England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International
Posts: 24994
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by ChrisW » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Flyer: https://www.englanddarts.co.uk/2019%20O ... 20Form.pdf

Entries: https://www.englanddarts.co.uk/Reg_Play ... n_2019.pdf
Men 518
Ladies 141
Pairs (M) 146
Pairs (L) 66

England National
Men 383
Ladies 89

History:

2018 Kyle McKinstry 6 V 0 Derk Telnekes
2017 Geert de Vos 9 V 5 Mark McGeeney
2016 Glen Durrant 6 V 3 Conan Whitehead
2015 Wesley Harms 7 V 5 Glen Durrant
2014 Wesley Harms 7 V 2 Scott Mitchell
2013 Stephen Bunting 6 V 4 Geert de Vos
2012 Wesley Harms 6 V 1 Anthony Broughton
2011 Gary Robson 6 V 2 Ted Hankey
2010 Dean Winstanley 5 V 2 Mark Harris
2009 Ted Hankey 5 V 0 Tony O Shea
2008 Ross Montgomery 3 V 2 Gary Anderson
2007 Ted Hankey 3 V 0 Gary Anderson
2006 Mike Veitch 3 V 2 Paul Gibbs Un
2005 Tony Eccles 2 V 1 Remco van Eijden
2004 Dave Routledge Beat Ted Hankey
2003 Ted Hankey Beat Gary Anderson
2002 Brian Derbyshire Beat Dave Routledge
2001 Chris Mason 2 V 0 Mike Veitch
2000 Andy Jenkins Beat Mick Nixon
1999 Peter Manley Beat Colin Monk
1998 Alan Warriner-Little Beat Richie Davies
1997 Andy Smith Beat Roland Scholten
1996 Geoff Wylie Beat Raymond van Barneveld
1995 Kevin Painter Beat Ronnie Baxter

User avatar
BVDRassel
Brass Darts
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 8:29 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by BVDRassel » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am

For Harms there is possibly a very remarkable achievement in the making. The born dutchman managed to win the English Open in 2012 2014 and 2015. If he can repeat the stunt this weekend and finish the tournament as winner he will surpass Ted Hankey as the most crowned English Open winner.

foggs3355
International
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by foggs3355 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Good turnout for both men’s and women’s in this and prize fund
Men’s open
5000.
2000
1000
400
200
100
50

Woman’s open
2000
1000
500
200
100
25

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2973
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Addicks Fan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:59 pm


Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2973
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Addicks Fan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:00 am

Live streaming starts 1030 am on the EDO youtube channel

User avatar
BVDRassel
Brass Darts
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 8:29 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by BVDRassel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:59 am

Addicks Fan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:00 am
Live streaming starts 1030 am on the EDO youtube channel
Thanks.

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2973
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Addicks Fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Ladies Pentathlon is underway. After 8 rounds Beau Greaves (someone else missing a day at school!) is in the lead. Updates on EDO facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/EnglandDartsOrganisation/

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24994
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by ChrisW » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:07 pm

The World champion not taking to the format.

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2973
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Addicks Fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 pm

No, might not be the best thing if you're jet-lagged!

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 794
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by 1205 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Addicks Fan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm
Ladies Pentathlon is underway. After 8 rounds Beau Greaves (someone else missing a day at school!) is in the lead. Updates on EDO facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/EnglandDartsOrganisation/
Well, she's going for 6 titles then. She's playing the Open, Nationals, Girls, Pairs (Hedman again) and Fours (with other top youth Bennett, Arberry, Phillips) as well.

Demolition_fan
Brass Darts
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Demolition_fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 pm

So who won this steaming pile of pointless shit??

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61086
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Ginge » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 pm

No no no no apparently this multi board format of different versions of darts that lasts all day would make "fantastic TV", according to some on here.

Demolition_fan
Brass Darts
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Demolition_fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:19 pm

1205 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 pm
Addicks Fan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm
Ladies Pentathlon is underway. After 8 rounds Beau Greaves (someone else missing a day at school!) is in the lead. Updates on EDO facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/EnglandDartsOrganisation/
Well, she's going for 6 titles then. She's playing the Open, Nationals, Girls, Pairs (Hedman again) and Fours (with other top youth Bennett, Arberry, Phillips) as well.
Fours ffs. What is the point

Demolition_fan
Brass Darts
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Demolition_fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Ginge wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 pm
No no no no apparently this multi board format of different versions of darts that lasts all day would make "fantastic TV", according to some on here.
There are some deranged people
One less now the imitation Dutch multiple has been binned

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 794
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by 1205 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Demolition_fan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 pm
So who won this steaming pile of pointless shit??
Based on the pictures from the EDO Facebook page, Beau Greaves is the 2019 English Ladies Steaming-pile-of-pointless-shit champion, to add to her wins in the Womens Welsh Open, Womens Welsh Classic and Why-is-she-still-bothering-with-the-girls Welsh Open.
Last edited by 1205 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24994
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by ChrisW » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:50 pm

1205 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Demolition_fan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 pm
So who won this steaming pile of pointless shit??
Based on the pictures from the EDO Facebook page, Beau Greaves is the 2019 English Ladies English Steaming-pile-of-useless-shit champion, to add to her wins in the Womens Welsh Open, Womens Welsh Classic and Why-is-she-still-bothering-with-the-girls Welsh Open.
:DDD:

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23859
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:59 pm

This is such a great competition, would love to of gone again but just too much on at the moment.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8810
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by BlueSpark » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 am

I agree with Tony Martin, the format for this is rather tedious. How many legs of 501?
£100 entry fee as well
03508582-59B0-4909-8342-9876D165A5FD.jpeg
03508582-59B0-4909-8342-9876D165A5FD.jpeg (83.46 KiB) Viewed 152 times
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61086
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Ginge » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 am

"Would make great TV"

mshaw2
Superleague Player
Posts: 1263
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by mshaw2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 am
I agree with Tony Martin, the format for this is rather tedious. How many legs of 501?
£100 entry fee as well

03508582-59B0-4909-8342-9876D165A5FD.jpeg
Looks like a cracking format to me.

Does the stream start today?

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”