Ashowdown and out

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

Re: Ashowdown and out

Post by oche balboa »

Who’s the Lincolnshire caller
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

From the BDO website:

Following Richard Ashdown’s recent announcement that he will be stepping away from his BDO commitments, we would like to take this opportunity to wish him all the best with his future endeavours.

Richard, affectionately known amongst players and supporters as ‘Little Richard’, joined the BDO team in 2013 to replace the former Master of Ceremonies Martin Fitzmaurice. Prior to this, Richard was the spotter for the BBC from 2002-2013, where he moved from behind the camera, to become the welcoming face synonymous with both the BDO, and especially ‘The Lakeside’.

Richard’s first tournament as the BDO Master of Ceremonies was the 2013 Winmau World Masters, and he subsequently went on to MC the next six BDO Lakeside World Championships, The BDO World Darts Trophy, the Winmau World Masters and the BDO British Open and British Masters to name but a few!

Richard was also a force behind the scenes, organising his team of callers, providing the BDO with player information and statistics, scheduling, undertaking interviews and tournament previews and assisting the BDO with promoting their events and players.

Richard will be sorely missed by the BDO, their supporters and players alike!

In the words of Little Richard…’Heigh Ho’!
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Old school presentation, time for some new modern blood.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:20 pm Old school presentation, time for some new modern blood.....
Like Martin Adams or Paul Hogan bring the young blood to the playing side of the BDO?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:39 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:20 pm Old school presentation, time for some new modern blood.....
Like Martin Adams or Paul Hogan bring the young blood to the playing side of the BDO?
I don't think they are MC's David.......please try and stay on track.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:45 pm
Are you struggling with the words "playing side"? Embarrassing stuff, Paddy even by your standards.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

The question is what of winmau no boards used on telly anymore ( ok only 3 events a year) ok they have the jdc tour but even so, doesn’t look good for them anymore imo, you need your product to be shown,
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

only85 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:44 pm The question is what of winmau no boards used on telly anymore ( ok only 3 events a year) ok they have the jdc tour but even so, doesn’t look good for them anymore imo, you need your product to be shown,
Winmau make the best board, anyone who plays darts knows this and will continue to buy winmau boards. Paying sponsorship to have your board on a stream or an obscure tv channel was no longer financially viable. Winmau sponsor enough players that their logo will still be on tv.

Do you really thing seeing unicorn boards cut up to fuck every game has people going out to buy a unicorn dartboard??
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

TheSandman wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:04 pm Do you really thing seeing unicorn boards cut up to fek every game has people going out to buy a unicorn dartboard??
Whilst leagues and open organisers may be more meticulous in their choice of boards for their comps joe public at home will see that the PDC use XYZ board and will buy that as they want to use what the pros use. It works the same in all sports people will buy what successful pros use as they think it will make them play better.

There is also a reason why you get a distorted view of what is the btter board on TV in that we see so few high quality hours of winmau boards on TV up to 100's of hours of seeing Unicorn ones on TV so you just have by far more opportunity to cherry pick 'defective or 'poor' boards from .
It also stands to reason that if you watch a MvG v Gando game on TV the t20 will take a hammering so will look more used that the rest of the board where as if you witness a Paula v Some other shot putter lady there is no danger of the T20 getting a lot of use and hence 'cut up'
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

They will just buy whatever is in the Argos catalogue
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

el_ringo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:12 pm
TheSandman wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:04 pm Do you really thing seeing unicorn boards cut up to fek every game has people going out to buy a unicorn dartboard??
Whilst leagues and open organisers may be more meticulous in their choice of boards for their comps joe public at home will see that the PDC use XYZ board and will buy that as they want to use what the pros use. It works the same in all sports people will buy what successful pros use as they think it will make them play better.

There is also a reason why you get a distorted view of what is the btter board on TV in that we see so few high quality hours of winmau boards on TV up to 100's of hours of seeing Unicorn ones on TV so you just have by far more opportunity to cherry pick 'defective or 'poor' boards from .
It also stands to reason that if you watch a MvG v Gando game on TV the t20 will take a hammering so will look more used that the rest of the board where as if you witness a Paula v Some other shot putter lady there is no danger of the T20 getting a lot of use and hence 'cut up'
You obviously don’t play darts. The unicorn board is crap. Cut up after as little as a couple of legs.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:56 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:45 pm
Are you struggling with the words "playing side"? Embarrassing stuff, Paddy even by your standards.
FFS are you so delinquent you can't read the thread title. Try and stay on tract and don't let your hatered of the bdo dominate your rantings.....
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ILAD wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:25 pm
You obviously don’t play darts. The unicorn board is crap. Cut up after as little as a couple of legs.
Got any examples ?

or even what leagues use Unicorn ones rather than Winmau boards ?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

el_ringo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 pm
Got any examples ?

or even what leagues use Unicorn ones rather than Winmau boards ?
You obviously don’t watch darts either.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

el_ringo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Lol.....he'll defend the indefensible....🤣🤣
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ILAD wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:28 pm

I covered the disparage in hours of boards broadcast on TV in my original answer did you have a problem understanding it ?

If there was anything of my reply you failed to grasp post them up and i will explain them in words of single syllables to help you.

I won't reply again to you otherwise
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

el_ringo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:31 pm

I covered the disparage in hours of boards broadcast on TV in my original answer did you have a problem understanding it ?

If there was anything of my reply you failed to grasp post them up and i will explain them in words of single syllables to help you.

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:26 pm
FFS are you so delinquent you can't read the thread title. Try and stay on tract and don't let your hatered of the bdo dominate your rantings.....
Where to start with this.........
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ILAD wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:33 pm
el_ringo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:31 pm

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Just incredible.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »