Dundas Resigns as BDO Referee

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Dundas Resigns as BDO Referee

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:41 pm Which PDC refs havent bothered appearing at the Matchplay this week?

Cant believe that whatsoever unless its ones who have been retired for a bit (Spendley)
Ware wouldnt go back especially after all his mates have left the BDO
Bevins & Noble very unlikely
Bray Would be very surprised

Not a chance
Exactly, absolutely no reason to go back, the PDC will be paying them. Has to be retired names at best.
Big Jock Knew
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Noble and Bevins told me its not them.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Paul Hinks not been on TV this week.

But i can't believe there's more money in going to the BDO.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Can't see it. Hinks?
Nah bullsheet.

https://mastercaller.nl/callers
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

well marco mejer is off to brisbane by all accounts
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

There is definitely opportunities in the PDC for these guys and I think distancing themselves from the BDO they will probably increase.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:00 pm There is definitely opportunities in the PDC for these guys and I think distancing themselves from the BDO they will probably increase.
Yes but they'll never work in Lincs or Northern Cyrus ever again !!!
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:10 pm https://mastercaller.nl/callers
Am I missing something fro this site as it has people who are dead listed as mastercallers ?
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

With the amount of tournaments on the PDC circuit, it’s probably a bit overdue to put “workload management” into place for refs.

Look at a typical day at the Worlds R1 - 4 matches in a night lasting around 1 hour each. One match per night over the four main TV refs plus 1 match acting as “TV umpire”. Over 17 days that’s quite a big workload.

We’ve now got:
Russ Bray
George Noble
Paul Hinks
Kirk Bevins
Huw Ware - now full time with PDC?

With the amount of travelling, if you added Nick Rolls and Marco Meijer to that list potentially, it would allow some nights off once in a while for the above.

Travelling from personal experience is exhausting and a job like this surely mentally draining. Not having every ref at every event is probably not a bad idea.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Plenty of spots in the Premier League i would say.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Here’s a theory What if winmau as a brand has gone to the pdc 2020 onwards, after all the thing letting the pdc down is the quality of boards they play on in my opinion, as I understand the painters son had a share in the pdc (may be wrong) but if the old geezer has decided enough of the dross that the painters son is serving up winmau may have stepped in with here are boards & refs after all weren’t the refs retained by winmau & ashdown has re signed for 3/4 more years now unless winmau are going to be seen on tv they ain’t dishing contracts out for the fun of it ,that’s my view only
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

only85 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:34 pm Here’s a theory What if winmau as a brand has gone to the pdc 2020 onwards, after all the thing letting the pdc down is the quality of boards they play on in my opinion, as I understand the painters son had a share in the pdc (may be wrong) but if the old geezer has decided enough of the dross that the painters son is serving up winmau may have stepped in with here are boards & refs after all weren’t the refs retained by winmau & ashdown has re signed for 3/4 more years now unless winmau are going to be seen on tv they ain’t dishing contracts out for the fun of it ,that’s my view only
Not a chance

Unicorn deals ends in 2022, Mr Lowry is on the PDC board, there’s no chance they don’t extend the deal come 2021.

TeamRef resigned cause winmau paid them for them in the previous deal the BDO signed. The new deal has no money for referees costs in it. Des offered them an unsatisfactory deal where they took a stand against it.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

So many people keep forgetting that Unicorn buying into the PDC and becoming a major shareholder is what helped kept PDC going at an important stage. Not a chance Unicorn are going anywhere unless they decided to sell their shares for some reason - Ed wanted a huge bonus for example!! :)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Four or five people quit a company and people are whining like little bitches that they didn't see them get thanks for all their previous work. In how many companies have YOU worked in that do that then, huh? They QUIT. Bye bye. Next!"

One if des' supporters on fanatics . Maybe the team if ref's are seen as rebels (depending on their reason for resigning all together ).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Companies do thank their employees who leave
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:32 pm Companies do thank their employees who leave
In your case yes they do!!
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ILAD wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:58 pm
oche balboa wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:32 pm Companies do thank their employees who leave
In your case yes they do!!
A little obvious, but still made me chuckle.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

John Fowler and Paul Booth were 2 names being talked about as being the ones who are onboard with the BDO.

Players and partners were fairly open in speaking about this.

We shall see I guess
JFT97
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

Bag Carrier wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:42 am John Fowler and Paul Booth were 2 names being talked about as being the ones who are onboard with the BDO.

Players and partners were fairly open in speaking about this.

We shall see I guess
John Fowler could well be he’s been doing a lot of mc work on the exhibition circuit the last few years.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

devosteve wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:50 pm Four or five people quit a company and people are whining like little bitches that they didn't see them get thanks for all their previous work. In how many companies have YOU worked in that do that then, huh? They QUIT. Bye bye. Next!"

One if des' supporters on fanatics . Maybe the team if ref's are seen as rebels (depending on their reason for resigning all together ).
Lots of companies see 4 or 5 people leave and the chairman doesn’t see the need to publicly tell everyone else they’ve left.