Tony Mitchell

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Maverick
Superleague Player

Re: Tony Mitchell

Post by Maverick »

So i’ve been into hull royal infirmary for a couple of days , I had an angiogram because they thought they’d seen an aneurysm on the carotid artery , they entered via the groin and checked all my arteries with the camera and the dye , the painful bits were getting the local before they started , getting into a small artery in my neck and the pressure applied to the groin at the end . Injecting the dye was hot with the risk of a stroke put at 1/1000 so I was worried but ok before the operation. They didn’t find any aneurysm or fistula it is in their opinion a high pressure bleed on the cerebellum , so as long as I keep the BP under control all is good.

As far as the darts goes I had my first competition at the start of December and scored well , it’s the elusive doubles at the end , I was shooting for 80 after 9 darts and lost the leg ! Lost 2-3 had six darts to win and lost to the eventual winner so all good. I find playing better than practice . Hope all is well in your world and I need to rest up for a week or so after the angiogram.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Nice to hear health improving.
Thinking of one.
SAFC
Superleague Player

Post by SAFC »

Maverick wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:45 pm So i’ve been into hull royal infirmary for a couple of days , I had an angiogram because they thought they’d seen an aneurysm on the carotid artery , they entered via the groin and checked all my arteries with the camera and the dye , the painful bits were getting the local before they started , getting into a small artery in my neck and the pressure applied to the groin at the end . Injecting the dye was hot with the risk of a stroke put at 1/1000 so I was worried but ok before the operation. They didn’t find any aneurysm or fistula it is in their opinion a high pressure bleed on the cerebellum , so as long as I keep the BP under control all is good.

As far as the darts goes I had my first competition at the start of December and scored well , it’s the elusive doubles at the end , I was shooting for 80 after 9 darts and lost the leg ! Lost 2-3 had six darts to win and lost to the eventual winner so all good. I find playing better than practice . Hope all is well in your world and I need to rest up for a week or so after the angiogram.
Glad u are ok bud sure u will get your doubles sorted
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

A bit choked as my union branch has been round and deposited £250 for me to help through Xmas as I was unable to do overtime. I don’t know what to say other than thank you .
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Share it round Tony, we'll pm bank details :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:20 pm Share it round Tony, we'll pm bank details :)
:DDD: it gave me a laugh !!

Still waiting for the bank details, oh and i’ll Need your passwords as well, i’ll pretend to be from Nigeria if that’s any better?
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Lost 1-2 , shouldn’t have got the one but he missed a shed load of doubles after missing a 9! Played crap , left it too long after the angiogram have lost most of what I’d found , never mind will lick the wounds and regroup. It’s hard hard going!!
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Paid a one day visit to QSchool on the Saturday and was laid up by the Monday morning , the flu hit me like a Mac Truck! Have been in and out of bed, coughing til I can’t breathe and repeating that constantly , I’ve had 2 hours sleep in four days! Last night was the first proper sleep I’d had since last Saturday (18th Jan) night! Was planing on throwing every couple of days this year but that’s gone out of the window. I don’t know if the stroke or recovery from has left my immune system in the toilet or if it’s just a nasty bug going about, but I’ve never been hit so hard and so fast by something so nasty as this! Any info from the local medical experts greatly received!
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Maverick wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:13 am Paid a one day visit to QSchool on the Saturday and was laid up by the Monday morning , the flu hit me like a Mac Truck! Have been in and out of bed, coughing til I can’t breathe and repeating that constantly , I’ve had 2 hours sleep in four days! Last night was the first proper sleep I’d had since last Saturday (18th Jan) night! Was planing on throwing every couple of days this year but that’s gone out of the window. I don’t know if the stroke or recovery from has left my immune system in the toilet or if it’s just a nasty bug going about, but I’ve never been hit so hard and so fast by something so nasty as this! Any info from the local medical experts greatly received!
IANAME.

E.g.
https://svn.bmj.com/content/3/1/34

It may make you more susceptible.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

1205 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:28 pm
Maverick wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:13 am Paid a one day visit to QSchool on the Saturday and was laid up by the Monday morning , the flu hit me like a Mac Truck! Have been in and out of bed, coughing til I can’t breathe and repeating that constantly , I’ve had 2 hours sleep in four days! Last night was the first proper sleep I’d had since last Saturday (18th Jan) night! Was planing on throwing every couple of days this year but that’s gone out of the window. I don’t know if the stroke or recovery from has left my immune system in the toilet or if it’s just a nasty bug going about, but I’ve never been hit so hard and so fast by something so nasty as this! Any info from the local medical experts greatly received!
IANAME.

E.g.
https://svn.bmj.com/content/3/1/34

It may make you more susceptible.

Thanks mate , at least I know! It may actually have helped me beat my hay fever , I’ll find out this year! Looking at the Ambulance times in this region for stroke , being a category two , people are waiting over an hour for an ambulance, I would probably have been dead by then, so was probably in the right place too.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Keep going
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

I’m trying , intend being at QSchool next season , even if only as a clogger 😂
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Just checking in here, are you doing ok fella ?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

See Maverick playing in this. Best of luck Tony, sure everyone on the site will be following your progress. If note I will post your results on this thread.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Hi all , having lost muscle mass across my shoulders biceps and chest I embarked on this Facebook challenge not sure if I could even do one press up as I hadn’t since the stroke , have only been concentrating on walking and darts, day one I hit 15, day 3 I think was 17, day 4 was 17, can’t remember what day 5 was just remember I had a rest day on day 8 as I was knackered due to my hayfever, did 22 on days 7,8 and finally did the 25 on day 9!
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

As for the darts , I either play ok 15-20 darts or awful 27-40 darts , I don’t seem to have an in between. Playing online has given me some stuff to work on , changes I’ve had to make. Have been between 60-70 averages on 13 leg games , hit a 170 out last week which was the first time I’d hit it in a game since the stroke so one one hand I was happy but on the other it came in a 24 dart leg, so my previous 21 darts were crap!! Getting there very very slowly. Started a leg a few weeks ago with 22,22,41,22,26 nearly the fucking lot in the bin and retired !!
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Have been wondering if this was covid 19 as I’d never experienced something this harsh before , as I said in the post I’d cough til I couldn’t breathe.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Maverick wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:36 am Hi all , having lost muscle mass across my shoulders biceps and chest I embarked on this Facebook challenge not sure if I could even do one press up as I hadn’t since the stroke , have only been concentrating on walking and darts, day one I hit 15, day 3 I think was 17, day 4 was 17, can’t remember what day 5 was just remember I had a rest day on day 8 as I was knackered due to my hayfever, did 22 on days 7,8 and finally did the 25 on day 9!
Press ups! People of our age shouldn't be doing press ups Tony.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:56 am
Maverick wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:36 am Hi all , having lost muscle mass across my shoulders biceps and chest I embarked on this Facebook challenge not sure if I could even do one press up as I hadn’t since the stroke , have only been concentrating on walking and darts, day one I hit 15, day 3 I think was 17, day 4 was 17, can’t remember what day 5 was just remember I had a rest day on day 8 as I was knackered due to my hayfever, did 22 on days 7,8 and finally did the 25 on day 9!
Press ups! People of our age shouldn't be doing press ups Tony.
What do mean our age you old git lol