The Red Dragon 2019 World Matchplay Prediction Competition-Homepage

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Re: The Red Dragon 2019 World Matchplay Prediction Competition-Homepage

Post by Black Velvet »

BlueSpark wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:57 pm
Black Velvet wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:49 pm Bit frustrating my post for the final has disappeared.
Where did you put it?
I put it in the final thread about a minute after it appeared. Your post said “still editing” or something in it. Never mind.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Black Velvet wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:05 pm
Black Velvet wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:49 pm Bit frustrating my post for the final has disappeared.
Where did you put it?
I put it in the final thread about a minute after it appeared. Your post said “still editing” or something in it. Never mind.
Odd. It hasnt appeared in the mod logs as being deleted. I have never known this before. Must have happened just as I was locking or unlocking the thread.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Incidentally, I am collating the scores as we speak.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

BlueSpark wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:16 pm
Black Velvet wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:05 pm
Where did you put it?
Odd. It hasnt appeared in the mod logs as being deleted. I have never known this before. Must have happened just as I was locking or unlocking the thread.
No drama.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:42 pm The Red Dragon 2019 World Matchplay Prediction Game!

Thanks to the generosity of the guys at Red Dragon, our forum sponsor, two sets of darts are up for grabs. These are up to the value of £40, a more expensive set and you simply pay the difference.
There will also be a side competition with a £10 cash entry, this is not compulsory. Depending on number of cash players, the prize structure and payout will be decided by me once the comp is underway. £100 or more will necessitate at least two prizes, less than £100 and it’s winner takes all.
Please pm me for bank details, I will keep a list of current payees updated on this thread underneath this post.
This thread will be updated with the current tables and rules etc.

Before each round I shall start a thread where I shall ask you to predict the SCORE of each match, as well as a few bonuses to mix it up a bit.

Scoring is as follows:

First Round - 2 points for correct result, 5 points for correct result AND score.
Second Round - 3 points for correct result, 7 points for correct result AND score
QF's - 6 points for correct result, 13 points for correct result AND score
SF's - 8 points for correct result, 17 points for correct result AND score
Final - 10 points for correct result, 21 points for correct result AND score

Bonuses will generally be 5 points each, although this will differ for the Final.

Be aware there is a short turnaround between each round ending and the next starting - so be aware of this when entering!!

In your prediction for the FIRST ROUND I shall ask you to specify a set of darts of your choosing from the Red Dragon catalogue-simply click the banner at the top of the page. Entries without this vital information will be ineligible for the darts prizes

A template will follow soon.

Good luck!

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES - Start of play on the first Saturday (around ten minutes into the Sky broadcast)

Smallprint

The highest two scores will win the darts, the prizes will be won only if a set of darts has been selected and included in the first round prediction, there is space on the template. If any of the first two have no darts selected, the prize will revert to third, and so on.

The cash prizes will be won by the player(s) highest in the final rankings of those playing in the cash competition.

If a tie, then bonuses will be disregarded and the player with the highest aggregate score across all five round excluding bonuses shall win. If still tied, the player(s) with the highest Finals Night score will win in the tie.
If still tied after this, then countback will take place, looking at who had the highest Semi Final night score, highest Quarter Final night score etc, until a tie can be split. In the unlikely event there is still a tie, a mini-prediction game involving the next available PDC event after the final will be used to split it.

The decision of myself and the site moderators are final.

Entries made after the published deadline in each round may be accepted at my discretion, minus the bonuses and matches that have been played already.

All entries made by duplicate accounts will be disregarded.
[/quote]

Bumped in line with the volunteer thread.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Template from 2019 I will be using in the absence of a volunteer.

Saturday July 20 (1900 BST)
First Round
Nathan Aspinall 10-9 Mervyn King
Gerwyn Price 10-9 Stephen Bunting
Gary Anderson 0-10 Danny Noppert
Rob Cross 10-9 Chris Dobey

Sunday July 21 (1300 BST)
First Round
Darren Webster 10-9 Krzysztof Ratajski
Dave Chisnall 10-9 Max Hopp
Ian White 10-9 Joe Cullen
Michael Smith 10-9 Jamie Hughes

Evening Session (1930 BST)
First Round
James Wade 10-9 Jeffrey de Zwaan
Mensur Suljovic 10-9 Jermaine Wattimena
Michael van Gerwen 10-9 Steve Beaton
Adrian Lewis 10-0 Glen Durrant

Monday July 22 (1900 BST)
First Round
Jonny Clayton 10-9 Keegan Brown
Simon Whitlock 10-9 John Henderson
Daryl Gurney 10-9 Ricky Evans
Peter Wright 10-9 Vincent van der Voort

Bonus 1 for 5 points
Which player will record the lowest 3 dart average in a FIRST ROUND match? Gary Anderson

Bonus 2 for 5 points
Which player will record the highest 3 dart average in a FIRST ROUND match? Darren Webster

Bonus 3 for 5 points
Which player will hit the highest checkout of the FIRST ROUND? Daryl Gurney

Bonus 3 for 15 points
Which player will finish runner up overall? Michael Smith

Bonus 4 for 10 points
How many 170 checkouts will be hit in the tournament in total? 2

Bonus 5 for 10 points
How far will Glen Durrant progress? L16

Darts wanted if win- Ross Montgomery 24g Lakeside 1st round specials

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner