Chaos and disaster-2019 One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
foggs3355
International

Re: Chaos and disaster-One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by foggs3355 »

After this who will want to sponsor the world pro or any other bdo tv events do any of players in the tv stages know what the prize money split
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Re: Chaos and disaster-One80 LStyle World Masters (Oct 25-27) Venue-Circus Tavern

Post by PVDarts501 »

markymark wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:01 pm Someone posted on Fanatics earlier that joint accounts aren't allowed under Facebook's T&Cs. Jacklins v Zuckerberg coming soon.
Lets all report Des/Paula :grin:
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

Lol hope that turns out better for them than the last court case
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

bovvered wrote:Lol hope that turns out better for them than the last court case
So they lost that then? Nobody actually said.
Big Jock Knew
SolidSCB
Brass Darts

Post by SolidSCB »

You really think if they'd have won they wouldn't have crowed about it on Facebook 30 seconds after?
bovvered
The Ton Club

Post by bovvered »

The defendant was extremely satisfied with the result and delighted with how the judge handled things.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

bovvered wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:18 pm The defendant was extremely satisfied with the result and delighted with how the judge handled things.
I've heard about judges handling things. :3some:
curzon
Brass Darts

Post by curzon »

Can anyone really be surprised at des's stewardship of the bdo. Wasn't it his first decision as chair to save a failing Spanish based competition so that Paula could gain the necessary ranking points. It maybe des's name as CEO or chairman or whatever he calls himself these days, possibly dave jack it in after yesterday's farce. However it's Paula calling the shots.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Demolition_fan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:12 pm Word reaches me from my source in the venue that the ladies got extremely heated in their discussions on stage and saw Maria o Brien nearly knock someone out
"I'll effin 'ave you!"

The current BDO stuff with this and the World Pro is a whole new level of shambolic.

It is truly unbelievable that Paula and her pet husband think that this is remotely the way to run comps.

Truly the gift that keeps on giving.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

No doubt now the Turkish draw was diddled the other year
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

curzon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:36 pm Can anyone really be surprised at des's stewardship of the bdo. Wasn't it his first decision as chair to save a failing Spanish based competition so that Paula could gain the necessary ranking points. It maybe des's name as CEO or chairman or whatever he calls himself these days, possibly dave jack it in after yesterday's farce. However it's Paula calling the shots.
I do find these theories funny.
What is the reason?
So she can lose in a quarter final on TV?
She has not really got any kind of record in winning on TV.
Just humiliating herself over and over.
curzon
Brass Darts

Post by curzon »

no doubt at all. got away with it then and all
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Post by Demolition_fan »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:39 pm
curzon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:36 pm Can anyone really be surprised at des's stewardship of the bdo. Wasn't it his first decision as chair to save a failing Spanish based competition so that Paula could gain the necessary ranking points. It maybe des's name as CEO or chairman or whatever he calls himself these days, possibly dave jack it in after yesterday's farce. However it's Paula calling the shots.
What is the reason?
Humiliating herself on tv so it can be watched in all its glory
The annual January highlight
curzon
Brass Darts

Post by curzon »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:39 pm
What is the reason?
Perhaps so she can qualify to lose on tv again and again and again
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:25 pm
Demolition_fan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:19 pm The worst ever line up in a televised tournament is due on a screen near you in the next few days
Why would you not tune in for comedy value and to rip the piss? Even the commentary will be shit
I can’t wait
Will be watching tomorrow afternoon. Hope for the player's sake that some decent darts will be played. Should be a decent crowd as well with everyone getting in free.
Any luck?

Just getting that in early. The attendance is certain to be pathetic all weekend.

And dire.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

They have huge egos and 'need to be on tv. Meeeememeee
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Christ on a bike :

Lisa Ashton
Sorry we had a vote just like the men did the other day before and we didn't have a problem with it and we are entitled to it
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:01 pm Christ on a bike :

Lisa Ashton
Sorry we had a vote just like the men did the other day before and we didn't have a problem with it and we are entitled to it
Des removes the 16 seed privileges, then they complain and threaten to not attend, then he lets them vote on the draw.
Almost as inept as the UK government.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Just a form of cheating no matter which way you look at it. What potential sponsor or tv company wants to be associated with that.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ssjsa wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:25 pm
Demolition_fan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:19 pm The worst ever line up in a televised tournament is due on a screen near you in the next few days
Why would you not tune in for comedy value and to rip the piss? Even the commentary will be shit
I can’t wait
Will be watching tomorrow afternoon. Hope for the player's sake that some decent darts will be played. Should be a decent crowd as well with everyone getting in free.
Any luck?

Just getting that in early. The attendance is certain to be pathetic all weekend.

And dire.
Might be better than the crowd by the end of the European Open tonight !!