his average stays high instead of taking several darts to leave a finish then more on hitting the double.

Yes his achievements so far are outstanding but I don’t echo the sentiment he’ll be sweeping up all the trophies with MvG. Although he has the steady game which as you say is generally a ton average without looking like he’s played that well, he more often than not in the past two years has too many stinkers about his game where he averages in the 80’s and it really does look bad. There’s no in between with him! Also factor in he’s going to have 500k slashed off his ranking this year. Where would he also be ranked had he not won the matchplay??
The 500k is already gone from the last worlds. He is likely to get himself back up to 3rd possible even second this year as he is defending very little from 2018.

Ta, get confused with the rankings sometimes!
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

DavidB wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:04 am
Demolition_fan wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:03 pm It’s laugh a minute in David’s head

How did the Demolition man get on last night?? Oh wait...
Spent a night in watching the darts I think. Had an Indian and won a tenner on a scratch card.
A fine evening all round by the sounds.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Who is top of the league?

Could it be a certain former 3x BDO World Champion.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Wazza180 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:53 pm Who is top of the league?

Could it be a certain former 3x BDO World Champion.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

phil davies wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:45 pm
DavidB wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:25 pm

The 500k is already gone from the last worlds. He is likely to get himself back up to 3rd possible even second this year as he is defending very little from 2018.
Also it wasn't 500k when Cross won his World Championship.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Nathan Aspinall says he is living the dream in his first full year in the Unibet Premier League as he looks to take his incredible form into Night Two in Nottingham on Thursday.

An inspired display at Sunday's Players Championship 2 saw Aspinall hit a nine-dart finish and a 117.5 average on his way to winning his fourth senior PDC title.

The UK Open and US Masters champion is hoping to replicate that form at Nottingham's Motorpoint Arena where he will take on Rob Cross in a repeat of the 2019 UK Open final.

"I'm still on cloud nine from the Premier League invite, I'm living the dream," said Aspinall, who made his Premier League debut in Nottingham as a 'Contender' almost 12 months ago.

"I've been all smiles in the practice room since I got the invite, but a few of the other players joked that I might not be smiling after five or six weeks when fatigue sets in.

"I must admit being in the Premier League is something I've had my eye on for quite some time, so to get the call was a great moment for me.

"I'm determined to make this most of this opportunity. I didn't perform as I wanted to in Aberdeen but John [Henderson] and myself didn't turn up for one reason or another.

"I'm a bit relieved that game is out of the way and now I want to show what I can do more consistently.

"I'm still new to this game but my level is going up and up while I'm learning."

Sunday saw Aspinall and Peter Wright produce a combined average of 115.59, the highest combined match average recorded in PDC history.

The 28-year-old continued his scintillating form into an all-Premier League final with Gerwyn Price where he ran out an 8-3 winner against the Welshman to claim his second ProTour title.

"I've never thrown darts like that, the last two hours of play I just felt like I wasn't going to miss," Aspinall reflected.

"To throw such a big average against the World Champion makes it even more special.

"This weekend I've felt brilliant and I've beaten some quality players, I'm very happy to win my second ProTour title."

Night Two, Thursday February 13 - Nottingham
Motorpoint Arena
Rob Cross v Nathan Aspinall
Gerwyn Price v Michael Smith
Gary Anderson v Peter Wright
Glen Durrant v Fallon Sherrock
Daryl Gurney v Michael van Gerwen

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Fallon Sherrock will continue her history-making exploits on Night Two of the 2020 Unibet Premier League as she becomes the first woman to play in the tournament, while Scottish World Cup winners Gary Anderson and Peter Wright will face off in Nottingham on Thursday.

Sherrock, who became a global sensation in December by becoming the first female player to win matches at a PDC World Championship, will take on Glen Durrant as the Premier League roadshow continues at Motorpoint Arena.

The second of nine Challengers to star in this year's Premier League, Sherrock insists she is unfazed at the prospect of performing in front of 6,000 fans, many of whom have travelled to witness her highly-anticipated debut.

"It's amazing that people are travelling to see me, it's still all new to me so I'm really excited," said Sherrock.

"At Alexandra Palace I tried to block everything out during my games so that will be what I do again, but I love taking in all the support at the end of matches.

"I don't feel any pressure, I think all the pressure will be on Glen because he's the Premier League player and he needs the points.

"I'm going to play my own game, not think about anything else and see how it goes. I can't wait to go and play on another big stage.

"I haven't had a lot of time to reflect. I'm taking little bits in but it's been a bit overwhelming how much I've helped the sport in general. I'm really proud of what I've done."

Meanwhile, Durrant enjoyed a perfect start to life in the Premier League line-up in Aberdeen last Thursday, defeating Michael Smith in an impressive display.

The Teessider missed just two darts at a double in a ruthless 7-3 defeat of 2018 Premier League runner-up Smith, and Durrant knows he will need to be just as clinical against Sherrock.

"It's an exciting challenge playing against Fallon, it's a game I've been very aware of since the fixtures came out," Durrant admitted.

"I'm proud of Fallon, it's amazing what she's done for the sport, but I've got a job to do.

"I feel a lot better coming into the game knowing I've got two points on the board. If I'd taken a drubbing from Michael the pressure would've been on me even more.

"Obviously, the crowd will be right behind Fallon, it will be a new experience for me because I've never really had the crowd against me.

"But, you have to enjoy these experiences. Only 18 months ago I was playing in front of 27 people so to be playing in front of thousands every week is absolutely incredible.

"I'm in the elite now and I've never, ever been in the elite so I'm keeping my expectations realistic. I just want to get past Judgement Night."

Before Durrant and Sherrock's encounter, Scotland's top two Anderson and Wright will go head-to-head in a battle between two in-form super-powers of the sport.

Following a frustrating 2019 blighted by injury, Anderson has enjoyed a much-improved start to 2020, with victory over Daryl Gurney in Aberdeen backed up by winning his first PDC ranking title since August 2018 on Saturday.

"It's been a while since I won something, but I've got the hunger back," the two-time World Champion revealed.

"I want to get back to how I was throwing before [the injury], I don't mind if I win or lose, but as long as I throw them how I used to then I'll be alright.

"I still have work to do, but it's not a bad start."

Wright, meanwhile, enjoyed the perfect start to life as World Champion by winning The Masters earlier this month.

However, the world number two suffered his first defeat of 2020 in Aberdeen at the hands of Michael van Gerwen as the Dutchman went some way to avenging his World Championship final defeat.

"Obviously, losing to Michael was a disappointment but I don't think I played too badly," said Wright.

"That game is gone now, so as soon as it was finished I was looking ahead to playing Gary.

"Gary is a player I have huge respect for, I loved winning the World Cup with him last year so it should be a great game if we both play like we can."

Testament to his stunning form, Wright played his part in setting a new PDC record combined average in his clash with Nathan Aspinall at Players Championship Two on Sunday.

Aspinall, who averaged 117.5 in that match, went on to claim his fourth senior PDC title three days after getting his debut Premier League campaign off to a winning start against John Henderson.

The world number eight is brimming with confidence ahead of his meeting with last year's runner-up Rob Cross as he seeks back-to-back wins.

"I'm still on cloud nine from the Premier League invite, I'm living the dream," said Aspinall, who made his Premier League debut in Nottingham as a 'Contender' almost 12 months ago.

"I've been all smiles in the practice room since I got the invite, but a few of the other players joked that I might not be smiling after five or six weeks when fatigue sets in.

"I must admit being in the Premier League is something I've had my eye on for quite some time, so to get the call was a great moment for me.

"I'm determined to make this most of this opportunity. I didn't perform as I wanted to in Aberdeen. I'm a bit relieved that game is out of the way and now I want to show what I can do more consistently.

"I'm still new to this game but my level is going up and up while I'm learning."

Night Two will also see world number one Van Gerwen take on Daryl Gurney, while Welsh number one Gerwyn Price faces Smith.

The first nine nights of action will see a different Challenger in action, culminating in Judgement Night in Rotterdam on March 26 where the ninth-placed regular player will be eliminated.

Following Judgement Night, the remaining eight players meet once more in the remaining seven league nights in Belfast, Sheffield, Manchester, Berlin, Birmingham, Glasgow and Leeds.

The top four players then progress to face off for the title, and a £250,000 top prize, in the Play-Offs at The O2 in London on Thursday May 21.

Night Two will be broadcast live on Sky Sports in the UK, on PDCTV for Rest of the World Subscribers and through the PDC's worldwide broadcast partners including DAZN and RTL7.

Less than 50 tickets are available to purchase through motorpointarenanottingham.com

2020 Unibet Premier League
Night Two
Thursday February 13
Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
Rob Cross v Nathan Aspinall
Gerwyn Price v Michael Smith
Gary Anderson v Peter Wright
Glen Durrant v Fallon Sherrock
Daryl Gurney v Michael van Gerwen
Tickets: motorpointarenanottingham.com

Prize Fund
Winner £250,000
Runner-up £120,000
Semi-finalists £80,000
Fifth place £70,000
Sixth place £60,000
Seventh place £55,000
Eighth place £50,000
Ninth place £35,000
League winner bonus £25,000
Total £825,000

Unibet Premier League
Night Two Match Odds
8/5 Rob Cross - Draw 13/4 - Nathan Aspinall 5/4
Evens Gerwyn Price - Draw 3/1 - Michael Smith 21/10
17/10 Gary Anderson - Draw 16/5 - Peter Wright 6/5
1/3 Glen Durrant - Draw 5/1 - Fallon Sherrock 11/2
5/1 Daryl Gurney - Draw 5/1 - Michael van Gerwen 4/11

Unibet Premier League Outright Odds
Michael van Gerwen 17/20
Peter Wright 5/1
Gerwyn Price 7/1
Gary Anderson 9/1
Nathan Aspinall 14/1
Rob Cross 16/1
Glen Durrant 18/1
Michael Smith 20/1
Daryl Gurney 33/1
EW 1/3 1-2

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

Missed last week, hoping for some good tight games tonight.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

JOEY wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm Missed last week, hoping for some good tight games tonight.
Don't think I will get to see all the games tonight as on holiday in Tenerife, but will definitely watch the first 2 matches in a pub before dinner, but hopefully Chinese restaurant will have wi-fi and I can watch Ando vs Snakebite on my tablet.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

This will probably tank massively but...

Paddypower/Betfair/Betfred are offering 9/1 for all players to hit 2 or more 180s tonight. Only failed last week with Durrant one short when it was 5/1. Fallon isnt shy of a 180 herself and hopefully wont cack herself. If it was 5/1 I wouldnt bother but Betfred had it 10s until this morning, so given it a go.

DavidB and Drupid can bump with "any luck?" later if they like.
Big Jock Knew