England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:53 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:49 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:16 am Oh and as an aside, if my sister (for want of an example) had booked good money for a weekend away on the coast with her three kids in August, and was told 10 weeks beforehand that the venue (I assume the big room at Selsey where they play the streamed EDO events is the main entertainment room?) was now being rented out to a bunch of darts players to play a darts tournament for a full three days, she would be spitting feathers.

Not everyone likes darts, you know. To even think its an option for the WDT is sheer lunacy.
You tell em ginge, a holiday camp is no place for a darts tournament......
Well done for totally ignoring everything I said up to this point. Out of season = fine. Organised a year or so in advance so that normal families cant book the same weekend and get caught in the crossfire of dart players throwing up everywhere = fine.
So if you turn up and there's a thrash metal concert, that's fine. If there's an evangelical conference in the main room that's fine but only the sight of a man in a pink shirt with an invisible dog is a bad thing?
You pay your money and take your chance, as long as the advertised entertainment is still on there can be no complaints. You forget the part played by holiday camps in getting darts tournaments off the ground, some of the biggest and best competitions were held in and sometimes named after the holiday camps they were held in.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:22 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:16 am Oh and as an aside, if my sister (for want of an example) had booked good money for a weekend away on the coast with her three kids in August, and was told 10 weeks beforehand that the venue (I assume the big room at Selsey where they play the streamed EDO events is the main entertainment room?) was now being rented out to a bunch of darts players to play a darts tournament for a full three days, she would be spitting feathers.

Not everyone likes darts, you know. To even think its an option for the WDT is sheer lunacy.
Well done for totally ignoring everything I said up to this point. Out of season = fine. Organised a year or so in advance so that normal families cant book the same weekend and get caught in the crossfire of dart players throwing up everywhere = fine.
So if you turn up and there's a thrash metal concert, that's fine. If there's an evangelical conference in the main room that's fine but only the sight of a man in a pink shirt with an invisible dog is a bad thing?
You pay your money and take your chance, as long as the advertised entertainment is still on there can be no complaints. You forget the part played by holiday camps in getting darts tournaments off the ground, some of the biggest and best competitions were held in and sometimes named after the holiday camps they were held in.
And yet again Nick, how far in advance were these darts tournaments organised at these holiday camps? 10 weeks before?

I have no idea how big Selsey is, I imagine the room where the darts is is the main entertainment room, so taking the example of my sister again, is she really going to be happy that 10 weeks before the event she is told her 10, 8 and 3 year old can no longer dance along to Baby Shark and will instead have to watch a load of people throw metal things at a wall for three days instead.

Behave.

Welsh Open at Prestatyn is in the calendar a whole year or so before it happens, no issue with that, everyone knows the score in advance. Des has dropped a massive bollock here and if he succeeds in getting Selsey to host the WDT its going to piss over a lot of families holiday. For that reason it probably wont happen anyway.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:10 pm Chris, tell us where you are going on holiday mate, and the week before you arrive I will arrange for the hotel you are staying in to play host to the European Shit and Sp*nk Fetish Weekender.
Now :)
Sitting in gay Paris.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:29 pm

And yet again Nick, how far in advance were these darts tournaments organised at these holiday camps? 10 weeks before?

I have no idea how big Selsey is, I imagine the room where the darts is is the main entertainment room, so taking the example of my sister again, is she really going to be happy that 10 weeks before the event she is told her 10, 8 and 3 year old can no longer dance along to Baby Shark and will instead have to watch a load of people throw metal things at a wall for three days instead.

Behave.

Welsh Open at Prestatyn is in the calendar a whole year or so before it happens, no issue with that, everyone knows the score in advance. Des has dropped a massive bollock here and if he succeeds in getting Selsey to host the WDT its going to piss over a lot of families holiday. For that reason it probably wont happen anyway.
So because a certain event or concert is on in the main hall all other activities will be cancelled - no baby shark!!!!!

Stop talking complete bollocks, if the main hall has not already been booked it would be an ideal place to hold the event and if your sister thinks that seeing someone throw a dart is a bad thing wait until they are put in a chalet next to a group a Mackems.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nick only disagreeing with me because it's me, there. Tell us what you really think, mate.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

When you book at these places online does it warn you what event is on that weekend?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 pm When you book at these places online does it warn you what event is on that weekend?
Yes. And at the moment it does not say there is darts on. There is a reason why Butlins and Pontins have the darts as adult themed weekends not available for families to book.
Last edited by Ginge on Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:50 pm Nick only disagreeing with me because it's me, there. Tell us what you really think, mate.
Ginge only saying it's a bad thing because it's the BDO, mate.

I said ages ago they should try and play the WDT the same time as the EDO are there, as I've said previous I think holiday parks are the ideal venue for darts, always have been since darts started to take off.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:55 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:50 pm Nick only disagreeing with me because it's me, there. Tell us what you really think, mate.

I said ages ago they should try and play the WDT the same time as the EDO are there, as I've said previous I think holiday parks are the ideal venue for darts, always have been since darts started to take off.
I'm certainly not arguing with this. As adult themed stand-alone weekends not available for families to book, absolutely.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

I'm certainly not arguing with this. As adult themed stand-alone weekends not available for families to book, absolutely.
Why adult themed? Thay don't play topless darts there and have youth comps.
A darts comp need take up no more room than the main hall, which if not already booked by a Bros tribute act would be perfect and WOULD NOT affect anyone else at the venue.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Of course it wouldnt. All the drunkenness, drug dealing, shagging, hoverboard antics wont affect anyone else in any way at all.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

God forbid they play baby shark at a darts event.
Last edited by ChrisW on Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

the room is booked friday and saturday night by a Queen and a MJ tribute act.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:03 pm the room is booked friday and saturday night by a Queen and a MJ tribute act.
Ha! Well there we go then, sod off Des!

Luckily for him, October looks quiet.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:58 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Why adult themed? Thay don't play topless darts there and have youth comps.
A darts comp need take up no more room than the main hall, which if not already booked by a Bros tribute act would be perfect and WOULD NOT affect anyone else at the venue.
It's because of the sharp pointy bits at the end.
Ask ginge's sister.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:03 pm God forbid they play baby shark at a darts event.
:D
steve hartley
Steady Sixties

Post by steve hartley »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:29 pm

Behave.

Ginge, prior to this year they did have the darts in the main entertainment hall along with a marquee attached to another part of the complex. Once the darts in the main hall was finished (approx 4/5pm) they dismantled all the boards ready for the kids & evening entertainment. Once this had finished they worked into the early hours putting them up again ready for the next day.

Selsey is big with three sites, West Sands (main one), White Horse & Green Lawns. The White Horse site has had a big renovation and this year the darts was held there with a shuttle bus running between sites. This meant that all the boards could remain in situ.

Oh and I did hear Baby Shark !!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Yes you have all missed my point with the Baby Shark example there. But never mind.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:05 pm Yes you have all missed my point with the Baby Shark example there. But never mind.
Totally missing all the points yet again. :roll:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paris boring you, mate?
Big Jock Knew