TheSandman
Superleague Player

Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 9th-17th November 2019- Wolverhampton

Post by TheSandman »

TheSandman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:47 pm
ChrisW wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 pm
TheSandman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:59 pm
ChrisW wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:35 pm
Not a patch on his interview for EdgarTV. That was easily the funniest glen has ever been.
It is not an interview. It's a tweet.
You on the jungle juice again???
He tried to make a funny, whether it be a tweet, interview or drawing a picture with crayons. The edgarTV was the funniest thing ever associated with durrant. Although that suicidal dart player interview after he lost to Waites comes a close 2nd

Can find it on YouTube
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Stats from the Snakebite vs Cross match.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

TheSandman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:51 pm
ChrisW wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:35 pm
Not a patch on his interview for EdgarTV. That was easily the funniest glen has ever been.
He tried to make a funny, whether it be a tweet, interview or drawing a picture with crayons. The edgarTV was the funniest thing ever associated with durrant. Although that suicidal dart player interview after he lost to Waites comes a close 2nd

Can find it on YouTube
OK don't stress.
I don't get why Duzza winning gets to you so much.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:56 pm

Can find it on YouTube
OK don't stress.

Coz he’s representing the BDO and Sandman expected them all to get knocked out in the groups probably.

Anyone else notice how sandman replied to his own post above?? :DDD:
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

DavidB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Can find it on YouTube
OK don't stress.

Coz he’s representing the BDO and Sandman expected them all to get knocked out in the groups probably.

Oh dear!! Are you still sure Devo accused Durrant of coughing on his opponents throw? Or are you still Whooshed?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
greatkingrat
Steady Sixties

Post by greatkingrat »

I've never understood why they do the draw for the Grand Slam so that players in the same group can meet again in the quarter-finals. The winner and runner-up of each group should go in opposite halves so they can't meet again until the final.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

greatkingrat wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:44 am I've never understood why they do the draw for the Grand Slam so that players in the same group can meet again in the quarter-finals. The winner and runner-up of each group should go in opposite halves so they can't meet again until the final.
If 1st and 2nd finish on different sides of the draw, players would have a bigger incentive to throw a game and finish 2nd.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

1205 wrote:
greatkingrat wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:44 am I've never understood why they do the draw for the Grand Slam so that players in the same group can meet again in the quarter-finals. The winner and runner-up of each group should go in opposite halves so they can't meet again until the final.
If 1st and 2nd finish on different sides of the draw, players would have a bigger incentive to throw a game and finish 2nd.
I agree, I would make it that they dont meet until semis though.
Thinking of one.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ILAD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:41 pm

Can find it on YouTube
OK don't stress.

Oh dear!! Are you still sure Devo accused Durrant of coughing on his opponents throw? Or are you still Whooshed?

Oh dear

Desperation stuff from ILaD, there.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Can find it on YouTube
OK don't stress.

The world is ending cause I quoted the wrong post. May god have mercy upon your soul.
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

I moan about this alot I do a 4 on 4 off night pattern so I've missed all the darts this week, im happy i get the rest of the tournament now but I've not seen any of the BDO players, I've read all this thread now and it seems it's been brutal, the 02 is on my doorstep but I doubt I'll fork out now and go given the standard this week
As for the rest of the tourny be nice to see a new winner so I'm cheering on Chizzy now
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

JOEY wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:22 pm I moan about this alot I do a 4 on 4 off night pattern so I've missed all the darts this week, im happy i get the rest of the tournament now but I've not seen any of the BDO players, I've read all this thread now and it seems it's been brutal, the 02 is on my doorstep but I doubt I'll fork out now and go given the standard this week
As for the rest of the tourny be nice to see a new winner so I'm cheering on Chizzy now
Overall they have been poor this week, and added very little to the event.

However, that being said the BDO players are less used to playing on TV than any representatives before them, and competing in an organisation that is currently at its lowest standard ever, therefore being disadvantaged when they come up against the higher quality PDC members.

They will be competing amongst themselves at the O2, so think you would see some competitive matches, and for me those that played at the GSOD, will see it as a worthwhile and developmental experience going into their World Championship in January.

Obviously supporting Gary, but would like to see Chizzy come through the other half, and if Ando doesn't make it to the Final, I also would like to see Dave win this event. Has been playing really well since moving to Harrows, and has the game to win a Major.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

JOEY wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:22 pm I moan about this alot I do a 4 on 4 off night pattern so I've missed all the darts this week, im happy i get the rest of the tournament now but I've not seen any of the BDO players, I've read all this thread now and it seems it's been brutal, the 02 is on my doorstep but I doubt I'll fork out now and go given the standard this week
I wouldn't base a decision on the O2 on the showing of 5 players in the Grand Slam. As has been said on here many times the BDO rankings aren't fit for purpose at the moment, there are many better players who weren't at the Slam
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

Addicks Fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:09 pm
I wouldn't base a decision on the O2 on the showing of 5 players in the Grand Slam. As has been said on here many times the BDO rankings aren't fit for purpose at the moment, there are many better players who weren't at the Slam
Yea good point cheers mate,I was always planning on going when it was announced for the o2 so will still go for it
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

It's true the BDO rankings are odd.. But which players do you or people reckon would have done much better?
Obviously Ashton and Suzuki were thete for PR reasons and were never going to win a match and I would only ever have 1 lady player there
Waites has the TV experience but hasn't done much at QS or Challenge Tour..... Who else ?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

trotter01 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:26 pm
It's true the BDO rankings are odd.. But which players do you or people reckon would have done much better?
Obviously Ashton and Suzuki were thete for PR reasons and were never going to win a match and I would only ever have 1 lady player there
Waites has the TV experience but hasn't done much at QS or Challenge Tour..... Who else ?
its not known, But when you have the 5 who turned up and all of them didnt get to the Last 16 of the World Masters that tells you it's a much of a muchness.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Much of a muchness is right... You could 5 different players in there and they would probably have performed much the same.. and the 5 more again... That's the problem... They are all pretty much the same.. There are no Barney or Anderson or King as he was.. or Hankey or Fordham or Wolfie in their prime... You would look forward to any of them playing PDC players.. You can't say the same now about anybody in the BDO
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 pm
its not known, But when you have the 5 who turned up and all of them didnt get to the Last 16 of the World Masters that tells you it's a much of a muchness.
Do you think O’shea, Duff or Warburton would have done better?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

TheSandman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:46 pm

They could of picked Leighton Rees and he wouldn't of done any worse
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

TheSandman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:46 pm
oche balboa wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 pm
Who knows.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021