PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 9th-17th November 2019- Wolverhampton

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Crusader
International

Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 9th-17th November 2019- Wolverhampton

Post by The Crusader »

The BDO should pick the 8 players they choose who are actually playing in the BDO. Cant see a sensible argument to do otherwise.

Chance to show what their players can do on TV without losing many thousands of pounds in the process.

When Waites won it the BDO should of used that as a selling point to companies.
Thinking of one.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Entries have been confirmed for the 2019 Grand Slam of Darts Qualifier which will be held in Wigan on Monday November 4.

Eight places will be on offer to PDC Tour Card Holders who have not already qualified for the 2019 Grand Slam of Darts which will take place at Wolverhampton's Aldersley Leisure Village from November 9-17.

Click here for the latest qualification for the Grand Slam.

Grand Slam of Darts Qualifier Entries
Toni Alcinas
Kyle Anderson
Jamie Bain
Scott Baker
Michael Barnard
Barrie Bates
Steve Beaton
Andy Boulton
Bradley Brooks
Keegan Brown
Christian Bunse
Stephen Bunting
Kevin Burness
Gavin Carlin
Matt Clark
Jonny Clayton
Gabriel Clemens
Joe Cullen
Jose De Sousa
Jeffrey De Zwaan
Jan Dekker
Nathan Derry
Chris Dobey
Brendan Dolan
Eddie Dootson
Mark Dudbridge
Gary Eastwood
Matthew Edgar
Ricky Evans
Ted Evetts
John Goldie
Adrian Gray
Ryan Harrington
John Henderson
Max Hopp
Peter Hudson
Jamie Hughes
Luke Humphries
Adam Hunt
Kim Huybrechts
Ronny Huybrechts
Wayne Jones
Ryan Joyce
Jose Justicia
Vincent Kamphuis
Tytus Kanik
Marko Kantele
George Killington
Jelle Klaasen
Maik Kuivenhoven
Darius Labanauskas
Zoran Lerchbacher
Adrian Lewis
Jamie Lewis
Mickey Mansell
Mark McGeeney
Yordi Meeuwisse
Ryan Meikle
Ron Meulenkamp
John Michael
Arron Monk
Joe Murnan
Dawson Murschell
Geert Nentjes
Tony Newell
Danny Noppert
Alan Norris
Richard North
Robert Owen
David Pallett
Josh Payne
Devon Petersen
Justin Pipe
Krzysztof Ratajski
Madars Razma
Cristo Reyes
James Richardson
Mario Robbe
Reece Robinson
Rowby-John Rodriguez
Ryan Searle
Kirk Shepherd
Ross Smith
Simon Stevenson
Alan Tabern
Terry Temple
Robert Thornton
Davy Van Baelen
Raymond van Barneveld
Benito van de Pas
Vincent Van der Meer
Vincent van der Voort
Dirk van Duijvenbode
Mike van Duivenbode
Harry Ward
Jermaine Wattimena
Darren Webster
Mark Webster
Steve West
Ian White
Conan Whitehead
Simon Whitlock
Carl Wilkinson
James Wilson
Mark Wilson
Luke Woodhouse
Jonathan Worsley
Niels Zonneveld

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Gary Anderson spoke of his 'desperation' to win the Grand Slam of Darts title before the end of his career.

Anderson, who has competed in every staging of the Grand Slam since its inception in 2007, will return to Wolverhampton's Aldersley Leisure Village from November 9-17 - FIND GRAND SLAM TICKETS HERE

Having lost the 2011 final to an inspired Phil Taylor and the 2018 final to Gerwyn Price, the Scot is hoping 2019 will be the year he lifts the Eric Bristow Trophy and pockets the £125,000 winner's prize.

"I'm desperate to win the Grand Slam before the end of my career," Anderson explained.

"It's my favourite tournament and it's the first one I played in the PDC when I was still with the BDO.

"It's been my favourite since day one and I've been there every single year so I've got to stick at it

"I like the fact that you can play your first game, get beat and still qualify; you've got another two games to put it right.

"I'll be giving it a heck of a push to win that either this year or if not then definitely next year."

The draw for the Grand Slam of Darts will take place on Tuesday November 5 and will be shown on Facebook Live via the PDC's Official Facebook page.

The nine days of action will be broadcast live on Sky Sports in the UK, on PDCTV-HD for Rest of the World Subscribers and through the PDC's worldwide broadcast partners including DAZN and RTL7.

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

SSJsa is desperate for it as well ;-)
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Of course he likes to be able lose his first game. He can use it as practice.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:56 pm Exactly. Durrant should be there but not as a BDO pick.
A belated "Any luck?"
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
oche balboa wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:56 pm Exactly. Durrant should be there but not as a BDO pick.
A belated "Any luck?"
Oche was right, he wasn't a BDO pick. He may be representing the BDO, but they didn't pick him.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Addicks Fan wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:01 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
A belated "Any luck?"
Oche was right
Stopped reading at that point.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:01 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
A belated "Any luck?"
Oche was right
Stopped reading at that point.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/30/bdo-left ... -11011454/

The BDO did not get their way when choosing their representatives in the Grand Slam of Darts this year, with the PDC overruling their nominations. Eight slots were allotted to BDO players this year, with Glen Durrant, Lisa Ashton, Mikuru Suzuki, Jim Williams, Wesley Harms, Richard Veenstra, Dave Parletti and Wayne Warren filling them.

There was not too much controversy over the eight names picked to appear in Wolverhampton in November, but BDO chairman Des Jacklin has admitted that it did not match the list he suggested to the PDC. ‘Had the BDO’s picks been the BDO’s picks, the eight names that are in the Grand Slam event would be different to the names in the Grand Slam event now. End of.’ Jacklin told the Weekly Dartscast. It was known that the PDC had the final say on picks in the Grand Slam, with the event firmly under its own banner, merely offering invitations to BDO players.

PDC chief executive Matthew Porter told Live Darts before the picks were announced: ‘We had a good meeting with Des Jacklin and his commercial advisers, he’s got a set of challenges that he’s facing himself and I don’t envy him, I think he’s doing his best. ‘I made it clear to him that ultimately the players that play in that tournament is the PDC’s decision. We like to work with the BDO, we accept their nominations, we review them and comment on them.’ On how much input the BDO had over their picks, ITV pundit Chris Mason told Live Darts: ‘Not a lot, you’ve got to remember the PDC is a successful commercial brand, they want what’s best and I think they pretty much nailed it.’

One name that is believed to have been on the BDO’s list is Nick Kenny, who insists that he was ‘guaranteed’ a place at this year’s event. The Welshman tweeted: ‘I was told I was one of the eight at the end of the season through my sponsor who was in contact with the BDO CEO. Later I learned that PDC ultimately made the choice and Duzza [Glen Durrant] would be in.’

Kenny, who goes into the 2020 BDO World Championship as the sixth seed, confirmed to Metro.co.uk that he was disappointed to be left out, after being promised a spot. Having met the BDO’s requirements to be nominated for the Grand Slam, Kenny was under the impression his spot was secure, but missed out as the PDC were keen to have reigning BDO world champion, but current PDC player, Durrant involved. While his non-selection is not the BDO’s fault, the Welshman is going through a tough time, having sat out of the World Masters with a broken foot and missing out on Wolverhampton has been another kick in the teeth, which he could have avoided if he hadn’t been told his Grand Slam place was safe.

The Grand Slam gets underway on 9 November, after the final eight places are secured through a PDC Tour Card qualifier
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

"Des Jacklin and his commercial advisors"

Is it Oche and DBG?
Seriously, if he has any commercial advisors they should be screaming "Stop bankrupting the BDO!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:55 am https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/30/bdo-left ... -11011454/

The BDO did not get their way when choosing their representatives in the Grand Slam of Darts this year, with the PDC overruling their nominations. Eight slots were allotted to BDO players this year, with Glen Durrant, Lisa Ashton, Mikuru Suzuki, Jim Williams, Wesley Harms, Richard Veenstra, Dave Parletti and Wayne Warren filling them.

There was not too much controversy over the eight names picked to appear in Wolverhampton in November, but BDO chairman Des Jacklin has admitted that it did not match the list he suggested to the PDC. ‘Had the BDO’s picks been the BDO’s picks, the eight names that are in the Grand Slam event would be different to the names in the Grand Slam event now. End of.’ Jacklin told the Weekly Dartscast. It was known that the PDC had the final say on picks in the Grand Slam, with the event firmly under its own banner, merely offering invitations to BDO players.

PDC chief executive Matthew Porter told Live Darts before the picks were announced: ‘We had a good meeting with Des Jacklin and his commercial advisers, he’s got a set of challenges that he’s facing himself and I don’t envy him, I think he’s doing his best. ‘I made it clear to him that ultimately the players that play in that tournament is the PDC’s decision. We like to work with the BDO, we accept their nominations, we review them and comment on them.’ On how much input the BDO had over their picks, ITV pundit Chris Mason told Live Darts: ‘Not a lot, you’ve got to remember the PDC is a successful commercial brand, they want what’s best and I think they pretty much nailed it.’

One name that is believed to have been on the BDO’s list is Nick Kenny, who insists that he was ‘guaranteed’ a place at this year’s event. The Welshman tweeted: ‘I was told I was one of the eight at the end of the season through my sponsor who was in contact with the BDO CEO. Later I learned that PDC ultimately made the choice and Duzza [Glen Durrant] would be in.’

Kenny, who goes into the 2020 BDO World Championship as the sixth seed, confirmed to Metro.co.uk that he was disappointed to be left out, after being promised a spot. Having met the BDO’s requirements to be nominated for the Grand Slam, Kenny was under the impression his spot was secure, but missed out as the PDC were keen to have reigning BDO world champion, but current PDC player, Durrant involved. While his non-selection is not the BDO’s fault, the Welshman is going through a tough time, having sat out of the World Masters with a broken foot and missing out on Wolverhampton has been another kick in the teeth, which he could have avoided if he hadn’t been told his Grand Slam place was safe.

The Grand Slam gets underway on 9 November, after the final eight places are secured through a PDC Tour Card qualifier
all of this I put on here weeks ago ;)
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Skewy's source is paulyboy
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Not sure that is what they said.
Vriezzer
Pub Champion

Post by Vriezzer »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:20 pm Not sure that is what they said.
According to the presenter of RTL7 (Koert Westerman) Gary Anderson would have said off-camera to Arjen van der Giessen that 'We would be very lucky to see him at Wolverhampton'.

As far as I'm concerned no more has been said on television apart from speculation what problem Gary could have.
To survive, is to be victorious!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Vriezzer wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:23 am
ChrisW wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:20 pm Not sure that is what they said.
According to the presenter of RTL7 (Koert Westerman) Gary Anderson would have said off-camera to Arjen van der Giessen that 'We would be very lucky to see him at Wolverhampton'.

As far as I'm concerned no more has been said on television apart from speculation what problem Gary could have.
His main issue is at the moment is diagnosed by eminent doctors as "giving zero fucks".

Hopes are fading fast.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Suljovic not at Wolverhampton as he did not enter the qualifier.

DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:52 pm Suljovic not at Wolverhampton as he did not enter the qualifier.

Did he just assume he’d be there?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DavidB wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55 pm
ssjsa wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:52 pm Suljovic not at Wolverhampton as he did not enter the qualifier.

Did he just assume he’d be there?
We'll never know, but I suspect he thought he would be safe.