Tony Mitchell

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Tony Mitchell

Post by nikkiboy »

Maverick wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:43 am Must have Mrs M logged in , currently can’t get out of bed and typing this left handed as my right hand is waving about like gingerami, a time my head goes above not being supported then it goes all over . Dreams of getting higher are over , replaced by dreams of picking up water. Enjoy what have while you have it is my lesson.
Life can be shit Tony, hope it gets better.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
rabsmith2
Superleague Player

Post by rabsmith2 »

Heal quickly lad
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Life is what it is mate, I now have a knew goal to go for x
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Maverick wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:31 pm Life is what it is mate, I now have a knew goal to go for x
You could become a ref for the BDO now as you fit the criteria of the announcement ;)

Best of luck with the recovery
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Just work on your recovery, and if you can't get full control back, there's the WDDA.
Bub
Pub Champion

Post by Bub »

Best wishes Maverick. Never met you, but always enjoy reading your reports. Take care and best wishes for a full recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Thanks everyone x
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

How you getting on Tony?
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Maverick wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:55 pm Thanks everyone x
This was the response I received when I tweeted him

"Gonna be a while mate if any, I’m approaching a point where I can throw again , it was the right hand side that was affected so I start from afresh , I start with the ground up over once the dizziness stops."
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

fling wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:08 am
Maverick wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:55 pm Thanks everyone x
This was the response I received when I tweeted him

"Gonna be a while mate if any, I’m approaching a point where I can throw again , it was the right hand side that was affected so I start from afresh , I start with the ground up over once the dizziness stops."
Well at least that's an improvement from the start, I'm assuming from this it was some sort or heart or brain problem so it may take a while to get back to normal but him thinking about throwing again shows the positivity needed for recovery. Good luck on a full recovery mate.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

It was a brain bleed , I can't understand my recovery tweet lol

i am back on the keyboard so hopefully slightly more understanding. I have had the darts in my hand for a throw, it was like they didn't belong . It was like starting from aged 6 lol I was just aiming for the board from half distance, at some point I have had a go from full distance and reached the board with most of my darts. It is a long route back and I may not make it but i'm making great strides.

Tony
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Maverick wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:19 am It was a brain bleed , I can't understand my recovery tweet lol

i am back on the keyboard so hopefully slightly more understanding. I have had the darts in my hand for a throw, it was like they didn't belong . It was like starting from aged 6 lol I was just aiming for the board from half distance, at some point I have had a go from full distance and reached the board with most of my darts. It is a long route back and I may not make it but i'm making great strides.

Tony
Small steps. All the best in the recovery.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Maverick wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:19 am It was a brain bleed , I can't understand my recovery tweet lol

Tony
Nah, that's still gibberish Tony, give it another week and reply again :grin:

Glad to see you're recovering well, keep it up, small steps big strides. :headbang:
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Maverick wrote:It was a brain bleed , I can't understand my recovery tweet lol

Tony
Friend had similar thing a few years back. Was throwing ok again after 3 months or so, however around 9 months before he was back playing his normal standard.

Hope recovery continues, health more important but hope the darts action recovers in time.

Good luck with it all.
Thinking of one.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Had a little throw today and reached the board with a T20 bit disconcerting aiming for D1 to hit T20 lol

But, a big up considering two days I couldn’t reach, I go to bed happy x
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Maverick wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:32 pm Had a little throw today and reached the board with a T20 bit disconcerting aiming for D1 to hit T20 lol

But, a big up considering two days I couldn’t reach, I go to bed happy x
Recovery may be a long process Tony, so treat every little bit of progress as a big win, and every day is a day closer to getting back to where you were.

Will not be long before you are banging in those 180s.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

I’m a lot happier today than the other day. So winner winner chicken dinner!
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

I hit a 140 today going for the 180 it ricocheted off, next 15 were like I didn’t have hold of them, ever! Still, I hit a 140!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Maverick wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:10 pm I hit a 140 today going for the 180 it ricocheted off, next 15 were like I didn’t have hold of them, ever! Still, I hit a 140!
Welcome to our world
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:35 pm
Maverick wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:10 pm I hit a 140 today going for the 180 it ricocheted off, next 15 were like I didn’t have hold of them, ever! Still, I hit a 140!
Welcome to our world
His 140 was with three darts Neil, not twelve. :)