PDC Premier League 2020

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DavidB
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2020

Post by DavidB »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:49 pm The obsessions with ifm. Deary me.

Yup, pathetic really.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with Jonny Clayton.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Michael van Gerwen ominously believes that he will continue to improve after opening the Unibet Premier League with back-to-back victories.

Reigning champion Van Gerwen is aiming to claim his fifth successive Premier League title this year and also to equal Phil Taylor's record of six wins in the competition.

The world number one meets Nathan Aspinall at a sold-out Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff on Thursday, as he looks to follow up his impressive wins over Peter Wright and Daryl Gurney with a third straight victory.

Van Gerwen is the only player to have won his opening two Premier League games, and believes that he can continue to improve as he targets an eight successive season topping the league table.

"I had to work really hard in the last few weeks to progress myself and to do better but I can't really complain," said Van Gerwen.

"I know there's still more in the tank and some bits and pieces I can improve, and that only gives me more motivation. 

"I'm back where I belong, top of the table, where I've been in the last few years and I want to stay there. In the Premier League it's not about luck, it's about consistency.

"I always want to aim for perfection. Of course that's something insane sometimes but you need to make sure you do anything in your possibility so you don't make any mistakes, and I think I'm doing quite well.

"I don't have to prove anything because I know what I'm capable of.  When I play my game, they don't have a chance - simple.

"People shouldn't doubt me - I know where I my strengths are and my weaknesses and I'm a complete player. When something doesn't go my way I know what I have to do to make sure it goes my way again."

Van Gerwen has begun 2020 with new darts after changing manufacturers to Winmau, and admits that he is still tinkering to find his most suitable set-up.

"I'm still testing - I gave myself a few months," he said. "Even the smallest details in the darts are really important for us, but so far, so good - we're doing quite well.

"We're working really hard to make sure I get the right set-up, the right mindset. The total package has to be right, and so far I can't really complain."

Van Gerwen's clash with reigning UK Open champion Aspinall sees the pair meet in a rematch of the World Championship semi-final in December, which the Dutchman won 6-3.

"If I do my normal thing, I know what I'm capable of. Nathan is a guy in form, he won a ProTour [event] but he didn't really show it on television yet and he has to prove himself," added Van Gerwen.

"There's nothing for me to prove, I just need to make sure I do the right things against him."

2020 Unibet Premier League
Night Three - Thursday February 20
Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
Peter Wright v Rob Cross
Jonny Clayton v Michael Smith
Michael van Gerwen v Nathan Aspinall
Daryl Gurney v Gerwyn Price
Glen Durrant v Gary Anderson
Tickets: Sold Out

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Welsh number one Gerwyn Price will make his homecoming in front of a sell-out crowd at Cardiff's Motorpoint Arena on Thursday as Challenger Jonny Clayton also takes to the stage on Night Three of the 2020 Unibet Premier League.

Making his first appearance in Wales since being crowned back-to-back Grand Slam of Darts champion, world number three Price will be hoping to kick-start his Premier League campaign on home soil.

While Gurney is the only player without a point after the opening two nights of action, world number three Price will also be seeking a first victory of the campaign in the Welsh capital, having played out two draws so far.

"Of course, Cardiff is the first date I looked for when the Premier League fixtures came out," said Price, who hit a roof-raising 170 checkout in an 8-5 victory over Michael Smith in Cardiff last year.

"I love playing in front of a Welsh crowd, there's nowhere better for me to play.

"It makes a nice change having the crowd on my side and I hope to thrive in that atmosphere as I did last year.

"It was an amazing feeling hitting a 170 finish and winning in front of my home crowd last year. I would love to experience that feeling again.

"I've made an okay start to the Premier League this year. I felt like I threw away a win on Night One, but on Night Two I probably pinched a point.

"Last year I probably drew too many games so this year I need to make sure I turn a few draws into wins and hopefully I will be in the top four mix come the end of the campaign."

Price's World Cup of Darts partner and Welsh number two Clayton will make his Premier League debut as the third of nine Challengers to star in this year's tournament.

The runner-up in the 2017 Players Championship Finals, Clayton has resided in the world's top 16 for the past 12 months and his trio of ranking titles includes the 2018 Austrian Darts Open.

He now has the chance to make history as the first Challenger to win a Premier League match as he takes on former finalist Michael Smith.

"It will be a real honour to be part of the biggest night of the year for Welsh darts," said Clayton, who defeated Michael van Gerwen in The Masters last month.

"Ever since I found out I was playing in the Premier League in Cardiff it's given me an extra focus in practice.

"I know I've got the game, I've shown it a few times on TV, so I know that if I turn up with my best game I can become the first Challenger to win.

"My problem is consistency, but I feel like I'm still improving and heading in the right direction.

"I just can't wait to get out there now and hopefully play my part in what will be a memorable night for Wales."

Five-time Premier League champion Van Gerwen will look to continue his impeccable start to the campaign against newcomer Nathan Aspinall.

World number one Van Gerwen has posted averages over 100 in each of his first two matches, resulting in a 7-5 win over Peter Wright and a 7-1 demolition of Gurney.

The Dutchman will continue his bid for a fifth successive title against Aspinall, who suffered his first Premier League loss to Rob Cross on Night Two.

"I had to work really hard in the last few weeks to progress myself and to do better but I can't really complain," said Van Gerwen.

"I know there's still more in the tank and some bits and pieces I can improve, and that only gives me more motivation. 

"I'm back where I belong, top of the table, where I've been in the last few years and I want to stay there. In the Premier League it's not about luck, it's about consistency.

"I always want to aim for perfection. Of course that's something insane sometimes but you need to make sure you do anything in your possibility so you don't make any mistakes, and I think I'm doing quite well.

"I don't have to prove anything because I know what I'm capable of.  When I play my game, they don't have a chance - simple.

"People shouldn't doubt me - I know where I my strengths are and my weaknesses and I'm a complete player. When something doesn't go my way I know what I have to do to make sure it goes my way again."

Night Three will also see World Champion Wright seek his first win of the campaign against 2019 runner-up Cross, while Glen Durrant looks to maintain an unbeaten start to his debut year against two-time Premier League winner Gary Anderson.

The first nine nights of Premier League action will see a different Challenger in action, culminating in Judgement Night in Rotterdam on March 26 where the ninth-placed player will be eliminated.

Following Judgement Night, the remaining eight players meet once more in the remaining seven league nights in Belfast, Sheffield, Manchester, Berlin, Birmingham, Glasgow and Leeds.

The top four players then progress to face off for the title, and £250,000 top prize, in the Play-Offs at The O2 in London on Thursday May 21.

Night Three will be broadcast live on Sky Sports in the UK, on PDCTV for Rest of the World Subscribers and through the PDC's worldwide broadcast partners including DAZN and RTL7.

2020 Unibet Premier League
Night Three
Thursday February 20
Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
Peter Wright v Rob Cross
Jonny Clayton v Michael Smith
Michael van Gerwen v Nathan Aspinall
Daryl Gurney v Gerwyn Price
Glen Durrant v Gary Anderson

Prize Fund
Winner £250,000
Runner-up £120,000
Semi-finalists £80,000
Fifth place £70,000
Sixth place £60,000
Seventh place £55,000
Eighth place £50,000
Ninth place £35,000
League winner bonus £25,000
Total £825,000

Unibet Premier League
Night Three Match Odds
Evens Peter Wright - Draw 10/3 - Rob Cross 2/1
5/2 Jonny Clayton - Draw 10/3 - Michael Smith 4/5
4/11 Michael van Gerwen - Draw 23/5 - Nathan Aspinall 5/1
11/4 Daryl Gurney - Draw 10/3 - Gerwyn Price 3/4
2/1 Glen Durrant - Draw 13/4 - Gary Anderson Evens

Unibet Premier League Outright Odds
Michael van Gerwen 41/50
Peter Wright 5/1
Gerwyn Price 7/1
Gary Anderson 8/1
Rob Cross 14/1
Nathan Aspinall 18/1
Glen Durrant 20/1
Michael Smith 25/1
Daryl Gurney 50/1
EW 1/3 1-2

Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

what is the lowest avge seen in this?
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Why do they interview Peter Wright, a total embarrassment.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

no different from footballers or other sportspeople - if they were intelligent, articulated and able to think and speak well they would probably have a proper job - albeit far less well paid
Vriezzer
Pub Champion

Post by Vriezzer »

These singalong walk-on songs are becoming a bit sad.
To survive, is to be victorious!
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

not as sad as clayton
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:49 pm The obsessions with ifm. Deary me.
The haters on this forum play the man and not the ball.

They can't argue against my points so they accuse me of being Rout, Wayne or IFM. It's sad.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

😂
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Aspinall is the complete TV package for darts..

Great walk on.. Great playing.. Proper emotions shown and fantastically honest interviews...
Gruntface
Pub Champion

Post by Gruntface »

Big fan of Nate. Plays some good stuff and has a spine.

Enjoying the darts tonight overall and that was a fun match with a nice ebb and flow.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Shame David Owen falsely accused Aspinall of being addicted to cocaine.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

He did but he sticks by it...rumour has it
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Mardle is sooo up Price's arse
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Three time world champ beats two time world champ. No surprise there.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Glen is now top of the league.

You have to say he is the best in the world at the moment.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Another toothless mid 90s average from Durrant.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.