Of course you did.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: England Open 14-16 June, Selsey

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Demolition_fan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:25 pm
Addicks Fan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:23 pm Beau Greaves has won all 4 events she could enter, whilst feeling unwell! I don't know what that says about the state of the women's game, but she is doing extraordinary things at the moment.
Indeed my old son
Delighted she beat Boom Boom, one player as cool as ice beating the other overcelebrating kid.
I actually rate her more than him.
Totally agree - first time I've seen Bennett and he is incredibly irritating!
Que a long post on Bdof about how this place is terrible for slagging off a young lad
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:55 pm
Addicks Fan wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:23 pm Beau Greaves has won all 4 events she could enter, whilst feeling unwell! I don't know what that says about the state of the women's game, but she is doing extraordinary things at the moment.
Indeed my old son
Delighted she beat Boom Boom, one player as cool as ice beating the other overcelebrating kid.
Que a long post on Bdof about how this place is terrible for slagging off a young lad
You do surprise me! Someone should let him know that he would be an even better player if he didn't get so hyped up every time he hits a treble!
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Addicks Fan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:55 pm
Addicks Fan wrote:
Indeed my old son
You do surprise me! Someone should let him know that he would be an even better player if he didn't get so hyped up every time he hits a treble!
I just see it as trying to keep himself geed up. Some players need the adrenaline going, others need to stay cool. It's not like he was shouting and gurning and slowing the game down.

Greaves was struggling, and looked spent during her game against de Graaf, but from nowhere hit two 14-darters under scoring pressure to win.

From then on (barring the pointless girls final) she was just hanging on, with lots of tired darts dropping low. But even as she faded, her opponents fell apart so she ended the weekend with 5 wins, and moved ahead of Prins to 13th on the rolling ranking.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

No one at the BDO will realise that this is the kind of story people lap up these days. Women in sport and all that.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

markymark wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:13 am No one at the BDO will realise that this is the kind of story people lap up these days. Women in sport and all that.
I'm sure the metro will run a piece on it.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

I thought Beau got very lucky in the Open Final with Fallon unable to finish her dinner. Other than that though, every other game I saw her in (and I only really flitted in and out throughout the afternoon) she looked a step above. As others have said, her composure is something else. I think Nick Rolls said on commentary at one point that you genuinely can't tell if she's won a leg or lost it looking at her facial expressions throughout a game.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Si Robin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:13 am I thought Beau got very lucky in the Open Final with Fallon unable to finish her dinner. Other than that though, every other game I saw her in (and I only really flitted in and out throughout the afternoon) she looked a step above. As others have said, her composure is something else. I think Nick Rolls said on commentary at one point that you genuinely can't tell if she's won a leg or lost it looking at her facial expressions throughout a game.
I beg your pardon? :?

Is this a euphemism?
Big Jock Knew
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Have you never heard the phrase before? It's usually used to describe a striker in a bad run of form.
Sunglasses Ron
Feather Flights

Post by Sunglasses Ron »

Si Robin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:30 am Have you never heard the phrase before? It's usually used to describe a striker in a bad run of form.
Of course he has
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Morning, Mark!
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Sunglasses Ron is a brilliant guy & a top darts fan
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Contrary klaxon!
Big Jock Knew
steve hartley
Steady Sixties

Post by steve hartley »

Sunglasses Ron wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:59 pm Just back from the darts had a great weekend
Anyone else from here go?
Yup
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

steve hartley wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:35 pm
Sunglasses Ron wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:59 pm Just back from the darts had a great weekend
Anyone else from here go?
Yup
Maybe you could ask "Ron" a question that only someone who went to the venue would be able to answer. Surely he would be able to answer it no trouble at all if he actually went :WWWW: :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
growly75
Feather Flights

Post by growly75 »

Not posted on here in since 2013. Just signed up again. Forgot the password for my first account and the other account I created was deactivated from some unknown reason. I remember why I stopped posting now. It's the same three trolls going back and forth every day. Oche used to be treated as the village idiot. Now he's one of the forum's most prolific posters. Ginge barely used to post on this forum. Now the shit-stirring so and so can't stay off here and is treated as royalty. We also have a seriously ill poster who keeps making accounts. Rather than ignore him, the main troll and his mates feed him every time.

Most of the good posters are gone. The others barely post anymore. I can't say I blame them. Sort it out guys. Otherwise your forum will perish. It's already going that way by the looks of things.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wow.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

growly75 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:35 pm Not posted on here in since 2013. Just signed up again. Forgot the password for my first account and the other account I created was deactivated from some unknown reason. I remember why I stopped posting now. It's the same three trolls going back and forth every day. Oche used to be treated as the village idiot. Now he's one of the forum's most prolific posters. Ginge barely used to post on this forum. Now the shit-stirring so and so can't stay off here and is treated as royalty. We also have a seriously ill poster who keeps making accounts. Rather than ignore him, the main troll and his mates feed him every time.

Most of the good posters are gone. The others barely post anymore. I can't say I blame them. Sort it out guys. Otherwise your forum will perish. It's already going that way by the looks of things.

Well said. :grin: :grin:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage: