Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25th -27th) Venue Circus Tavern

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Reading the amount of people on Facebook saying they won’t be nothing makes me think that the reason the seeds are back at round 1 is because so many of them said they weren’t bothering to play anyway.

Like tony says this could be the worst attended masters ever.

And from a purely selfish point of view moving it 200 miles south mean I can’t attend any more, was the only bdo event I liked going to
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:34 am So not one player is happy with this, seed or qualifier. Well done Des lol
Tbf only the negative comments have been posted here. There was positive ones also.
It's a three year deal so in effect dates and venue are known 15 and 27 months in advance for next editions.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The counties run the qualifiers for this.
And the players have to pay to enter these qualifiers.
Why isn't part of the set-up made to cover their entry into the Masters?
Quick fix and the 'working class' players don't have to fork our their 20 pund.
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:29 am God Bless the BDO and all who play in her.
I agree mate. Some people will just moan about anything.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

To All Member Counties
02/08/2019

Dear All,
Yesterday the BDO announced a change to the previous rules concerning the One80 – L Style World Masters. This change was not discussed or given to us prior to their official global announcement.

The Directors of England have decided in view of this announcement that they will underwrite the new entry fee imposed by the BDO for the One80 – L Style World Masters.

England is responsible to pay travel expenses to the grand finals of the event for all the qualifiers from the England Regional Play-Offs only.

English players qualifying from the within current BDO rules into the event other than the England Regional Qualifiers are not the responsibility of England Darts and as such we will not pay travel expenses or entry fees for these players.

Please be aware the expenses and entry fee will be paid on the day of the Grand Finals at Grays Civic Hall on 25th October, 2019, only players in attendance will be eligible for this payment.

Regards
Tommy Thompson
Chairman England Darts
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:09 am
Skewball wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:34 am So not one player is happy with this, seed or qualifier. Well done Des lol
Tbf only the negative comments have been posted here. There was positive ones also.
It's a three year deal so in effect dates and venue are known 15 and 27 months in advance for next editions.
This is brilliant news, after Lakeside the Circus Tavern is the most famous and iconic venue in the UK for darts, The three year deal also brings with it certainty for players and fans.

Against a deluge of trolls and keyboard warriors Dezzer keeps on giving..... :DDDD: :DDDD:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

All the qualifiers plus the top 128 who havent qualified yet

https://ochebalboadarts2019.blogspot.co ... -mens.html
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Top blogging!
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I wonder how much that will cost England darts?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:39 am To All Member Counties
02/08/2019

Dear All,
Yesterday the BDO announced a change to the previous rules concerning the One80 – L Style World Masters. This change was not discussed or given to us prior to their official global announcement.

The Directors of England have decided in view of this announcement that they will underwrite the new entry fee imposed by the BDO for the One80 – L Style World Masters.

England is responsible to pay travel expenses to the grand finals of the event for all the qualifiers from the England Regional Play-Offs only.

English players qualifying from the within current BDO rules into the event other than the England Regional Qualifiers are not the responsibility of England Darts and as such we will not pay travel expenses or entry fees for these players.

Please be aware the expenses and entry fee will be paid on the day of the Grand Finals at Grays Civic Hall on 25th October, 2019, only players in attendance will be eligible for this payment.

This agreement to pay expenses and entry fees for players can be withdrawn at any time, especially if the England Darts board conclude it's a bit too expensive and unilaterally decide not to turn up on the day, or if Irene gets her hands on the petty cash tin in the meantime.

Regards
Tommy Thompson
Chairman England Darts
Added a bit for accuracy for you Tommy.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Dannyboy wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:31 am
Bag Carrier wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:50 pm Personally I have to say well done for getting the venues.

But WTF is the schedule all about.

Added extra days onto the schedule when (myself included) people have booked to go to Cyprus to an event where you have to stay on site to earn others cash and land back less than 24hrs before the start if this in South UK.

Was happy to have qualified this year but now impossible for me and also possibly Ana to go due to the scheduling.

I can see this being the worst attended Masters.
Why not just prioritise the Masters ahead of the North Cyprus Tinpot Open? Easy for me to say I know, considering you’ve both paid for it I guess
There is 10 of us going to Northern Cyprus and everything is paid for.

When we booked we knew we returned Tuesday and that the Masters schedule was from friday, with a thursday for the World Champs playoff.

To have them change it to start less than 24hrs after we land, is making it impossible for us to get from Gatwick back to Ellesmere port and then back down to essex.

We have the baby with us and another person, parking all booked etc.

So it's not easy to change anything now and we cant really, so we will have to duck out this year.

Let's hope they have increased the prize money with all the £20 people will be paying each day they play.

If they donr, people need to be asking what the sponsors are paying for and where the other revenue is going.
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I would like Paddy to reply to the above post, please.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:29 am I would like Paddy to reply to the above post, please.
I think paddy said elsewhere: des is always giving. Hmm.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

oche balboa wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:50 am All the qualifiers plus the top 128 who havent qualified yet

https://ochebalboadarts2019.blogspot.co ... -mens.html
How many are on the list?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

No different to playing in the Premier League on a Thursday and being expected to get to the Pro Tour venue early on a Friday. If you're travelling around the world playing darts, then you need to understand timing is going to be tight and it can't all be on your terms.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Wish I was good enough to do it, Mshaw2
UKDA 4 Life
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

mshaw2 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:51 am No different to playing in the Premier League on a Thursday and being expected to get to the Pro Tour venue early on a Friday. If you're travelling around the world playing darts, then you need to understand timing is going to be tight and it can't all be on your terms.
Excellently put. :showbum:
JFT97
County Player

Post by 1205 »

mshaw2 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:51 am No different to playing in the Premier League on a Thursday and being expected to get to the Pro Tour venue early on a Friday. If you're travelling around the world playing darts, then you need to understand timing is going to be tight and it can't all be on your terms.
Players in the Premier League don't normally have to be anywhere on a Friday, because they're the top players, and therefore usually a seed.

They're also earning decent money for playing in the Premier League and can use that income to pay for more comfortable, more convenient travel and hotels.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

1205 wrote:
Players in the Premier League don't normally have to be anywhere on a Friday, because they're the top players, and therefore usually a seed.

They're also earning decent money for playing in the Premier League and can use that income to pay for more comfortable, more convenient travel and hotels.
I cant believe you bit to that ffs.
Big Jock Knew