DavidB
International

Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 9th-17th November 2019- Wolverhampton

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:34 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:15 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:56 am
ChrisW wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:41 am
In fairness, Wade went "full time" (like Duzza has this year) in 2006 and took about 18 months to do it.

In fairness, Duzza still beats them all :grin:
In fairness, none of them had hung around the BDO long enough to switch at the peak of their powers.

Barney did and won a World Championship within a year.

In fairness, MvG switched soon after winning the World Masters and no one could have guessed he would have struggled so long in his early PDC days. Anderson had recently won two majors with the best PDC players in it let alone his GSoD efforts so his powers were pretty peak (even though he’s gone onto greater things).
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

So if he went onto greater things, he wasn't at his peak.
Thanks for confirming.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

I don't really count this one for Durrant. Didn't qualify as a PDC player, so skipped the games in the qualifiers that others had to play.

Even if he reaches the final or even wins it, I don't think he should even qualify automatically for it next year.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

is this duzza's biggest PDC payday and does none of it count towards rankings?
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Bomber wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:01 pm is this duzza's biggest PDC payday and does none of it count towards rankings?
Matchplay is bigger, so he'd have to get to the final to earn more in this. It doesn't count as ranking money, but it's good exhibition money.

But he won 3 BDO World Championships, and those were worth £100k each to him (which he spent on his fireplace), so he'd have to win a big major to top them.
Popeye Doyle
Feather Flights

Post by Popeye Doyle »

1205 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:57 pm I don't really count this one for Durrant. Didn't qualify as a PDC player, so skipped the games in the qualifiers that others had to play.

Even if he reaches the final or even wins it, I don't think he should even qualify automatically for it next year.
Surely if he was given a place this year as a BDO representative and he has obviously agreed to no ranking points then why bother with the qualifiers? If he'd had gone to to the qualifying event and won through he would have deprived one PDC player the opportunity of playing this week! If (and it's a massive if) he wins I think he should be automatically be allowed to defend the title the following year.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Popeye Doyle wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:04 pm
1205 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:57 pm I don't really count this one for Durrant. Didn't qualify as a PDC player, so skipped the games in the qualifiers that others had to play.

Surely if he was given a place this year as a BDO representative and he has obviously agreed to no ranking points then why bother with the qualifiers? If he'd had gone to to the qualifying event and won through he would have deprived one PDC player the opportunity of playing this week! If (and it's a massive if) he wins I think he should be automatically be allowed to defend the title the following year.
Given the mickey mouse way that some players have qualified for this event, of course he should be allowed to defend the title if he wins it
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Definitely he is to defend the title if he wins it.... However I think that this won't be the case as MvG will bulldoze through the title as per norm....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

County Player

Post by 1205 »

Popeye Doyle wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:04 pm

If he wanted it to count as PDC he could have refused the BDO pick and gone to the qualifiers like the other 4 players ahead of him on the qualifying list who've won a PDC stage tournament. He didn't do that, so he doesn't deserve to have his play count for PDC ranking money or qualification.

Once he had dropped off the PDC list, he went to the BDO World Trophy and proclaimed his love for the BDO, saying he was a BDO man at heart, trying to get a pick through them.

But, I don't think he needs to worry. PDC picked him from the BDO, so if he reaches the final I'm sure they'll let his qualification stand, even though that would give him money on his ranking next year.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Expect good camera work tonight, I have it on good authority that the camera operators from the other night have been changed.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
gm180
Pub Champion

Post by gm180 »

What time does this start at tonight? Bet365 says 7.15 but skys coverage doesn't start until 8? Theres American football on at 7, will it be on the red button?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

gm180 wrote:What time does this start at tonight? Bet365 says 7.15 but skys coverage doesn't start until 8? Theres American football on at 7, will it be on the red button?
There is no live American football on tonight on Sky. Bet365 is wrong, programme starts proper at 8
Big Jock Knew
gm180
Pub Champion

Post by gm180 »

Yeah its just highlights of the af from the other night, worth a watch, just to see the big melee if you've not seen it yet
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

gm180 wrote:Yeah its just highlights of the af from the other night, worth a watch, just to see the big melee if you've not seen it yet
Oh i saw it Image
Big Jock Knew
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Well, that's improvement. Only 20 darts for the 3rd leg for Warburton.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the showdown however I will be following closely the forum tonight apart from having Sofascore on for any updates on this very important game.

The Welshman to start as favourite but I hope Gary rises to the occasion and show him and the rest of the world who is the real Gary Anderson.... The World Champion that we all know that he is....

JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

Just doing some bets for the night, has Lewis got it in him anymore to make this close? I've only seen one of his games this week
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

1205 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:16 pm
Bomber wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:01 pm is this duzza's biggest PDC payday and does none of it count towards rankings?
Matchplay is bigger, so he'd have to get to the final to earn more in this. It doesn't count as ranking money, but it's good exhibition money.

But he won 3 BDO World Championships, and those were worth £100k each to him (which he spent on his fireplace), so he'd have to win a big major to top them.
So if duzza doesn't win a major and isn't ranked in the top ten after the worlds, he'll just be an ex-bdo champ - be lucky to get a PL pick on that basis
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Duzza will most likely get picked for the Premier League this time around, you can vouch on this....

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Or he'll get another pick as a contender.